Defiance: Ultimate Edition (PS3) $14.97

ApathyAndFlow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hi all, I saw that the Namco Bandai store has Defiance Ultimate Edition (the one with the BIG box) for PS3 for $14.97. This is the big box that includes the statue, messenger bag, art book, soundtrack, digital items, and more.

http://store.namcobandaigames.com/store/namcous/en_US/pd/ThemeID.24355600/productID.298690200#.U4IjAyhAFco

I think that you have to have $25 on your order for free shipping otherwise it's outrageous. You can always throw in some t-shirts/toys to get your order to $25. See here: http://store.namcobandaigames.com/store/namcous/en_US/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/ThemeID.24355600/categoryID.55940600

And for the LOVE OF GOD can we please not turn this into a Digital River thread?

I would get it but I read somewhere that it was going F2P in July I believe.
There are enough extras in that edition that make it WELL worth $15, even if it does go FTP.
The season pass alone is worth it.

I already have this on the 360, but for that price I am considering picking it up for the PS3 also.

I would get it but I read somewhere that it was going F2P in July I believe.
well, it's always been buy to play. and this is the collectors edition. this is nice for the season pass which has the dlc, and the other goodies.

there never was a subscription though, it was like guild wars.

I ended up ordering two.
Really wanted to start playing this again on the 360 recently, but I was sorry I sold my season pass and extras, so I'll start over again on the PS3.
If I'm not mistaken, the 1200 bits that it comes with are about $20 on their own, so that more than makes up for the price.

Have no idea what I'm going to do with the second one. Either give it away, or try to sell off the bag and season pass.

I ended up ordering two.
Really wanted to start playing this again on the 360 recently, but I was sorry I sold my season pass and extras, so I'll start over again on the PS3.
If I'm not mistaken, the 1200 bits that it comes with are about $20 on their own, so that more than makes up for the price.

Have no idea what I'm going to do with the second one. Either give it away, or try to sell off the bag and season pass.
might look to amazon for the 2nd one TIV is $21.58

Yeah but it's going free free in a week and a half: http://www.defiance.com/en/game/overview/free-to-play/

If you're going to play the game it seems worth it to get a full copy for a couple dollars.
Aaaaaaaaaagreed! The game is pretty fun, and the shooting mechanics are fantastic. If you haven't purchased the game already, the complete copy with all the DLCs is a worthy consideration. And you'll need some of the DLCs in order to procure a couple of weapons to be competitive in the Player vs Player modes anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please buy this because you want it and not because you plan on reselling it. There is NO resale value... there is NO interest in this game. People are having a difficult time selling these for $40. How much do you think it'll cost to ship the large box?

damn i wished i waited i pick this up for 20 at GS when it was on clearance, regardless the bag it comes with is pretty sweet. 

might look to amazon for the 2nd one TIV is $21.58
Thanks for the heads up ritchardf, hadn't thought of that.
Amazon is the perfect option because they give $21.58 for the COLLECTOR'S Edition, so that means I can still try to sell the bag separately. May end up getting the first one for nothing. And the CE is a smaller, more manageable package that comes inside of the UE, so I won't have to worry about shipping that giant box.

BTW, for anyone looking to piece this out, just a heads up, the digital items are all one single code. So it isn't like you can keep the bits and sell the season pass. It's all or nothing.

Amazon is the perfect option because they give $21.58 for the COLLECTOR'S Edition, so that means I can still try to sell the bag separately. May end up getting the first one for nothing. And the CE is a smaller, more manageable package that comes inside of the UE, so I won't have to worry about shipping that giant box.

BTW, for anyone looking to piece this out, just a heads up, the digital items are all one single code. So it isn't like you can keep the bits and sell the season pass. It's all or nothing.
You sound pretty confident in this, so I'm gonna trust you and buy two just to get free shipping. Thanks for the tip!

Went to buy one and it sold out while i was trying to check out.  Anyone want to sell me one of theirs for $15 :)

i locked in one as acceptable and one as good, because i didnt know what the packaging was, but if the collector's edition is basically inside the ultimate edition, that is even better. the acceptable value is $16.xx

i locked in one as acceptable and one as good, because i didnt know what the packaging was, but if the collector's edition is basically inside the ultimate edition, that is even better. the acceptable value is $16.xx
That's exactly how it comes,
And if I remember correctly, the CE is sealed. Which made me a little worried when I went to sell my code for all the extras, that they messed up and only put the Collector's Edition code and not the Ultimate code. But it was the correct one.

Really looking to get back into this game, it isn't the best game, but I was certainly enjoying it on the 360 quite a bit. I was sorry I sold off the season pass and extras. I still get emails every now and then about all the new things they've added to the game. They have really kept up on it.

Word of warning though,
I had to download a HUGE patch before I could get started, and I mean HUGE. It took me a full day on my slow Internet service, before I could get going. So you may want to keep that in mind.
Thought about getting a used copy from GameStop, just to start the download and then return it, but Watch Dogs is coming on Tuesday, so that will keep me busy.

I tried to order this yesterday for ps3 but nothing would add to the cart. Wonder if it was because I was ordering on my iPhone? Either or, I wasn't able to order one.

For the people who ordered 2 to get free shipping. Would anyone be interested in selling me your extra instead of trading it in? Looking for a ps3 version.

Anyone actually have this show up in their order history? I ordered one yesterday afternoon, and paid with PayPal. Shows up on my PayPal account, but nothing in my order history on the Namco site. That seems like a bad sign.

I got order conformation right away but took them two days to mark it shipped, on a postive note tho, free shipping is only going to take three days and on boxes this big they must have lost money just shipping them to me.

I got order conformation right away but took them two days to mark it shipped, on a postive note tho, free shipping is only going to take three days and on boxes this big they must have lost money just shipping them to me.
Where does it say that it's been shipped? Namco.com makes it hella hard to navigate and look anything up, I checked paypal, no shipping confirmation yet on receipt. Just the paypal receipt and Namco.com order confirmation in my email, anybody wanna enlighten me. First time ordering anything from digital river, people have got me worried.

you get a separate email once it ships and the namco site wont update your order's progress till after that so making an account with the namco store is pointless

Got my shipping email today also, should be here Friday.
Was getting a little concerned, so I was glad to get it finally...and I was surprised it would be here so quickly.

Also was worried about my Microsoft Store orders, but just got those emails today as well.

if you register before june the code you get from this, you get alot of ingame swag as well, froom month of prem membership, ingame money, ect ect

Picking up an $8 pc copy from gamestop today, because why the hell not?

Also, can you trade items/money in-game?

im trying to figure out my tracking numbers. i have 2 packages with different tracking numbers, each of them says they contain 2 packages, and they each say they weigh 9 pounds. i ordered two but i cant figure out if they shipped them in separate packages or what. do these things weight 9 pounds a piece?

Shipping info finally updated, and I am not getting mine until Thursday. Will the game stuff even be useful by then?
it says you have to lock in by june 4th to get the "owners rewards" but the game isnt actually free to play on ps3 til july 15th and tbd for xbox 360. but i think you still will get all that dlc. it should still be good

Just as a warning to you guys, the PS3 version has a serious memory leak issue and it's not uncommon for your PS3 to hardfreeze after about 15 minutes of playtime. Pretty much the main reason I ended up quitting the game.

bread's done
Back