$14.99 3DS

Of course cheaper with GCU

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat248000050016

#2 myiamoto

myiamoto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:32 AM

I would've been tempted by this a few weeks ago, but not the week that Watchdogs and Mario Kart come out.

#3 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:31 AM

Might wanna edit the title that it is AMS 2.  The way it is some people might think it's AMS 1.  As for the deal, I still haven't even opened 1 yet so I think I'm going to pass.  Not too bad though if you actually really want it that is.

#4 daruler022

daruler022

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:55 AM

AMS...Amazing Man Spider? LMAO
Success ONLY comes before work in the Dictionary.

#5 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:44 AM

Meh. Not fond of this whole ps4 versions are now 10 dollars more even when it goes on sale

It's not like this game even looks nex gen, it just runs on ps4

#6 themon

themon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:05 PM

I'm not going to tell you again I wasn't spider man I was man spider

#7 plus1zero

plus1zero

Needs more CLANGA!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:07 PM

LOL! What is AMS2?

#8 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:27 PM

Anyone know if the 3DS version is just a port of the console version or if it is its' own game?

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#9 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:58 PM

LOL! What is AMS2?

AMS is the abbreviation a lot of fans use for "The Amazing Spider-man".  Don't ask me why though, because I agree it makes no sense that it is.

#10 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:12 PM

Anyone know if the 3DS version is just a port of the console version or if it is its' own game?

Based on some metacritic user reviews, the 3DS port is a terrible sprite-based 2D game without the open world. I'll pass.

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#11 ryheeles

ryheeles

No days off

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:14 PM

AMS is the abbreviation a lot of fans use for "The Amazing Spider-man". Don't ask me why though, because I agree it makes no sense that it is.

It's because they're too cool/dyslexic to type the proper abbreviation "ASM."

#12 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:19 PM

Based on some metacritic user reviews, the 3DS port is a terrible sprite-based 2D game without the open world. I'll pass.

Yeah, I saw those too. Though they were mostly complaining that it was 2D and quite frankly I like 2D platformer/brawlers on my 3DS so came here hoping for slightly more info. Thinking "no" as well though.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#13 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:19 PM

I recently finished the 360 version, and completely hated it. The game looks and plays terribly. Web swinging is mildly entertaining, but the goddamn menace meter manages to ruin that.
Posted Image

#14 Msn1983

Msn1983

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:20 PM

I have it already. It was bad. Usually I can deal with these games being bad and still enjoy myself like the first ASM game but this was just awful.

Edit: everything he said above me is 100% spot on.

#15 Gurren Lagann

Gurren Lagann

Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:27 PM

So its a definite pass on this game?granted I never played the first one .
Posted Image

#16 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:10 PM

I have it already. It was bad. Usually I can deal with these games being bad and still enjoy myself like the first ASM game but this was just awful.

Oh no, my 10 yr old keep asking me to buy it for him and I already told him that I would get it today since it's on sale. Hopefully he'll like it like the 1st one.

Dariel16.png

#17 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:00 PM

i have that gamestop trade in coupon from the make a wish donation. i wonder if spiderman 3ds is a good flip ? its around 11.99 after gcu
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#18 BlizzardCyclone

BlizzardCyclone

CAGS are HERE!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:02 PM

This game is horrible. Clunky controls and just not fun. No thanks. That's why the price drop. Stay clear :)

Posted Image

#19 darken

darken

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:29 PM

So I'm a big Spider man fan. I enjoyed Web of Shadows and Amazing Spider man 1,but I disliked Shattered Dimensions. Will I not like this one? One major draw for me are the costumes since it's nice to see that the incorporated the ones from the "Identity" storyline
Posted Image

#20 Msn1983

Msn1983

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:22 PM

It's honestly tough to say. The mechanics are bad and the game glitches a lot. I usually can get into poorly made movie games but I'm 12/14 with main missions and I don't even know if I'll finish it. Also I've only played 5-6 hours max and I'm over 80% done.

I'm really not sure what to say. They have a lot of costumes but I doubt you will enjoy the game enough to want to keep playing after the short story.

It will be cheaper I would wait.

#21 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:51 PM

I kind of liked the 1st one but  all signs point to pass on this one. .  I'm still a little tempted since Spidey games don't get super cheap very often.  

Thanks OP.

#22 Believeland

Believeland

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:02 PM

Is it really that much different then the 1st one? I really liked ASM 1 and have a $10 certificate, so wanted to pick this up for $20 for PS3.

Thought it would be same as first with just a different story and slightly expanded city.

#23 mcthatch

mcthatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:10 PM

PS3 version trades in to Amazon for 25.98. With GCU you've got a free rental if you can get it quick.