Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Battlefield 3 free on Origin (PCDD - On the House)

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:54 PM

https://www.origin.c...tandard-edition

Free until June 3

#2 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:01 PM

Thanks!

#3 Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

All you need is Duane and Wal-Mart® Ranch Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:16 PM

See, guys? EA isn't ALWAYS bad.

sXccgoQ.gif771291726.gif?1368801226j5IniQc.gif

Get A Free Xbox One! Join the CAGs Referral Conga Line Super easy and it works!

If you want to be awesome, like Duane, you'd do it!

Currently playing: Big Rigs :pc:, Charlie's Angels  :gc:, Aquaman :gc:, Drake of the 99 Dragons :xbox:,

#4 sikboy1029

sikboy1029

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:32 PM

from what I read it's a better PC version than BF4

#5 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:09 PM

from what I read it's a better PC version than BF4

BF4 sucks, a friend of mine has it on PC and it's a buggy mess.

I haven't played BF3 since it got rampant with hacks. I'm not sure if it's still that bad, but this is why I keep going back to Bad Company 2. At least you have control on who to kick there.

#6 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:37 PM

BF3 for FREE = Awesome.

Now, if only the Premium DLC's were all FREE and "On The House..." ;)

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#7 AverySegaw

AverySegaw

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:39 PM

Nice! Snagged it for when I finally get around to building a PC.

#8 cookgamer

cookgamer

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:42 PM

Awesome!

#9 iDuL

iDuL

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:55 PM

Thanks for the post, thank god I searched

#10 district_9000

district_9000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:59 PM

Loved the ps3 version of this and can't wait to try it on the pc finally

#11 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:18 PM

2 step authentication isn't sending for me; can't log in. Eragh. They must be getting swamped.

cagSig.png515886.png

#12 Bierno

Bierno

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:31 PM

surprise.. would assume most people would have BF3 from humble bundle

#13 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:33 PM

2 step authentication isn't sending for me; can't log in. Eragh. They must be getting swamped.

My bad. 2 step doesn't trigger correctly from a phone. Worked fine on desktop.

cagSig.png515886.png

#14 midloo

midloo

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:09 AM

Great!  Thanks OP!  I'm racking up a small collection of games on Origin with all these freebies. 

Posted Image

#15 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:50 AM

I got BF4 + premium on it. The game was pretty horrible with its bugs but the CTE verison has really improved the "netcode" a bit. Ever since I've got the game there's been far less crashing client and server side for me. 

BF4 had a shitter launch then BF3 did IMHO but like BF3 I think BF4 will turn out to be pretty damn good. Not 120 dollars good unless you *love* these games, but full price good. Thankfully I only paid 57.50 for BF4 + premium due to sales on each. 

TL'DR: BF3 is great worth checking out at least. BF4 sucked ass at launch, is getting better all the time. CTE build = *way* less dying behind cover/around corners.  

Waddles From Gravity Falls is best pony!

#16 zeldaking

zeldaking

I LOVE BOOBS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:53 AM

so they seem to be giving us the free games from PS+

what other EA games did we get free from PS+? Crysis?

#17 nextisland

nextisland

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:05 AM

I just built a $800 PC and everything keeps crashing dang it -.- , might miss this

#18 WonkyToad

WonkyToad

CAG-aholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:03 AM

Thanks.

Not a FPS fan, but I grabbed it.

Free is free

Block freedom to access ANY kind of information and you do just that; Block Freedom!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:15 AM

PSA: the premium edition for PC is on clearance at Best Buy for $15.99

#20 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:33 AM

PSA: the premium edition for PC is on clearance at Best Buy for $15.99

In store only? Shows $31.99 on the website for me.

#21 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:45 AM

In store only? Shows $31.99 on the website for me.

Yeah, in store only.  The physical copy.

#22 CrispyGoomba

CrispyGoomba

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:02 AM

Does anyone know if Origin saves the download progress if I shut my PC down? My internet is not quite the best and I'd rather not leave it on overnight. It's a 20GB download in case anyone is wondering.

#23 middydj

middydj

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:39 AM

BF4 sucks, a friend of mine has it on PC and it's a buggy mess.

I haven't played BF3 since it got rampant with hacks. I'm not sure if it's still that bad, but this is why I keep going back to Bad Company 2. At least you have control on who to kick there.

Don't know much about the rampant hacks you speak of in bf3.. Sure I see a cheater every now and then, But most admins take care of that with ease.  I play on some nice servers where admins will monitor the servers and also deal with problems. Hostile takeover servers or plain HT in the search .

