PDP Trigger Grips for PS Vita $11.99 at Best Buy and Amazon (MSRP 14.99)

chimpmeister

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
PDP Trigger Grips for PS Vita are on "clearance" at my local BB for $11.99 (also listed online for that price). MSRP is 14.99.  These are good grips for the "phat" Vita to make it more comfortable to hold for longer periods of time.

Best Buy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pdp-trigger-grips-for-ps-vita/5071641.p?id=1218609331983&skuId=5071641&st=vita%20trigger&cp=1&lp=1

Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/PSVita-Trigger-Grips-Sony-PS-Vita/dp/B0072A4JVW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401055984&sr=8-1&keywords=pdp+trigger

Last edited by a moderator:
I used these for a bit and they're not bad but not great either.  They don't give you quite as much extra grip as you would expect and the triggers don't feel like you would expect but help push the shoulder buttons more consistently.  Overall it's easy to get on and off, feels relatively solid and is an upgrade (if not a huge one) to how it feels in the hand.

For me the grip wasnt substantial enough, everyone is different, but i returned mine and got the batterang shape grip.

For me the grip wasnt substantial enough, everyone is different, but i returned my and got the batterang shape grip.
That was ultimately why I returned mine as well. Wasn't enough of an upgrade to make it worth not being able to slip into my pocket.

Ordered these from gohastings earlier this week.

Best part about them is that you can access the Vita's charge port without having to remove the grip. For those of you with a Vita, you understand how fast that battery can run down and how much of a pain in the ass it is to have to put on and off a case just to charge the thing. 

The triggers are also really nice after a littlle modification. Glued some felt padding on the inside of the trigger compartments to protect the Vita triggers when the grip trigger plastic makes contact with them. Fits like a glove now.

Another awesome thing about this grip is that the back triggers allow the Vita to rest nicely on a table. Also for those with a Wii U, this grip works pretty well placed on top of the gamepad stand.

Overall this grip is much better than the Batman style grip I also have (unable to access the charge port, doesn't rest nicely on a table or stand). 

I'd like to see the other grip being mentioned here, but I like this one. It helps keep my hands from accidentally hitting the back touchpad in killzone.

Been wanting to get one but too many ppl complain that it causes Hori full cover screen protectors to develop air bubbles around the edges where the grip attaches on to and causes the protector to start lifting from the screen.

Nice deal, but I need the grips that fit the Vita Slim. They come out this Tuesday. I currently have the other PDP Grip, and they just don't fit right.

Ordered these from gohastings earlier this week.

Best part about them is that you can access the Vita's charge port without having to remove the grip. For those of you with a Vita, you understand how fast that battery can run down and how much of a pain in the ass it is to have to put on and off a case just to charge the thing.

The triggers are also really nice after a littlle modification. Glued some felt padding on the inside of the trigger compartments to protect the Vita triggers when the grip trigger plastic makes contact with them. Fits like a glove now.

Another awesome thing about this grip is that the back triggers allow the Vita to rest nicely on a table. Also for those with a Wii U, this grip works pretty well placed on top of the gamepad stand.

Overall this grip is much better than the Batman style grip I also have (unable to access the charge port, doesn't rest nicely on a table or stand).
That's a great tip about using the felt around the PDP grip triggers (inside the frame), I'll have to try that out. I have one set of these grips for one of my two Vitas, and I like the way it changes the feel of the system to be more comfortable. Before I had it, my hands would cramp up (especially on games like Terraria, which has lots of button/joystick activity).

I did have a slight issue with my grip, the Vita tended to try to "pop out" from the grip around the bottom right area, because apparently the grip just didn't quite fit tight enough. I wedged a small sliver of wood (from a toothpick) between the top right area, between the grip frame and the Vita, and it made the bottom right area fit snugly.

The Best Buy tag in the store (and online) said "Clearance" for this, so most likely they are getting rid of these in anticipation of the Slim Vita (which these don't fit).

These grips are pretty good for the price, although be aware if you play a lot of local mutliplayer.  The grip weakens the signal and you'll get constant drops and/or connection problems.

I own these and hate them. They are incredibly unnatural to hold around your palms at the bottom. The other brand that doesn't actually give you triggers but has longer handles is infinitely better.

I was excited to try these, but ended up returning them. My issue was that the grips made it so that the your hand sit lower than they normally would on the VITA.  It just felt wrong to me and it fatigued my hands in a way that doesn't happen when I just use the VITA as is.  I'm sure it feels comfortable to some, but it didn't to me.  

I use these sometimes for longer stints of gaming but the Vita without them is pretty damn comfortable. Just after 30min or so I might get some hand cramping and the grips help with that.

Yeah, the Nyko Power Grip receives good ratings, so I'm leaning towards that. Also, it apparently doubles your battery life as well, so seems like a really useful device. The main negative I hear is that it blocks the cartridge slot when in use...

bread's done
Back