Photo
* * * - - 11 votes

Wii U $199.99 @ EBAY (new, Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack Limited Edition Bundle) DEAD USNOOZE ULOOSE

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:15 AM

http://www.ebay.com/...sd=201044123375

wii u is by far the best system on the market and this is a steal. i got the mario version for $180 so ill still be better than all of you haha but enjoy 

not sure if u can sell the skylanders stuff but if u can then your welcum for that #hustlin #alwaysthinkingofyouguys

#2 JohnnyCage

JohnnyCage

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:19 AM

If it was the Deluxe I'd be all over it. Not sure about this bundle. Is 8gb enough without a memory upgrade?

#3 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:22 AM

If it was the Deluxe I'd be all over it. Not sure about this bundle. Is 8gb enough without a memory upgrade?

u can buy a 32 gb sd card for dirt cheap u livin in a box dawg memory aint nuffin ya feel me. 8 geebee plenty unless u plan on buyin digi which is wack anyway ya feel me

#4 Wolfeh

Wolfeh

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:47 AM

You can also plug in a usb stick from what i heard. Really there is no reason to get the black one unless you have to have black.

#5 kevinmlssu

kevinmlssu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:00 AM

This might be a dumb question, but can I get rid of the gamepad after I do the initial set up? I already have super cheap pro controller from a clearance sale. I see the pads selling anywhere from 100-150 with bids on ebay. Sell the additional skylanders/nintendoland and you end up with semi next gen console priced from free-$50 without the gamepad. 
Just an thought. 

#6 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:20 AM

This might be a dumb question, but can I get rid of the gamepad after I do the initial set up? I already have super cheap pro controller from a clearance sale. I see the pads selling anywhere from 100-150 with bids on ebay. Sell the additional skylanders/nintendoland and you end up with semi next gen console priced from free-$50 without the gamepad. 
Just an thought. 

not all games support the pro controller, only some and most games require the gamepad if even for a little so if you get rid of it then you going to be risking having a unplayable system for a good chunk of games. You also need it for the eshop and any of the apps on the wii u as well as games such as super Mario 3d world and nintendoland, zombi U and many others. It is the only way you can navigate the menus and stuff on the system to.

#7 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:25 AM

E3 is so close, I'm sure there will be a price drop

#8 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:27 AM

E3 is so close, I'm sure there will be a price drop

HAHA I CAN PROMISE YOU THERE WONT BE. MK8 CUMS OUT VERY SOON AND THESE SYSTEMS WILL BE SELLING LIKE HOTCAKES. THATS RIGHT I SAID IT. ITS ALREADY $100 LESS THAN THE CUMPETITION GET REAL SIS

#9 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

All About That Bass, No Treble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:31 AM

Too bad I can't use GS credit on this.

Use GS credit to buy Amazon Cards, Sell them to get Paypal monies and finally use that on eBay?

Lol

#10 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:32 AM

HAHA I CAN PROMISE YOU THERE WONT BE. MK8 CUMS OUT VERY SOON AND THESE SYSTEMS WILL BE SELLING LIKE HOTCAKES. THATS RIGHT I SAID IT. ITS ALREADY $100 LESS THAN THE CUMPETITION GET REAL SIS

that and plus iwata already said he wont cut prices of hardware no more this year only software of Nintendo systems if needed. He said couple months ago the earliest he would cut hardware prices would be march 2015 

#11 cashgunschaos

cashgunschaos

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:32 AM

not all games support the pro controller, only some and most games require the gamepad if even for a little so if you get rid of it then you going to be risking having a unplayable system for a good chunk of games. You also need it for the eshop and any of the apps on the wii u as well as games such as super Mario 3d world and nintendoland, zombi U and many others. It is the only way you can navigate the menus and stuff on the system to.

Spot on response.... I wish Nintendo would system update and allow for navigation on eshop and to play most games with just pro controller. Lame that I gotta get off my ass to grab the pointless gamepad just to bypass 90% of the time.

#12 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:33 AM

u can buy a 32 gb sd card for dirt cheap u livin in a box dawg memory aint nuffin ya feel me. 8 geebee plenty unless u plan on buyin digi which is wack anyway ya feel me

I thought you couldn't store actual Wii/Wii-U games on an SD card, just saves and stuff?

