Looks like an official drop.

http://www.xbox.com/...bid=7JbD-fKYyXE

Posted Image

#2 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:05 PM

Huh, that's right before E3, isn't it...?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3 ChuckVsWorld

ChuckVsWorld

aCAGdemic Advisor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:07 PM

I think so. Also coming without Kinect.

Posted Image

#4 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:07 PM

Was just about to come post this. That is right at E3...

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#5 Chlorox

Chlorox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:08 PM

No kinect.I guess that'll make some people happy.

#6 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:09 PM

WAIT WHAT

That's the main reason I never wanted an XB1... :shock:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#7 ubdu

ubdu

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:09 PM

Hope there's one without Kinect. Then I'll be grabbing one and a PS4 before the end of the year probably.

157446.png1971290-1-GregGale.png

#8 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:10 PM

WAIT WHAT

That's the main reason I never wanted an XB1... :shock:

Yeah, says at the bottom of the page. Kinect sold separately.

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

#9 zyk

zyk

Yea they basically just removed the kinect and dropped the price to $400. Should be an interesting E3

Currently Playing

:360: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

:ps3: Tales of Xillia

:ps4: Watch_Dogs

#10 ChuckVsWorld

ChuckVsWorld

aCAGdemic Advisor

• CAGiversary!

Hope there's one without Kinect. Then I'll be grabbing one and a PS4 before the end of the year probably.

Done!

Posted Image

#11 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:11 PM

But I thought the Kinect was an integral part of the Xbone experience and they would never release a kinectless SKU. I guess when you get your ass handed to you things can change.

#12 jimbo8574

jimbo8574

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:12 PM

Had they done this in November I would have probably picked up an XBox one instead of a PS4.  I will be PS4/Vita for a while now though.

jimbo8574.png

#13 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:16 PM

April numbers must be awful but great news for folks who were on the fence or the many others who hated the Kinect. I'm not sure it is enough of a price drop to move the needle but time will tell. The most important announcement to current X1 owners is the implementation of Games with Gold and Microsoft abandoning the paywall for apps. 

Free games with Games with Gold**. Since Games with Gold launched on Xbox 360 a year ago, over 12 million people have enjoyed great free games, resulting in nearly 200 million hours of free fun playing Games with Gold titles. We’ve been learning from your feedback and have focused on making improvements each month to the selection of titles. To celebrate the one-year anniversary of Games with Gold for Xbox 360 and as a thank you for helping shape this program, members will receive an additional free Xbox 360 game in June. The Games with Gold titles for Xbox 360 in June are “Dark Souls,” “Charlie Murder” and a bonus game of “Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition.” We’re pleased to bring Games with Gold to Xbox Live Gold members on Xbox One in June. Members will have subscription-based access to free games ranging from top hits to breaking indie stars. The program will launch on Xbox One with “Max: The Curse of Brotherhood” and “Halo: Spartan Assault.” A single Gold membership will get you access to the free games for both Xbox One and Xbox 360.

Exclusive Discounts. Deals with Gold will also launch for Xbox One in June, delivering discounts for great games each month, with significant savings for Xbox Live Gold members. The first titles offered in June will include “Forza Motorsport 5,” “Ryse: Son of Rome,” and a few other surprises. In the coming months, we will offer significant savings of up to 50 – 75 percent off certain titles. This program will continue to be available for Xbox Live Gold members on Xbox 360. And new on Xbox One, we will launch a virtual VIP room exclusive to Xbox Live Gold members where we will feature free games, monthly deals, and other great benefits.

Popular entertainment apps will be available for all Xbox 360 and Xbox One owners. Xbox 360 has been a leader in delivering entertainment experiences for years, with over 170 global entertainment apps and experiences available today. We’re constantly adding new partners and experiences to the growing catalog on Xbox One. Coming in June, anyone with an Xbox will be able to access popular entertainment experiences – whether or not you have an Xbox Live Gold membership. This includes great gaming apps like Machinima, Twitch and Upload, popular video services like Netflix, Univision Deportes, GoPro, Red Bull TV and HBO GO, sports experiences like the NFL app for Xbox One, MLB.TV, NBA Game Time, NHL Game Center and more.*** Microsoft experiences including Internet Explorer, Skype, OneDrive and OneGuide will also be available to all Xbox customers.**** You can find a full list of apps and features that will be available below.

