Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut (Wii U) FINALLY $19.99 (after shipping) through various Amazon sellers.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:34 PM

http://www.amazon.co...99919650&sr=8-3

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Monster Rancher Advance 2, :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Elansar, Pippin01.gif- Super Marathon
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Ducktales Remastered, 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#2 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:48 PM

Eragh. Can't quite pull the trigger. So many other sealed games! :(

cagSig.png515886.png

#3 midloo

midloo

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:10 PM

Why oh why wasn't this the price day one?  

Thanks, OP. 

Posted Image

#4 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:16 PM

Wouldn't ya know, I caved last night at 21.

+1 that this shoulda been the price from day one.

Current Playlist:

Wii U  +++++  Mario Kart 8-tear it up!   Deus Ex HR-sneak, sneak goes the Aug.  Shovel Knight-clank... goes my shovel on the skull

Xbox 360  +++++  Rocksmith 2014 YACHT ROCK is dead. LONG LIVE YACHT ROCK ! ! !    Earth Defense Force 2025 - EDF... EDF...EDF!!!

PS3  +++++  chillin' like the mofo that it is

#5 SpidrMnky

SpidrMnky

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:20 PM

Wouldn't ya know, I caved last night at 21.

+1 that this shoulda been the price from day one.

I did a  few days ago as well. I don't feel too bad about it though. Just $2 and with it not dropping forever I didn't want to take a chance on missing it since I don't have many physical stores to grab it once they start to clearance it out. The stores I have didn't carry it so when it dropped to $21 I jumped on it :)

:hot: Earn free Amazon Gift Cards! PM if you have questions. :hot: 

#6 sharpeone

sharpeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:28 PM

Seriously considering this since I just picked up a Wii U (primarily for Mario Kart).  Does the gamepad add that much more than the version for the other consoles/pc?

Check my trade list at http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=313024

Sign up for Ibotta using http://ibotta.com/r/SCETeg to earn your first $2.  Ibotta has exclusive rebates at over 100,000 stores nationwide.

#7 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:44 PM

We have a app state mountaineer on CAG?

#8 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:49 PM

I did a  few days ago as well. I don't feel too bad about it though. Just $2 and with it not dropping forever I didn't want to take a chance on missing it since I don't have many physical stores to grab it once they start to clearance it out. The stores I have didn't carry it so when it dropped to $21 I jumped on it :)

That's how I felt.  It was low enough that I would rather make sure I own it than save a few bucks more.

Current Playlist:

Wii U  +++++  Mario Kart 8-tear it up!   Deus Ex HR-sneak, sneak goes the Aug.  Shovel Knight-clank... goes my shovel on the skull

Xbox 360  +++++  Rocksmith 2014 YACHT ROCK is dead. LONG LIVE YACHT ROCK ! ! !    Earth Defense Force 2025 - EDF... EDF...EDF!!!

#9 sharpeone

sharpeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:50 PM

We have a app state mountaineer on CAG?

Yep, is that surprising for a reason?

On topic though, I started playing HR on the PC but never finished it.  Any reason the gamepad integration would be worth picking it up at this price?

Check my trade list at http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=313024

Sign up for Ibotta using http://ibotta.com/r/SCETeg to earn your first $2.  Ibotta has exclusive rebates at over 100,000 stores nationwide.

#10 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:54 PM

Thx. 

Xecutioner
CML

#11 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:01 PM

Yep, is that surprising for a reason?

On topic though, I started playing HR on the PC but never finished it.  Any reason the gamepad integration would be worth picking it up at this price?

I played the origianl release on 360 and loved it, so that's partly why I'm double-dipping.  But the other part that got me to buy around this pricepoint was the fact that this is the director's cut which had all the improvements to gameplay & the gamepad integration seems interesting enough.

Won't know if the gamepad stuff alone is worth the buy until I actually try it out

Current Playlist:

#12 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:24 PM

I paid $10 for the PS3 version forever ago, I don't see why I should spend one cent on this.  Oh I know, they added some commentary I could Youtube if I cared to see it (I don't) and they ever so slightly tweaked the first boss fight, but really, who cares?  It's still the same damn game, why pay a premium just to have it on WiiU?

http://www.destructo...u--263660.phtml

/rant

http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#13 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:25 PM

The Wii U is the definitive eversion outside of the PC, correct?

#14 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:35 PM

I don't know all the details, but apparently Vita/Smartglass replicate the Gamepad features perfectly.  I have no idea how/if they do it on PC.

http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#15 Equistina

Equistina

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:43 PM

According to what I was told, yes it is

Equistina.png

#16 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:40 AM

I played the origianl release on 360 and loved it, so that's partly why I'm double-dipping.  But the other part that got me to buy around this pricepoint was the fact that this is the director's cut which had all the improvements to gameplay & the gamepad integration seems interesting enough.

