NintendoLand or Wii Party U?

Lawyers Guns N Money

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I'm finally gonna pull the trigger on a Wii U with MK8, and since I don't have any WM+ controllers, I'm looking at either of these two that come packed-in with the controller.  NintendoLand is a tad more expensive.

Any thoughts on which is better?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm finally gonna pull the trigger on a Wii U with MK8, and since I don't have any WM+ controllers, I'm looking at either of these two that come packed-in with the controller. NintendoLand is a tad more expensive.

Any thoughts on which is better?
If you really want Wii Party U, you can get it (or three other games) free digitally from Club Nintendo once you register Mario Kart. Here's the info on that promo, if you weren't already aware of it: http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/Mf9RJDcWmALXECxUdPB0Lf3N9Jb2VtRt

In my opinion, NintendoLand is a must have, as it really shows off the features of the system and gamepad.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you really want Wii Party U, you can get it (or three other games) free digitally from Club Nintendo once you register Mario Kart. Here's the info on that promo, if you weren't already aware of it: http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/Mf9RJDcWmALXECxUdPB0Lf3N9Jb2VtRt

In my opinion, NintendoLand is a must have, as it really shows off the features of the system and gamepad.
Wii Party U is basically free with the controller, the bundle is like $42. I've already decided on Zelda for the free game... Seems like a waste to get Wii Party U as the free game.

NintendoLand comes with a Luigi controller, so that will probably be my pick. Thanks.

I liked NintendoLand a lot more. There's actually some challenge in it (Zelda) if you go for 100%.

Nintendoland is a lot of fun, but, IMO, it gets old somewhat quickly.  But, it is a lot of fun til then.

My daughter and I sat down to play Wii Party U for the first time this weekend.

Now, in the past we've played various Mario Party games and enjoyed them.

For Wii Party U we just played the long, idiot, zig-zag bridge race. The individual mini-games were usually pretty good but a bit lacking compared to the Mario Party games.

The overall zig-zag bridge bit (and there are more "overall" games -this is just our first impressions from the first game we selected) was putting us to sleep. It was all very generic from the zig-zag board, to the tile pieces that made up the spaces, to the dice rolling, etc. It was like the most uncreative board game you could imagine. The music was generic Nintendo waiting-room music. It all just slowly lulled us to near sleep.

Nintendoland was quite a bit more fun. I knew of a few of the good games and show them to the girls (Donkey Kong something, Mario Chase, Luigi's Mansion (not the right title)) and we had a blast chasing each other or trying to find each other or, as a single person, doing the Donkey Kong rolling game.

Based on my experience I'd say, "Just get Nintendoland.."

The one caveat is that there are some games in Nintendoland that are kind of duds and we really didn't explore Wii Party U to it's fullest - it was more a "first impression" kind of thing. A game shouldn't lull you to sleep, though.

bread's done
Back