Xecutioner
CML

#14 Msn1983

Msn1983

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:18 PM

Can I get $99.99 back for my Kinnect? It just sits their. I never use it

#15 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

It's basically a neutered console without the Kinect. Is saving 100 bucks really worth it when you don't get the full experience?

#16 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

They still lost so much money by being stubborn enough to wait this long. But a good look regardless because I can now trade my kinect

#17 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:19 PM

I can't get over how much this copy flip flops. I dont know if they ever had a vision.

Selling GTA V and Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#18 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:20 PM

It's basically a neutered console without the Kinect. Is saving 100 bucks really worth it when you don't get the full experience?

What game based experience would I be missing?

Edit: I do agree that this decision should have been made earlier... a $399 console w/o Kinect isn't really much of a savings over a $499 console with kinect but at least it's a start.

What are the odds that AZ will still have Day One console in stock starting year two?

#19 ryuzx

ryuzx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:21 PM

Hahahahahahaha! Microsoft britta'd yet again. Take the Kinect out, drop the price $100. Kinect sold separately in the Fall for probably way more than a $100 too. Sheesh, Xbox is the AT&T of video game consoles.

#20 Msn1983

Msn1983

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:21 PM

I've had it since launch and I've used the Kinnect less than 5 times. I tried it the first day and never used it again. My X1 runs and plays everything just fine without Kinnect. I would never play Kinnect sports even if I had it.

#21 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:22 PM

I'm actually kinda glad I got the Titanfall bundle now, especially since I flipped an AWD PS4 for it so basically saved $100 and got the system, Kinect, and Titanfall for the same price as this new Kinect-less system.

#22 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:23 PM

So they're giving you less and charging you less.  I'm not sure why people are pushing for a kinectless $400 sku.  They should be pushing for a $400 sku that includes kinect.  Sell it if you don't want it, but don't accept this half-assed price cut as an acceptable solution to the system being overpriced.

I like my xb1 but I'm worried about my investment so I would like to see the system succeed.  If the best MS is willing to do is pull some smoke and mirrors "price cut" out of their ass in hopes of saving the system, I don't mind seeing the system fail.  I'm that spiteful.  

Selling on Amazon as Gaming Cheaply

Please feel free to PM me if there is a game you want to purchase cheaper than Amazon Warehouse or Gamestop.

#23 RoytheRobot

RoytheRobot

You Can't Stop Me

• CAG Veteran

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:24 PM

I don't understand, people always say that the Kinect is useless, that they should make a bundle without kinect, and when Microsoft does it, its bad and bla bla bla.

#24 ChuckVsWorld

ChuckVsWorld

aCAGdemic Advisor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:25 PM

There has to be frequent $349 sales on this SKU by late summer. Now that the prices are even, MS has to work harder to show why it's a better value with slightly inferior hardware.

Posted Image

#25 myka22

myka22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:25 PM

You also have to understand that management was restructured, Phil Spencer is now in charge of the Xbox division, which he took over a month ago. Obviously he felt like moving forward it was the best decision, regardless of what had been previously decided.

Currently Playing: Killer Instinct, Ryse.

#26 TheCochese

TheCochese

I make things out of wood

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:28 PM

A step in the right direction.

#27 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:30 PM

Well it's about damn time.

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#28 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:33 PM

Good.  That means a kinect-less XB1 will be sub $400 around Black Friday.

I laughed when I saw Charlie Murder will be one of the free games in June.  One of my friends is going to be so pissed.

Question: I currently only have a 360.  Is it possible to "buy" the free GwG for the XB1 on the website (i.e., without owning an XB1 yet) so that I will own those games and download them when/if I eventually get an XB1?

#29 ChuckVsWorld

ChuckVsWorld

aCAGdemic Advisor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:34 PM

Good.  That means a kinect-less XB1 will be sub $400 around Black Friday.

I laughed when I saw Charlie Murder will be one of the free games in June.  One of my friends is going to be so pissed.

Question: I currently only have a 360.  Is it possible to "buy" the free GwG for the XB1 on the website (i.e., without owning an XB1 yet) so that I will own those games and download them when/if I eventually get an XB1?

I don't see why you couldn't get the One games. MS doesn't really track which system you have, a la Sony, as far as I know.

Posted Image

#30 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:35 PM

Microsoft abandoning the paywall for apps. 

They don't deserve any praise for this, its hilarious that they were able to pull that shit for so long when literally every other media device had these apps for free since the beginning of time. What a joke.