Won't know if the gamepad stuff alone is worth the buy until I actually try it out

I'm interested to hear your opinion if you get a chance to try it out soon. Please let us know if you do. I still have the 360 version sitting in my backlog unopened. I don't really want to spend more than $10 on a double dip unless the double dip is a significant improvement and I can sell off my original dip. ;)

Open spoiler at your own risk.

You have been Warned!

Spoiler

#17 jholden3249

jholden3249

CAG Ultra Noob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:18 AM

Seriously considering this since I just picked up a Wii U (primarily for Mario Kart).  Does the gamepad add that much more than the version for the other consoles/pc?

I think so. The gamepad is a minor addition for gameplay, but sometimes it's the little things that make all the difference. I couldn't imagine playing games like Splinter Cell Blacklist, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate or Deus Ex Human Revolution without it.

#18 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:42 PM

I'm interested to hear your opinion if you get a chance to try it out soon. Please let us know if you do. I still have the 360 version sitting in my backlog unopened. I don't really want to spend more than $10 on a double dip unless the double dip is a significant improvement and I can sell off my original dip. ;)

Got in a bit of time with the game last night so thought I'd give initial impressions on the Gamepad's implementation.

First off, there is off-screen play, which is a huge plus for me (especially with all the playoffs/sports on tv right now).

But, if you're going with a more traditional view (i.e.: tv or monitor) then the gamepad's screen is utilized mostly for menu access & navigation.  You're given icons along the left and right sides of the screen for instant access to Weapons/Inventory, Augmentations/Skills, Maps,, Miiverse and something else I'm forgetting.

So you have a much easier and quicker experience to everything.  And touch controls make it much simpler to get thru those screens.

The Miiverse function is also pretty interesting.  It's kinda like a Demons Souls take where you can leave notes/recording/photo for others to find.  At least that's how I understood it; haven't tried that out yet.

The only other differences I've found during gameplay have been with scoped weapons, Hacking and body searches.

Got the Sniper rifle and when you line up for a scoped shot the tv view changes to tunnel-vision, so if you're good enough take the shot.  Otherwise, use the cross-hair view that's displayed on the gamepad screen

Hacking/Terminal access is also performed on the gamepad.  If you have the access code you just type it on the keypad that displays on the gamepad screen.  But if you're hacking, you'll get the view on the gamepad screen and you just tap on the node/module you want to hack.  Much faster to do when you have touch controls & less likely to mess up.

Body Searches will display the items on the gamepad screen, so just touch the items you want to add and move on.

You also have the option for the radar to be displayed on the tv or on the gamepad.  Going gamepad obviously gives you a cleaner view on the tv.

Only drawback so far has been the QuickAccess function.  The access wheel displays on the gamepad screen instead of the main tv screen.  To me that defeats the whole point of quick access.

So overall, you're getting a better experience.  But it's not like the original version of the game was bad to begin with.  

Personally, I consider the Director's Cut version and the gamepad implementation worth the 20 bucks and glad I've got it.

Current Playlist:

#19 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:39 PM

I paid $10 for the PS3 version forever ago, I don't see why I should spend one cent on this. Oh I know, they added some commentary I could Youtube if I cared to see it (I don't) and they ever so slightly tweaked the first boss fight, but really, who cares? It's still the same damn game, why pay a premium just to have it on WiiU?

http://www.destructo...u--263660.phtml

/rant

It's not for you, maybe?

oIi9lub.png

#20 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RAPADOOOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:21 PM

FYI this is $13.88 and Prime eligible right now.

uc.png

#21 Mr_hat

Mr_hat

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:56 PM

Awesome! Its a pity that every other version of the game is better on other systems that are cheaper and have been out for twice as long. But then again that is 50% of the wiiu library.

Really though unless you don't own a 360, ps3 or a pc there is no reason to buy this on the wiiu.

#22 Jawabreaker

Jawabreaker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:07 PM

Grabbed it for $1.66, due to having a $12.22 credit.

#23 Heavyd814life

Heavyd814life

♥Bleed Arsenal Red♥

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:08 PM

Does anyone know if this works with the Pro controller or will i have to play it with the gamepad?

heavyd814eva.png

#24 whodoneit

whodoneit

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:08 PM

No the game pad doesnt add anything major over the other versions.

#25 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:10 PM

FYI this is $13.88 and Prime eligible right now.

Thanks. Nice price.

cagSig.png515886.png

#26 whodoneit

whodoneit

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:12 PM

Does anyone know if this works with the Pro controller or will i have to play it with the gamepad?

Unless they ninja patched it in no. Its gamepad / mote-chuck only.