• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:50 PM

http://www.rakuten.c...vrXsMpj2uAAKfHw

Well I had 2 of these break on me after getting it for $99 at Best Buy but it's a really great monitor. Get an extended warranty!

ITS%20DAT%20DAM%20KID.png

#2 gueeds

gueeds

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:05 AM

If these things had better quality control, I'd get one. Don't want to bother with getting it replaced.

#3 ZombiesWorld

ZombiesWorld

Would you kindly?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:44 AM

I bought 2 of these a couple years ago on Black Friday when Best Buy had them for $99 and they both still work perfect. My sister and I both use them for gaming, so they've been used quite a bit. Apparently I'm one of the lucky few.
Zombies%20World.jpg
fss_overall.png

8-) A CAG that plays his games 8-)

#4 madportagee

madportagee

Go for the Gold

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:51 AM

I had one for 3 days before it broke and then returned it and the next one sadly broke after 6 months.  

#5 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:53 AM

Wouldn't recommend getting refurbished with how poor the quality on these things will be. It'll be more of a hassle having it break constantly, and even with a warranty you'll be sending it back and forth.

663892.png?17663317

#6 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:54 AM

Will one of these work with an Xbox One without any issues?

#7 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:30 AM

Will one of these work with an Xbox One without any issues?

Probably not.

default.png2.png

#8 iwannadie

iwannadie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:42 AM

I've had mine for several years with zero issues and I use it a lot. I keep hoping a batch of new stock will show up at around this price. It is a great monitor and has been great playing and watching 3d in the bedroom. My only complaint is that the speakers are very lacking but considering the size and cost its not a big deal. 

Posted Image

#9 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:48 AM

Probably not.

I forgot to mention "if the device works properly" :P

#10 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:07 AM

I'm using mine for my gaming PC monitor.  It has a small cluster of dead pixels somewhat near the middle of the screen, but other than that it has worked perfectly since I got it when Gamestop had them for $200.

MjC

#11 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:25 AM

i too got mine on that black friday and its worked perfectly. its an amazing display and my ps4 games look great on it !!! i always unplug mine when im not using it
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#12 EdLin

EdLin

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:31 AM

I got mine on eBay for $140+$35S&H from a small seller about 10 months ago. I'm happy with it, asked a lot of questions about the HDMI reliability which is reportedly a problem on some of these. (Another seller gave fishy answers about needing to buy new cables to make that work right so I didn't buy it from him.)

I wouldn't want to get one "reconditioned", that sounds like a recipe for trouble - like getting a refurbished Xbox 360. (I did that once in 2009, had to return it for a refund when it RROD'd about 3 weeks later, I'm never making *that* mistake again.)

#13 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:00 PM

Mine's been working good for the past year and a half, minus the random blinking out on the video. The screen will go black for a second or two then kick back on like nothing happened, and it's pretty intermittent.
Posted Image

#14 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:24 PM

Mine from Best Buy still works great! Only problem is the headphone jack gives off quite a bit of white noise. I just use a grounder and it clears some of that up. Bought a warranty on Square Trade and if it dies anytime between now and Fall 2015, I'll be getting $180 back (since I bought it on sale, the $180 was the cost to buy a new one at the time).

#15 RoMee

RoMee

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:43 PM

Rakuten steals credit card information.

http://rakutenfraud....y/#.U3y7hfldWSo

#16 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2014 - 04:30 PM

Rakuten steals credit card information.

http://rakutenfraud....y/#.U3y7hfldWSo

They actually took mine. Not sure if it's still going on, but I refuse to shop there now.