Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

GameStop Mario Kart 8 Demo Test Drive Days 5/17-5/18 Pre-Order & Get Free Mario Kart 8 Double Sided Poster & Play the Demo

gamestop mario kart 8 pre order demo wii u nintendo mario

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:33 PM

GameStop Mario Kart 8 Demo Test Drive Days 5/17-5/18 Pre-Order & Get Free Mario Kart 8 Double Sided Poster & Play the Demo

Here the Link for Participating Gamestop locations: http://www.gamestop....5qevCleVWDPuaTA

Also anyone that pre-orders, or has pre-ordered, the game will get a double sided poster.

Q3OhF9g.jpg

Saturday, May 17th through Sunday, May 18th

Play the Demo of Mario Kart 8 these Days From 12pm Noon to 4pm.

The Following Tracks Will be available to Play On: As Well as all 30 Characters.

• Mario Kart Stadium
  • Mario Circuit
  • Sunshine Airport
  • Electrodrome
  • Water Park
  • Sweet Sweet Canyon
  • Toad Harbor
  • Cloudtop Cruise

UBEheC7.pngthZLHFZ.png

#2 nextisland

nextisland

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:35 PM

If I didn't have a x1 and ps4 id buy it but my parents would get mad

#3 jfh2c

jfh2c

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:13 PM

The manager of my usual GS was setting his demo up last night before close and let me check it out. It lived up to my high expectations. I've not been this excited about a new game for a while. Hopefully this helps move some Wii U consoles, and keeps Nintendo in the game.

#4 Psyae

Psyae

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:22 PM

My Gamestop didn't give me the poster and told me they were only giving them out at time of pick up ;__;

Posted Image

#5 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:37 PM

My Gamestop didn't give me the poster and told me they were only giving them out at time of pick up ;__;

That's what I was told the other day as well. Did anyone get to take home a poster today? Maybe we are just misinterpreting that Gamestop promotion.

Open spoiler at your own risk.

You have been Warned!

Spoiler

#6 Link127

Link127

I did it!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:39 PM

went for no reason, they didnt even have the demo!

Link127.png

#7 pittsnoggle

pittsnoggle

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:39 PM

my gamestop told me they were out of the preorder posters so i cancelled my preorder from a few weeks ago might just save up for the cheaper xbone now

#8 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:45 PM

odd, I was at my GS just a couple hours ago and there was no sign of this.  Might go back and ask tomorrow.

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#9 DRV

DRV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:49 PM

my gamestop told me they were out of the preorder posters so i cancelled my preorder from a few weeks ago might just save up for the cheaper xbone now

You cancelled your pre-order for one of the best games of the year because they wouldn't give you a piece of paper you can print off the internet?

Danreb R. Victorio
Senior Editor, SmashPad
http://www.smashpad.com

#10 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:50 PM

That's what I was told the other day as well. Did anyone get to take home a poster today? Maybe we are just misinterpreting that Gamestop promotion.

well everything I found on it have said during the demo get the poster when you pre-order for example:

"Those who show up at the dealership for the test drive and decide to pre-order the game will receive a double-sided poster." http://www.joystiq.c...p-this-weekend/

odd, I was at my GS just a couple hours ago and there was no sign of this.  Might go back and ask tomorrow.

what time did you go? The Demo is only from 12 Noon to 4pm both days. And it Select GameStop. At the Top of The Op is the link to check which stores participating

#11 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:21 PM

well everything I found on it have said during the demo get the poster when you pre-order for example:
"Those who show up at the dealership for the test drive and decide to pre-order the game will receive a double-sided poster." http://www.joystiq.c...p-this-weekend/

what time did you go? The Demo is only from 12 Noon to 4pm both days. And it Select GameStop. At the Top of The Op is the link to check which stores participating

Maybe the author of the joystiq article misinterpreted the gamestop page as well. Did you recieve the poster today?

I'm going to check a couple stores after work.

You have been Warned!

