Defiance: Ultimate Edition (PS3) $14.97

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 redreflect

redreflect

I am the Wolf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:17 PM

Hi all, I saw that the Namco Bandai store has Defiance Ultimate Edition (the one with the BIG box) for PS3 for $14.97. This is the big box that includes the statue, messenger bag, art book, soundtrack, digital items, and more.

http://store.namcoba...00#.U4IjAyhAFco

I think that you have to have $25 on your order for free shipping otherwise it's outrageous. You can always throw in some t-shirts/toys to get your order to $25. See here: http://store.namcoba...goryID.55940600

And for the LOVE OF GOD can we please not turn this into a Digital River thread?

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#2 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:20 PM

And for the LOVE OF GOD can we please not turn this into a Digital River thread?

Sure, as soon as these companies stop using them. ;)

Not bad if you want the extra stuff otherwise.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#3 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:23 PM

I would get it but I read somewhere that it was going F2P in July I believe.

25jecz5.jpg Sig.Made by Kyuby

Check Out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....er/MetalMegaGio

Check Out My Trade List!

#4 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:38 PM

There are enough extras in that edition that make it WELL worth $15, even if it does go FTP.
The season pass alone is worth it.

I already have this on the 360, but for that price I am considering picking it up for the PS3 also.

#5 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:38 PM

well, it's always been buy to play. and this is the collectors edition.  this is nice for the season pass which has the dlc, and the other goodies.

there never was a subscription though, it was like guild wars.

#6 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:54 PM

there never was a subscription though, it was like guild wars.

Yeah but it's going free free in a week and a half: http://www.defiance....w/free-to-play/

If you're going to play the game it seems worth it to get a full copy for a couple dollars.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#7 metaphysicalstyles

metaphysicalstyles

Boo this man.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:43 PM

Just saw the standard edition at Five Below for $5.

Posted Imagehttp://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/neuroned%27Posted Image

#8 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Germany 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:33 PM

Just saw the standard edition at Five Below for $5.

System (s) and State you saw it in?

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Updated List- Come Buy My Stuff Cheap!

#9 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:44 PM

Does anyone have a free shipping code?

Man you people are cheap.

#10 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:59 PM

I ended up ordering two.
Really wanted to start playing this again on the 360 recently, but I was sorry I sold my season pass and extras, so I'll start over again on the PS3.
If I'm not mistaken, the 1200 bits that it comes with are about $20 on their own, so that more than makes up for the price.

Have no idea what I'm going to do with the second one. Either give it away, or try to sell off the bag and season pass.

#11 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:01 PM

I'm buying one of these for the bag.  It's a great bag for my laptop (already have one) and would love a back-up.

#12 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:05 PM

Man, I really wish this was for PC.  Even then, I'm still tempted to get it.  Pretty fun MMO. 

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#13 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:16 PM

I ended up ordering two.
Really wanted to start playing this again on the 360 recently, but I was sorry I sold my season pass and extras, so I'll start over again on the PS3.
If I'm not mistaken, the 1200 bits that it comes with are about $20 on their own, so that more than makes up for the price.

Have no idea what I'm going to do with the second one. Either give it away, or try to sell off the bag and season pass.

might look to amazon for the 2nd one TIV is $21.58

#14 chingychink

chingychink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:37 PM

Thanks, been wanting this to go along with my Infamous bag.

#15 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:40 PM

Yeah but it's going free free in a week and a half: http://www.defiance....w/free-to-play/

If you're going to play the game it seems worth it to get a full copy for a couple dollars.

Aaaaaaaaaagreed! The game is pretty fun, and the shooting mechanics are fantastic. If you haven't purchased the game already, the complete copy with all the DLCs is a worthy consideration. And you'll need some of the DLCs in order to procure a couple of weapons to be competitive in the Player vs Player modes anyway.
<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#16 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:52 PM

Please buy this because you want it and not because you plan on reselling it. There is NO resale value... there is NO interest in this game. People are having a difficult time selling these for $40. How much do you think it'll cost to ship the large box?

#17 Earthbound_X

Earthbound_X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:27 PM

Damn, wish the 360 version wasn't out of stock.

#18 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:38 PM

damn i wished i waited i pick this up for 20 at GS when it was on clearance, regardless the bag it comes with is pretty sweet. 

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#19 metaphysicalstyles

metaphysicalstyles

Boo this man.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:57 PM

System (s) and State you saw it in?

