Gears of War 360 controller $35.99 via Ebay

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

Feel The Pain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:23 PM

Taken out of the Gears console bundle, so new, but no packaging.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item233ab1a022

I bought one and it is in fact brand new w/o packaging. It came with the cellophane wrap on the controller and 2 new batteries. It was obviously just ripped out of the Gears 360 and shipped out

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13.png

ORGAN1ZAT10N+13.png

Buy/Sell/Trade List http://cheapassgamer...ad.php?t=277132

#2 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:38 PM

This is a good price on perhaps the best looking LE controller of that generation (for me it is a tie between this and the Halo 4 forerunner controller).

These were going for ~ $90 new (w/ packaging) not too long ago

#3 ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

Feel The Pain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:51 PM

The seller also has new w/packaging for $50

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2336299e71

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13.png

ORGAN1ZAT10N+13.png

#4 pittsnoggle

pittsnoggle

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:52 PM

Although I prefer my reach controller for looks the sticks on my others were getting looser so I picked one up. thanks op

#5 Naterrs

Naterrs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:02 PM

I don't know if I really need another controller (okay I don't), but it looks cool and I wanted another one with the transforming d pad. Thanks OP.

#6 Megamania

Megamania

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:05 PM

This seller is also on amazon

Bought a Used controller from him on there and it was new, lol.

:)

#7 Sanges99

Sanges99

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:13 AM

A WARNING: I bought a pair of these--1 retail from Target before they were OOP, and another months later off ebay just like this, taken from a console--they have the same fault, if you wave them around at the right angle or, dare I say, slam them down just right (not even with any force) the battery pak/charger pak instantly loses connection.

I found just the right amount of thin masking tape layers inside the frame where the battery pak/charger pak mostly fixes it but once in a while the problem still crops up.

I love the design--despite not being a huge GOW fan--and it's one of the only LE controllers with precision nubs on the analog sticks rather than having the smooth ones, which in my book is worth the inconvenience.

Posted Image

#8 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:03 AM

The above issue was more than just that; the controllers of this design are well known to just disconnect.  It's odd because it's an issue common to this model of controller.  I have one and never had it do this to me, but I also rarely use it.  If you have a (black) play and charge kit you could just use that to prevent the potential issue (I think).

There were also people who talked about the right trigger and/or right bumper just not working after a few weeks of play.  That's a big issue, especially for a game like Gears of War.

It looks and feels nice, but just be aware that it could have issues.

#9 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:11 AM

Despite having a transforming D-pad for the first time, I didn't like the feel of the gears controller.  I sold mine immediately after getting it.  (at a profit)

It seemed...squeaky.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#10 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:20 AM

It seemed...squeaky.

Yes!  Especially the right trigger.

#11 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:24 PM

A WARNING: I bought a pair of these--1 retail from Target before they were OOP, and another months later off ebay just like this, taken from a console--they have the same fault, if you wave them around at the right angle or, dare I say, slam them down just right (not even with any force) the battery pak/charger pak instantly loses connection.

I found just the right amount of thin masking tape layers inside the frame where the battery pak/charger pak mostly fixes it but once in a while the problem still crops up.

I love the design--despite not being a huge GOW fan--and it's one of the only LE controllers with precision nubs on the analog sticks rather than having the smooth ones, which in my book is worth the inconvenience.

The above issue was more than just that; the controllers of this design are well known to just disconnect.  It's odd because it's an issue common to this model of controller.  I have one and never had it do this to me, but I also rarely use it.  If you have a (black) play and charge kit you could just use that to prevent the potential issue (I think).

There were also people who talked about the right trigger and/or right bumper just not working after a few weeks of play.  That's a big issue, especially for a game like Gears of War.

It looks and feels nice, but just be aware that it could have issues.

I can also vouch for this. I bought the LE console. Both of the controllers that were packed in had this issue. I had to return them several times to BB to the point where they were getting pretty furious with me and I guess thought I was trying to scam them. I thought I had two working replacements but then realized a short time later one was still having the issue. I tried everything to try to resolve the issue but couldn't. I eventually called MS and they claimed they hadn't heard anything about the issue and I would have to pay to send the controller back to be repaired/replaced. I figured they would just test it and it would probably work fine for them and they would ship it back still broken so I said screw it.

Let's go O's!

#12 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:10 PM

I went in to gamestop with one of these due to right bumper not working. Guy at desk said he would give me $40 for it even after I told him about that. Which beat the GS trade in of like $32 (forget which promos were on at the time).

Although mine did last about 8 months before the bumper stopped working. Bought it originally cause it was an awesome design and the gun skins were going for $25+ on eBay.

He said he thought they would clearance out at stores and he never found one.

#13 Sanges99

Sanges99

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:08 PM

I took a shot of my mediocre "solution" to the battery pak disconnect issue:
image.jpg

Again, I still get the disconnection but after using these controllers since they're release--what, two to three years ago now?--and once I got the right amount of layering (the second go 'round I actually used too much tape and couldn't cram the the pak back in) I've only had it come up once every handful of months. :shrug: It is what it is.

And for what it's worth, I've never had any squeaking or failing issues with either of mine aside from the battery but it sounds like I'm in the minority there.

Posted Image

#14 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:54 PM

It's a controller design. It's just different paint on an already existing controller. It baffles me how a specific design has such a mechanical problem.

Let's go O's!

#15 sikboy1029

sikboy1029

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:28 PM

I took a shot of my mediocre "solution" to the battery pak disconnect issue:
attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Again, I still get the disconnection but after using these controllers since they're release--what, two to three years ago now?--and once I got the right amount of layering (the second go 'round I actually used too much tape and couldn't cram the the pak back in) I've only had it come up once every handful of months. :shrug: It is what it is.

And for what it's worth, I've never had any squeaking or failing issues with either of mine aside from the battery but it sounds like I'm in the minority there.

Dude you're over complicating it, all you have to do is use something like a small flat head screwdriver to bend the contact on the battery holder out just a tiny bit so it has good contact with the back of the controller...

#16 ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

Feel The Pain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:34 AM

You all must have gotten bad controllers of something because mine has never had this issue

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13.png

ORGAN1ZAT10N+13.png

#17 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:09 AM

i see people complaining about the battery pack, just wanted to mention these controllers just seem kinda defective in general. I had the GOW console and had to exchange them like 4 times at BBY like someone else says they did. I didn't have the battery pack issue, but i had issues with stuff like the right stick sticking and leaving the target floating on screen, the d-pad not registering diagonal presses, and a trigger making a loud creaking noise and not being very responsive. 

Seems these controllers are just kinda crap. SOmeone mentioned this model in general sucked. Are there other designs with this model that should be avoided?

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#18 crash13

crash13

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:14 AM

I never had any problems with either of my GOW3 controllers. Weird.

#19 Jaashuaa

Jaashuaa

Jeep! Jeep!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:59 PM

I still use my gow controller to this day, problem free.

518815.png

#20 fifamaniac

fifamaniac

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:37 PM

Nice find. eBay <3

sml_gallery_18390_7189_9717.jpg

#21 ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

Feel The Pain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:04 PM

They also have used ones for $28.95. Hurry though, there are only 5 left in stock

http://www.ebay.com/...=item233c03996d

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13.png

ORGAN1ZAT10N+13.png