Spoiler

#12 jfh2c

jfh2c

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:23 PM

I didn't see any posters at my location last night. The manager hooked me up with one of the giant window hangers for MK8 that they had taken down. It's pretty huge though, so I'm not even sure if I'll do anything with it.

I thought, like others here, that the poster was to be picked up when you get the game.

#13 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:32 PM

Was there about 1 PM.  No signage or anything indicating a demo.  And my store is participating according to that link.

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#14 DetectiveConanA113

DetectiveConanA113

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:38 PM

Went to three game stops (one yesterday), all were doing this demo event, and all were giving the posters out to people who pre-ordered that day (I didn't get one but I did ask).
I just happened to be in the area of all these gamestops, & the guys working there chatted with me about it.

I guess it depends on what the GameStop shop feels like doing. Sorry for all your bad experiences. :/

#15 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:52 PM

My gamestop was on the list. They didn't have the posters or the game out to play. I don't really feel like checkng anymore stores. I already have $56 down on the game of the store I checked.

I know I sound like an entited brat, but I'm going to buy from Best Buy if my gamestop doesn't have the poster when I go to pick up the game. I'd rather get a poster than the bb gcu 20% off and $10 gas card. But if they don't have the poster advertised, I'll take my business to best buy. I almost never buy $59.99 games, so I might as well take advantage of the gcu membership I paid for.

You have been Warned!

Spoiler

#16 TheCochese

TheCochese

I make things out of wood

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:58 PM

A poster. Wow.

#17 guessed

guessed

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:31 PM

My gamestop was on the list. They didn't have the posters or the game out to play. I don't really feel like checkng anymore stores. I already have $56 down on the game of the store I checked.

I know I sound like an entited brat, but I'm going to buy from Best Buy if my gamestop doesn't have the poster when I go to pick up the game. I'd rather get a poster than the bb gcu 20% off and $10 gas card. But if they don't have the poster advertised, I'll take my business to best buy. I almost never buy $59.99 games, so I might as well take advantage of the gcu membership I paid for.

I know collectors are unpredictable, but the poster definitely wouldn't be worth $22 to me.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#18 tim_pkmn89

tim_pkmn89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:37 PM

Gamestop.com's Mario Kart 8 page used to say poster on pre-order, now it says poster on pick-up. I'd imagine to make the issue of who got the poster already easier since plenty have already pre-ordered.

#19 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:57 PM

Did the people who went to the stores actually go to the Wii U demo station that is always at GameStop? Both of my stores at the mall (yeah our mall has two GameStops) were on the listing. There wasn't any particular advertising though. All you did was go to the Wii U, search the demos and choose Mario Kart.

As for the poster, I asked when preordering and she said they didn't get any posters and that it's typically during pick up. I think it really depends on the person working and the store. I've preordered several games before release and have gotten the poster before pick up (Destiny, Cod, etc).

#20 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:12 PM

I know collectors are unpredictable, but the poster definitely wouldn't be worth $22 to me.

I definitely agree with you and understand your point. You're correct. But I don't mind paying extra for this. Before I type this I realize I'm already over thinking this too much, but its about $3.50 less than that for my situation. I have to pay tax with my BB giftcard but I don't have to pay tax with my GS gift card. Also, I don't really care about the gas card too much, but it's definitely better than no bonus at all. If the poster turns out to be like 11" long though, I'm truly a dumbass. 

Gamestop.com's Mario Kart 8 page used to say poster on pre-order, now it says poster on pick-up. I'd imagine to make the issue of who got the poster already easier since plenty have already pre-ordered.

Okay, that makes more sense. I'm cool with that. It's probably better for GS to do it that way. I have put $5 down on COD before just for the poster, but then I'd buy the game at BB to get the rewardzone certificate.

You have been Warned!