So basically we are left with slow ass USB 2.0 for game data. No thanks. I assume the minimal amount of internal storage is at least much faster than externals, every GB of that is precious (it's like we're living in 2004 here). The 32GB is a huge inconvenience, but you can probably at least work with it if you minimize downloads. I'm just pretending the 8GB models don't even exist. 

#13 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:38 AM

I thought you couldn't store actual Wii/Wii-U games on an SD card, just saves and stuff?

So basically we are left with slow ass USB 2.0 for game data. No thanks. I assume the minimal amount of internal storage is at least much faster than externals, every GB of that is precious (it's like we're living in 2004 here). The 32GB is a huge inconvenience, but you can probably at least work with it if you minimize downloads. I'm just pretending the 8GB models don't even exist. 

Some of the storage space is used by the system software. The 8GB Basic Set has approximately 3GB available for data storage and downloads. The 32GB Deluxe Set has approximately 25GB available for data storage and downloads. and no you can not store actual games on a sd card

#14 OldSchoolGaming4Life

OldSchoolGaming4Life

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:06 AM

If you like, or love Skylanders, an all white system and don't mind missing out on the 10% back Deluxe Digital Promotion, then this is a great deal. I have the Zelda WWHD black Deluxe Set that I got for $282 (no tax) last year at Newegg, but if I didn't have one now I'd more than likely go for this bundle.

Aside from the yellowing or dingy brown looking color left behind on the nubs of the analog sticks over time if not protected, I actually prefer the all white system. Not only that, but fingerprints are harder and damn near impossible to see on white systems. A major plus there.

And honestly, looking back, the 8GB only isn't a big deal, IMO. I have a 250GB (232GB usable) Click-free portable external HDD using the "Y" cable setup and it works like a perfectly. 32GB on the Deluxe isn't really that much to brag about. It's obviously better than 8GB but at the end of the day it's still a crappy amount of space.

Again, worst thing here if you buy this model is you miss out on the 10% back Deluxe Digital Promotion. I'd highly recommend it otherwise! :). That green artwork is pretty awsome too! LOL.

3DS FC: 1375-7268-6996
NNID: OldSchoolGaming
PSN: C90sRetroGaming
Youtube: http://www.youtube.c...hoolGaming4Life

GameFaq's: 90sRetroGaming
Feel free to add me! PM or comment on my page to add! :)

#15 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:25 AM

If you like, or love Skylanders, an all white system and don't mind missing out on the 10% back Deluxe Digital Promotion, then this is a great deal. I have the Zelda WWHD black Deluxe Set that I got for $282 (no tax) last year at Newegg, but if I didn't have one now I'd more than likely go for this bundle.

Aside from the yellowing or dingy brown looking color left behind on the nubs of the analog sticks over time if not protected, I actually prefer the all white system. Not only that, but fingerprints are harder and damn near impossible to see on white systems. A major plus there.

And honestly, looking back, the 8GB only isn't a big deal, IMO. I have a 250GB (232GB usable) Click-free portable external HDD using the "Y" cable setup and it works like a perfectly. 32GB on the Deluxe isn't really that much to brag about. It's obviously better than 8GB but at the end of the day it's still a crappy amount of space.

Again, worst thing here if you buy this model is you miss out on the 10% back Deluxe Digital Promotion. I'd highly recommend it otherwise! :). That green artwork is pretty awsome too! LOL.

are you serious bro. digital is the biggest scam going around and if you lack da brain cells to think coheremently on this subject than i feel for u. i dont mind digital for indie games cus dey usually cant afford goin retail but buyin digital for aaa games is the dumbest thing goin. u cant trade it in, lend it, touch it. sure u get da experience but to think that 10% back on a non existant entity beats u bein able to trade the game for over half the purchase price or lend it to a friend or share it is a disgrace to this cummunity that i lead

#16 OldSchoolGaming4Life

OldSchoolGaming4Life

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:38 AM

are you serious bro. digital is the biggest scam going around and if you lack da brain cells to think coheremently on this subject than i feel for u. i dont mind digital for indie games cus dey usually cant afford goin retail but buyin digital for aaa games is the dumbest thing goin. u cant trade it in, lend it, touch it. sure u get da experience but to think that 10% back on a non existant entity beats u bein able to trade the game for over half the purchase price or lend it to a friend or share it is a disgrace to this cummunity that i lead

Where are my 5/25-5/31 Target and Best Buy ads? Go get them now so I can see those weeks deals! No excuses about trying to outrun the cops either!  :shame:  [-(. Now get a move on!