#24 NaiveCynic

NaiveCynic

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:42 AM

Does anyone know if Origin saves the download progress if I shut my PC down? My internet is not quite the best and I'd rather not leave it on overnight. It's a 20GB download in case anyone is wondering.

Yeah, you can pause and resume downloads at will. In the past though, I've gotten disconnected from the server somehow and it doesn't auto-reconnect like Steam tries to. So I leave the PC on overnight with the intention of letting it download only to wake up and find it paused at 15% or something =/

#25 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:30 AM

Thanks for the heads up OP, thought I already have this from the Humble Origin Bundle.

Currently Playing:
:ps3: MGS Peace Walker HD

:360: n/a
:pc: Hearthstone, Sam & Max S1E04; Spec Ops The Line

Add me on Steam, we'll play games and stuff:

#26 UjnHunter

UjnHunter

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:29 PM

Already have it from the Origin Bundle as well... but thanks OP! Weird how EA doesn't have an account list on the Origin website, i.e. you can't see what games you already own unless you've purchased directly through Origin or in the Origin App itself. Also... even if you already own the game... EA lets you redeem the "Free" version again on your account. Seems weird.

-Ujn Hunter
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
PS3: Dead Or Alive 5
PSP Vita: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Wii U: Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
iOS: After Burner Climax

#27 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:44 PM

Don't know much about the rampant hacks you speak of in bf3.. Sure I see a cheater every now and then, But most admins take care of that with ease.  I play on some nice servers where admins will monitor the servers and also deal with problems. Hostile takeover servers or plain HT in the search .

I hadn't had such a common occurance with hackers since my days with COD. Anyhow, my comment was more directed to vanilla BF3 and the first couple of terrifyingly bad months that came after.

Just to name a few that I recall:

Phantom Knifes/Ammo/Medkits: Hackers could auto knife you no matter where you were in the map, so as soon as the hacker had his "lock" on you, you were dead. Same with the ammo & medkits, they could perform headshots regardless of where you spawned.

God Mode/ESP/Aimbots: Think we've all seen these as PC players. But it was abnormally bad in BF3 vanilla. Jump into a game and you could either play with a fairly obvious hacker. Or a cautious one that acted "legit" until you followed him around and noticed how he always knew what was behind the other wall.

You could report hackers and DICE did absolutely zilch even if the stats pointed to a fairly obvious one. Even with loads of people commenting on their page with proof of it, nope. DICE didn't move a finger. Punkbuster was more notorious about kicking out legit players than it was banning the bad guys.

What's worse was seeing a hacker being so damn obvious and not being able to do anything if big papa admin wasn't around to ban them. There was no vote kick system at the time, so all you could do was either keep playing or quit and find a new server.

Again, this was all in the first couple of months of release date, so I'm sure things have lightened up since then. But man was it nuts, especially after coming from Bad Company 2 where I saw very little occurances of hacking at launch.

tl;dr: Get the game, it's free.

I got BF4 + premium on it. The game was pretty horrible with its bugs but the CTE verison has really improved the "netcode" a bit. Ever since I've got the game there's been far less crashing client and server side for me. 

BF4 had a shitter launch then BF3 did IMHO but like BF3 I think BF4 will turn out to be pretty damn good. Not 120 dollars good unless you *love* these games, but full price good. Thankfully I only paid 57.50 for BF4 + premium due to sales on each. 

TL'DR: BF3 is great worth checking out at least. BF4 sucked ass at launch, is getting better all the time. CTE build = *way* less dying behind cover/around corners.  

I had forgotten about the CTE program DICE introduced. Good to hear it's changing for the better. I'll probably try the game again once Premium drops in price.

#28 GTAERgameing

GTAERgameing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:36 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

Currently Playing:joystick: Updated: 5/12/14
:ps3: Gran Turismo 5, Bulletstorm, Mortal Kombat  :vita: Wipeout 2048

Last Game Finished: \\ :D/ Updated: 5/12/14

Spoiler

#29 kjs7

kjs7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:39 AM

BF3 is a fantastic game. Played for about 250 hours and quit when BF4 started, never had many problems with hackers. Considering playing it a bit more now that some friends have gotten it for free (and the rush maps in BF3 and BC2 are better than BF4). I would consider BF4 to be the best multiplayer shooter on the market now, and a lot of the whining (in regards to the PC version) is hilariously exaggerated. Game has been fine for months, if you maintain your pc well you will be fine.

76561197994095328.png

#30 timesplitt

timesplitt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:33 AM

dangit, need vista W7 or W8 (I'm using XP)

shrug

Posted Image