Spoiler

#21 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:15 PM

Did the people who went to the stores actually go to the Wii U demo station that is always at GameStop? Both of my stores at the mall (yeah our mall has two GameStops) were on the listing. There wasn't any particular advertising though. All you did was go to the Wii U, search the demos and choose Mario Kart.

As for the poster, I asked when preordering and she said they didn't get any posters and that it's typically during pick up. I think it really depends on the person working and the store. I've preordered several games before release and have gotten the poster before pick up (Destiny, Cod, etc).

Lol, there were kids playing it at my store, but they weren't playing Mario Kart. I didn't know there was demo selection screen. Oh well. I can wait a couple more weeks. It would be cool to check it out, but I don't need to play the demo to know I want this game.

You have been Warned!

Spoiler

#22 nextisland

nextisland

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:33 PM

I definitely agree with you and understand your point. You're correct. But I don't mind paying extra for this. Before I type this I realize I'm already over thinking this too much, but its about $3.50 less than that for my situation. I have to pay tax with my BB giftcard but I don't have to pay tax with my GS gift card. Also, I don't really care about the gas card too much, but it's definitely better than no bonus at all. If the poster turns out to be like 11" long though, I'm truly a dumbass.

Okay, that makes more sense. I'm cool with that. It's probably better for GS to do it that way. I have put $5 down on COD before just for the poster, but then I'd buy the game at BB to get the rewardzone certificate.

how is a poster better than a gas card? unless you don't have a car. You're a silly goose very silly

#23 qualityman13

qualityman13

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:34 PM

I got to play it for awhile this morning since the store I went to was not busy, the graphics are great and the level design is awesome. The gameplay was good but I think the demo was set on easy or 50cc mode, since I was in first for most of the race. The races were only two laps which I am hoping that is only for the demo. But I am very happy I bought a wii u.
Want 20% off games at Best Buy? Click here. http://www.cheapassg...t-buy-discount/
Free Amazon Prime For 3 Months (Enjoy Free Two day Shipping)
http://www.amazon.co...ef_type=generic

#24 DetectiveConanA113

DetectiveConanA113

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:45 PM

I talked about that with the employees at the first game stop I went to. I am a VERY weak mario kart player. I really suck. Yet I got 1st place on all courses all but a few times (the few times being when things during the race just weren't going my way).
Noticed the same thing at other demo events for this game.
I heard a review say this will be the easiest mario kart by far so the majority of the fun will be playing online. Which is fine for me. The game is still beautiful & for once I'll be able to unlock everything without a lot of trouble lol.

#25 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:49 PM

how is a poster better than a gas card? unless you don't have a car. You're a silly goose very silly

Im a silly goose then.

You have been Warned!

Spoiler

#26 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:55 PM

Played it. Can't wait for the 30th. I really hope this moves some Wii U's. The system is quite good. 

#27 whodoneit

whodoneit

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:18 AM

looks like ill be playing my wii u for the first time this year. the demo was good. it didn't blow me away, but it was enough to get my $60. 

#28 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:52 AM

my son played it a hour ago

10294350_10152801985007656_8238170526786

Gator%20Deve%2086.jpg

Currently Playing:

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8

#29 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:56 AM

my son played it a hour ago
10294350_10152801985007656_8238170526786

Yo your son sucks at Mario Kart.
Posted Image

#30 Explicit

Explicit

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:26 AM

I got to play it for awhile this morning since the store I went to was not busy, the graphics are great and the level design is awesome. The gameplay was good but I think the demo was set on easy or 50cc mode, since I was in first for most of the race. The races were only two laps which I am hoping that is only for the demo. But I am very happy I bought a wii u.

That's just the demo. Normal gameplay is 3 laps as it has always been and it must be on 50cc. I've been reading 150cc is still a pain in the ass as it has always been.

PSN ID: Xplicit84

Xbox Live: Explicit84

NNID: Explicit

3DS Friend Codes: 4484-9799-5674 - ACNL Boxden

1693-1437-8788 - ACNL Yolovile

1719-3521-7445 - All other 3DS games