New Wii U bundle owners, a question about updates

TPoppaPuff

CAGiversary!
Hello all,

I am wondering if the Mario Luigi U bundle still come with system update 1 installed? I bought a new Wii U off ebay and I suspect it's not so new. The firmware was at 4.0.0 or 4.0.1. I can't remember. Anyways I was going to call Nintendo support to find out but it's after hours and I figured people here would know better than their service reps.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
How long did that update take? Mine checked for an update and the whole process took less than a minute. Also suspicious was that there was no sleeve for the update process, Mario/Luigi U didn't have any sleeves in the box (though that just may be the case with that game), but also the console had the thin Styrofoam wrap on it, but none of the clear, plastic protective film over the front and back of the console (the kind that comes on all glossy electronics. I checked the unboxing videos online and while I've seen a couple without the Mario U sleeves inside the case but all of them have had the plastic film on the console.

Have I been duped? :( Maybe the worst thing is that if it is used and I have to return it is that I then can't trade in Mario U towards Mariokart 8 as Gamestop is giving 30% extra credit til June 2.

How long did that update take? Mine checked for an update and the whole process took less than a minute. Also suspicious was that there was no sleeve for the update process, Mario/Luigi U didn't have any sleeves in the box (though that just may be the case with that game), but also the console had the thin Styrofoam wrap on it, but none of the clear, plastic protective film over the front and back of the console (the kind that comes on all glossy electronics. I checked the unboxing videos online and while I've seen a couple without the Mario U sleeves inside the case but all of them have had the plastic film on the console.

Have I been duped? :( Maybe the worst thing is that if it is used and I have to return it is that I then can't trade in Mario U towards Mariokart 8 as Gamestop is giving 30% extra credit til June 2.
Mines took longer than a minute. Like around 20 mins on 32mb/s internet.

It's hard to say, but it looks like the plastic film isn't on the MK8 bundle either.

http://youtu.be/YMtWfulXRSQ
You're right, it doesn't.

Thanks to both for the response. Between this and the game's cases in unboxings coming with different Mario U cases, some being the "eco-friendly" ones or full plastic cases and some coming with or without the paper slips inside. I'm just going to assume at this point that Nintendo bundles are slapdash and terribly inconsistent, likely depending on what specific factory they come out of. Everything seems to work fine and at worst I should still be covered by Nintendo for at least a few months should anything happen.

Thanks again.

bread's done
Back