#17 bonesawisready

bonesawisready

YES! YES! YES!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:30 AM

Its like all of your posts start off making sense just with some typos but then half way through you remember you have a silly persona on CAG to maintain and try to be funny.

But for the guy asking about 8GB, you can just buy a cheap 32GB-64GB USB flash drive for $15-$30 most places and use that for extra memory. The 8GB will likely only have 3GB available after updates.

#18 Jiryn

Jiryn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:16 AM

I have the Black Wii U.

How big of an SD Card can it use?
I currently have a 32 in it.

#19 Corgstradamus

Corgstradamus

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:42 AM

Twitter I'd like to see you try to stick to 140 characters just to make what you say even crazier... example

R u srs bro? digi is big scam go round lack cells this sub I feel you. Indie game dev 4 life Digi for 3a? Psh. Cummunity I'm out (129 characters)
Anyway thanks for the post.

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#20 dallow

dallow

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:46 AM

And sold.

Missed out in this deal earlier this week. Glad it came back.
"i drive a rolls royce / cause it's good for my voice"
3DS Friend Code: 3609-1044-7487

#21 Airplanespin

Airplanespin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:23 PM

Looks like a good deal.

Though I'd like it in black, and have no real use for Skylanders, I don't see a better option anywhere.

The 3GB cap is what is keeping me from buying it right now, but if external support is that good, I may have to pull the trigger at some point today.

#22 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:27 PM

Looks like a good deal.

Though I'd like it in black, and have no real use for Skylanders, I don't see a better option anywhere.

The 3GB cap is what is keeping me from buying it right now, but if external support is that good, I may have to pull the trigger at some point today.

3GB cap? You mean the 8GB cap? I don't think I would need more space than that. I don't see myself downloading any games from the VC on it. Plus with the expandable storage option, this bundle is a no brainer.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#23 Airplanespin

Airplanespin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:36 PM

3GB cap? You mean the 8GB cap? I don't think I would need more space than that. I don't see myself downloading any games from the VC on it. Plus with the expandable storage option, this bundle is a no brainer.

5 of the 8 are system storage from what I've read.  Even Nintendo's website says you're only really getting 3.

#24 OldSchoolGaming4Life

OldSchoolGaming4Life

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:36 PM

Well, the OS features and latest update will leave you with around 3GB of usable space. With the 32GB Deluxe you'll have around 25GB usable.

#25 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:42 PM

i wait till the 99 buck say  at thanksgiving... Sad to see nintendo leave the video game market but their days are numbered.

i can see them going 100% into handhelds or making games for other systems  (like sega)

WOOOO I STINK

#26 argyle

argyle

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:44 PM

I grabbed pretty much the same deal off of Groupon last week, just waiting for it to arrive now.  BTW, if you do grab one don't forget to hit up TRU for some cheap clearanced accessories.  I got an official charging cradle for $2.xx, a battery pack to extend the controller's charge time for $10 & a headset for $10 - and I think all of that stuff is even cheaper now.  

Posted Image

#27 EvilMakiPR

EvilMakiPR

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:49 PM

Guys Im pretty sure well see a Pricedrop on E3. Just wait or buy the Mario Kart Bundle. I mean thus is the 8GB version and after the uodates youll end up with like 2GB o.0

#28 Airplanespin

Airplanespin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:58 PM

While I agree with you, waiting is not my strong suit.  

Besides, I'm almost thirty and have little want for plastic steering wheels - much like the Swap Force.

#29 elmetfano

elmetfano

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:09 PM

I actually got this.  I have it now but You kinda need a external HDD.  I got a 1TB,  independent powered one from WD (my book) for like 60 refurbished.  Seems to be fine and I got it for "~260."  Seems worth it for the console that SSB will be on and other good Nintendo 1st party.

Although I will say I wish I kinda rather got that mario kart bundle (get that! less hassle)

#30 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:28 PM

i wait till the 99 buck say  at thanksgiving... Sad to see nintendo leave the video game market but their days are numbered.

i can see them going 100% into handhelds or making games for other systems  (like sega)

Oh man, you sound like people in the GameCube era, back before Nintendo responded to not dominating the market for a generation by making one of the best selling consoles of all time. 

Until you see Nintendo hang an "Out of Business" sign on their front doors, do not count them out of anything. 

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!