Oops, sorry. PS3 in VA.

Posted Imagehttp://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/neuroned%27Posted Image

#20 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:08 PM

I am interested in a season pass for this game. will anyone sell/trade me one? Thanks.

Posted Image

#21 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:10 PM

might look to amazon for the 2nd one TIV is $21.58

Thanks for the heads up ritchardf, hadn't thought of that.
Amazon is the perfect option because they give $21.58 for the COLLECTOR'S Edition, so that means I can still try to sell the bag separately. May end up getting the first one for nothing. And the CE is a smaller, more manageable package that comes inside of the UE, so I won't have to worry about shipping that giant box.

BTW, for anyone looking to piece this out, just a heads up, the digital items are all one single code. So it isn't like you can keep the bits and sell the season pass. It's all or nothing.

#22 NSpectreGarrus

NSpectreGarrus

CAGosaurus Rex!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:25 PM

Amazon is the perfect option because they give $21.58 for the COLLECTOR'S Edition, so that means I can still try to sell the bag separately. May end up getting the first one for nothing. And the CE is a smaller, more manageable package that comes inside of the UE, so I won't have to worry about shipping that giant box.

BTW, for anyone looking to piece this out, just a heads up, the digital items are all one single code. So it isn't like you can keep the bits and sell the season pass. It's all or nothing.

You sound pretty confident in this, so I'm gonna trust you and buy two just to get free shipping.  Thanks for the tip!

631840.png

#23 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:36 PM

Went to buy one and it sold out while i was trying to check out.  Anyone want to sell me one of theirs for $15 :)

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#24 clawfrombelow

clawfrombelow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:23 AM

Wish I didn't miss out on this. Definitely would have snagged one.

#25 laundrymatt

laundrymatt

Guilty until proven innocent; US law.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:44 AM

Damn I so would have gotten one of these. Stupid me, playing the games I buy and missing out on buying more.

Wren is a totally normal person. Thats what we let him think, anyways.

Reminder to self: Borderlands PreSequel Group: Complete; R:Me(host),Shig, P:ProfStotch,BluBlue; Oct14 P#2032

laundrymatt77.png

"There's no law against stupid, I'm the one guy who says don't force stupid people to be quiet. I want to know who the morons are." - Mark Cuban

#26 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:08 AM

i locked in one as acceptable and one as good, because i didnt know what the packaging was, but if the collector's edition is basically inside the ultimate edition, that is even better. the acceptable value is $16.xx

#27 redrum666

redrum666

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:08 PM

gamestop has Defiance Ultimate Edition for $7.99 for PC PS3 and XBOX360 

http://www.gamestop....e Edition,28zu0

#28 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:12 PM

i locked in one as acceptable and one as good, because i didnt know what the packaging was, but if the collector's edition is basically inside the ultimate edition, that is even better. the acceptable value is $16.xx

That's exactly how it comes,
And if I remember correctly, the CE is sealed. Which made me a little worried when I went to sell my code for all the extras, that they messed up and only put the Collector's Edition code and not the Ultimate code. But it was the correct one.

Really looking to get back into this game, it isn't the best game, but I was certainly enjoying it on the 360 quite a bit. I was sorry I sold off the season pass and extras. I still get emails every now and then about all the new things they've added to the game. They have really kept up on it.

Word of warning though,
I had to download a HUGE patch before I could get started, and I mean HUGE. It took me a full day on my slow Internet service, before I could get going. So you may want to keep that in mind.
Thought about getting a used copy from GameStop, just to start the download and then return it, but Watch Dogs is coming on Tuesday, so that will keep me busy.

#29 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:18 PM

I tried to order this yesterday for ps3 but nothing would add to the cart. Wonder if it was because I was ordering on my iPhone? Either or, I wasn't able to order one.

For the people who ordered 2 to get free shipping. Would anyone be interested in selling me your extra instead of trading it in? Looking for a ps3 version.
SYSTEMS: Gameboy | Game gear | PS2 | N64 | Gamecube | 3DS | 3DS XL | (2) Pikachu 3DS XL | Neo Geo Gold | PSP Go | PSP Vita | Wii | WiiU | X360 | PS3

#30 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:09 AM

Anyone actually have this show up in their order history? I ordered one yesterday afternoon, and paid with PayPal. Shows up on my PayPal account, but nothing in my order history on the Namco site. That seems like a bad sign.