Best Buy GCU Now Stacking with Watch Dogs $20 off Additional Games Offer

Lumas101

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
Yesterday, if you added one or more of the select games to your Watch Dogs order it would only take off the $20 discount. Today, GCU is stacking. The $20 comes off first, but it still saves you an additional $4-8, depending on the game.

This actually isn't half bad. I didn't know you could get the $20 discount multiple times. My order would be Watch_Dogs at $48 and KZ at $16, then thinking about Drakengard for $24 as well. Decisions. Also, still get the $10 kickback from Watch_Dogs as well. Add on the Guide discounts and Plus discounts as well for Watch_Dogs purchase if those are decent, and we got us a real shitstorm brewin here Randy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP, wasn't planning on looking back in the BB ad thread. I just preordered last night but I'll cancel and rebuy with Drakengard 3 if that game is worth $24. So is it worth $24 lol?

Thanks OP, wasn't planning on looking back in the BB ad thread. I just preordered last night but I'll cancel and rebuy with Drakengard 3 if that game is worth $24. So is it worth $24 lol?
No clue, same reason I wasn't sure of getting it. But it does trade right back in to BB for $27.20 right now, but not sure how long the 50% lasts. TiV/resale should be OK on it for a while though since it's pretty new.

The hardcover guide doesn't come up $11 anymore, comes up $20.
Don't need any of the games that work with this deal, and really want the HC Guide, so I'm sticking with my original order

Thanks op! was able to get WatchDogs preordered with the free $10 rz cert, NBA2k14, and Killzone for ps4 for under $100. subtract my previous $10 rz cert and $63 gift card...I paid $30 for everything!

The hardcover guide doesn't come up $11 anymore, comes up $20.
Don't need any of the games that work with this deal, and really want the HC Guide, so I'm sticking with my original order
I'm in the same boat, but I had my original order set to in-store pick-up and I'll bet that there'll be enough confusion re: the Sunday ad that I'll be able to get at least the $20 off a second game if not $20+GCU with a manager override. YMMV.

drakengard got some bad reviews across the board. i read quite a few, seems like this will be a $15 title in just a few short months. Perhaps by then there will be patches to correct the flaws.

Infamous, Killzone and Watchdogs for $97.xx plus $10 in RZ certs plus 10% back for using a BB RZ Credit Card is a really good deal

Woo-hoo thanks OP!  The $20 off multiple games must be a glitch [I'm willing to bet it won't work that way in-store].  Took Watchdogs, killzone, and Drakenguard.  Now to hop in my time machine to last Sunday and the target triple trade-in!!

I got emails/texts and my status shows ready for pickup for watch dogs. Does anyone know if I can actually go now to pick it up?

Actually the email says pickup tomorrow but everything else says i can do it now. I guess if i go i wont be able to get it today.

[quote name="x360x" post="11789851" timestamp="1401113435"]I got emails/texts and my status shows ready for pickup for watch dogs. Does anyone know if I can actually go now to pick it up?[/quote]

Go for it man, worth a shot. 👍

I got emails/texts and my status shows ready for pickup for watch dogs. Does anyone know if I can actually go now to pick it up?

Actually the email says pickup tomorrow but everything else says i can do it now. I guess if i go i wont be able to get it today.
Very doubtful. I always get emails the day before I can pick up my preorder, but they specifically state "Good news. Your order will be ready for pickup on [tomorrow's date]."

What game to pair with Watch Dogs....suggestions? I am leaning toward Killzone since I already beat Infamous but infamous has a better TIV....

I'm so over it. I already preordered last night. I'll wait for Infamous to go on sale. I suppose it's better this way. I still have quite a backlog on 360.

anyone else having trouble checking out? can't get past CC authorization...trying to use the $5 code from wolfenstein too

What game to pair with Watch Dogs....suggestions? I am leaning toward Killzone since I already beat Infamous but infamous has a better TIV....
Buy both... the discount stacks on multiple games in the same order.

Also neither campaign is very long so if you want to trade them back in you should be able to do so rather quickly.

Woo-hoo thanks OP! The $20 off multiple games must be a glitch [I'm willing to bet it won't work that way in-store]. Took Watchdogs, killzone, and Drakenguard. Now to hop in my time machine to last Sunday and the target triple trade-in!!
the offer page seems to indicate you could buy them all and get $20 off each one

Save $20 on Select Games when you buy Watch Dogs
Use the city of Chicago as your ultimate weapon and exact your own style of revenge in Watch Dogs.

Save $20 on any, or all, of the games below when you buy Watch Dogs. Plus free shipping.

Ok I'm sold on GCU and will become a member today.  Do I need to sign up in store?  And can I do this deal online for in-store pickup or deliver to my house?

Weird, GTA V is 54.99 but it shows up as $31.99 which is the discounted price for the $59.99 games with $20 off and GCU. 

Oh well picking up infamous and Killzone for sure. Mulling on Drakengard/Dark Souls 2.

[quote name="lilbuddy" post="11789925" timestamp="1401116284"]My wife is going to flip when she sees the CC statements after this deal and the Microsoft store deal...#FML[/quote]

Lol, sell some things on Craigslist and put the money back. Happy Wife, happy life, happy gamer.😎

Is the $10 gift card with Pre-Order still valid ? its not showing up on the checkout page anywhere. I have never done one of these online so not sure how it should look. 

Only thing making me hesitant to buy watch dogs is I'd be getting the ps3 version and seeing how wolfenstein ps3 trades for $1 at BBY not sure if watch dogs is worth the risk

Is the $10 gift card with Pre-Order still valid ? its not showing up on the checkout page anywhere. I have never done one of these online so not sure how it should look.
$10 reward points don't ever show on checkout. They magically appear on your reward zone account.

Only thing making me hesitant to buy watch dogs is I'd be getting the ps3 version and seeing how wolfenstein ps3 trades for $1 at BBY not sure if watch dogs is worth the risk
Thats likely just a glitch gone untouched. Although the PS3 versions probably would drop faster than PS4.

Woo-hoo thanks OP! The $20 off multiple games must be a glitch [I'm willing to bet it won't work that way in-store]. Took Watchdogs, killzone, and Drakenguard. Now to hop in my time machine to last Sunday and the target triple trade-in!!
"Then, select as many games as you want and save." If you're talking about the $20 off it says you can get all the games and $20 off each.

Edit- The $20 off is ignoring that some of the titles like NBA 2K14 PS4 and GTAV PS3 are $5 off already.

I all ready had Watch Dogs pre-ordered, think I'm going to try and get them to add the ps plus and maybe Killzone without killing my $10 RZ cert.  I'll also pay with my BB CC to try and get that extra 10% in points.  Not sure about jumping on GCU just yet.

Huh. I preordered Watch Dogs from Kmart.com for $39.99+$20 back in points after $20 off coupon (and it already shipped), and this deal still looks good. :whistle2:k

Huh. I preordered Watch Dogs from Kmart.com for $39.99+$20 back in points after $20 off coupon (and it already shipped), and this deal still looks good. :whistle2:k
I missed out on the $20 back and going to pay $10 with $10 back ($40 in points and $10 off coupon) and think this is OK but either Kmart deal is better unless you were specifically about to buy one of those games anyway.

Looks like my store may be having a midnite release, thats a first here.  How does that work? Is the entire store open or just the service desk, because I want to pick up the game and a couple other things while there.

Thanks

Boy did I misunderstand the deal. I thought Watch Dogs was one of several games on a cheap pickup list. Didn't realize I had to buy Watch Dogs to get the discount on the games I actually wanted. Not really worth trying to sell the game just to get the others at a discount. Thanks anyway OP, but I guess I don't need inFamous and Drakengard that badly.

I just got a call from my local best buy (they NEVER call...) and was told my copy of watch dogs is ready for pickup.... Time to go get it! Wish me luck!

I missed out on the $20 back and going to pay $10 with $10 back ($40 in points and $10 off coupon) and think this is OK but either Kmart deal is better unless you were specifically about to buy one of those games anyway.
Yeah, I'm just a sucker for deal-stacking. I'm happy with the Kmart.com order.

Looks like I'm passing on this deal. I have all pd the games on the list beside Drakengard, and I have no interest in it. Good thing that GCU finally kicked in.

Well this makes me feel better about tomorrow. Now. Do I just get infamous or do I also get killzone...hmm. I feel like my judgement is clouded by my lack of PS4 titles.

"Then, select as many games as you want and save." If you're talking about the $20 off it says you can get all the games and $20 off each.

Edit- The $20 off is ignoring that some of the titles like NBA 2K14 PS4 and GTAV PS3 are $5 off already.
I stand corrected! Please ignore my humble ignorance and go buy GAMES!!!

bread's done
Back