I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:22 PM

Pre-Order any game and get the following games discounted:

Call of Duty: Ghosts - ( :xb1: / :ps4: ) $23.99 / ( :360: / :ps3: ) $15.99

Thief - ( :xb1: / :ps4: ) $23.99 / ( :360: / :ps3: ) $15.99

Son of Rome - :xb1: $23.99

Dead Rising 3 - :xb1: $23.99

Deal works online but not sure if it works in store.  Appears to be for GCU only.

LINK (if link doesn't work try reloading, I had trouble with the link on Best Buy's website as well)

If it works in store with a $5 deposit, the 50% trade up plus GCU you could presumably boomerang certain games back for a slight profit which would basically pay for your pre-order then use the gift card to pay for the game when it comes out.

A few options for those interested in the deal.

Not the best selection but decent prices for those planning on pre-ordering games and interested in getting any of the games listed.

#2 jazzman

jazzman

Carpe diem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:27 PM

Tempted to get Ryse and is Thief any good

#3 Worseley

Worseley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:27 PM

Thief is the only one that I see that would net a profit, trading in @ $28.80 with GCU.    The rest are $22.40 or less.

Good deal though, especially if GCU stacks on the $24

contra.gif

#4 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:29 PM

Thief is the only one that I see that would net a profit, trading in @ $28.80 with GCU. The rest are $22.40 or less.

Good deal though, especially if GCU stacks on the $24

The $24 is after GCU.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/26]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Hard] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#5 Worseley

Worseley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:31 PM

It's any preorder btw, I added the Walking Dead GOTY version on XB1 ($30 norm, $24 after GCU) and it worked to get Thief for $24

contra.gif

#6 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:33 PM

was gonna peorder mario kart tonight last minute so might be tempted to grab thief on ps4 while im at it

Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#7 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:37 PM

was gonna peorder mario kart tonight last minute so might be tempted to grab thief on ps4 while im at it

might want to note also that the $10 Gas Promo for Mario Kart 8 is also no longer adding to orders if you were hoping for that $10 Gas Card Bonus. the $10 Promo Deal is dead for that Game.

#8 chnandler_bong

chnandler_bong

A cold-a$$ honky.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:37 PM

OP can you add to the title that this requires GCU?  Fine print:

My Best Buy™ Gamers Club Unlocked members: Pre-order any game, and save on a select previously released title, including Call of Duty: Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome and Thief. Plus free shipping.

Offer valid for My Best Buy™ Gamers Club Unlocked members only. May not be valid in combination with other offers.

Savings will be reflected in your cart when all offer requirements are met. If you remove any of the qualifying items from your cart or cancel all or part of your order, you will not receive the promotional savings. Valid on in-stock items only. Items may ship separately. Offer subject to change.

ach.png

xkcd comics: Zealous Autoconfig | Macgyver Gets Lazy | RTFM | Borders | A random comic strip

Spoiler

- Egon, this reminds me of the time you tried to drill a hole through your head. Remember that?
- That would have worked if you hadn't stopped me.

#9 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:39 PM

It's any preorder btw, I added the Walking Dead GOTY version on XB1 ($30 norm, $24 after GCU) and it worked to get Thief for $24

Interesting...very interesting... :-k

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

#10 Groo The Wanderer

Groo The Wanderer

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:40 PM

The link ain't working for me

#11 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Fwiw Ghosts will be 12.99 on GF in about 20 mins on ps3 and 360

#12 Worseley

Worseley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Interesting...very interesting... :-k

I'm looking for something that I'd actually WANT, If it included Season 2 I'd jump on it but I'm not buying Season 1 for the 6th time just bc it's on XB1 this time.

contra.gif

#13 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:42 PM

What would happen if you preordered, did an in store pickup, then canceled the preorder?

#14 Worseley

Worseley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:43 PM

Well, the cheapest preorder is a skylander figure for $8.   http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1219225528198

It works to get the discounted game.

contra.gif

#15 chnandler_bong

chnandler_bong

A cold-a$$ honky.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:43 PM

I'm looking for something that I'd actually WANT, If it included Season 2 I'd jump on it but I'm not buying Season 1 for the 6th time just bc it's on XB1 this time.

But but but, do you HAVE it on :xb1: yet???

ach.png

xkcd comics: Zealous Autoconfig | Macgyver Gets Lazy | RTFM | Borders | A random comic strip

Spoiler

- Egon, this reminds me of the time you tried to drill a hole through your head. Remember that?
- That would have worked if you hadn't stopped me.

#16 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:44 PM

Fwiw Ghosts will be 12.99 on GF in about 20 mins on ps3 and 360

That's still $20 too much.

Thanks OP.  I was planning on making some preorders anyways.  Let's see what I can do with this....

#17 Bobby's Universe

Bobby's Universe

might want to note also that the $10 Gas Promo for Mario Kart 8 is also no longer adding to orders if you were hoping for that $10 Gas Card Bonus. the $10 Promo Deal is dead for that Game.

If that's the case, then I'm no longer pre-ordering it. So the gas card would get added to your cart before? I have it my cart but all I get is the GCU discount
Currently Playing :wiiu: SM3DW & Mario Kart 8) 4 player couch madnezz!!!

:wii: Scarface The World Is Yours

#18 funkmonker

funkmonker

Link doesn't work

Teachin' b*tches how to swim

#19 ghost1914

ghost1914

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:47 PM

Wow great deal. Going to pre order Mario kart and buy Ryse since ill play it beat it trade it in and not an exclusive I want digital

#20 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:48 PM

If that's the case, then I'm no longer pre-ordering it. So the gas card would get added to your cart before? I have it my cart but all I get is the GCU discount

yea it would and also it used to be on the preorder page here http://www.bestbuy.c...o-kart-8-121399 and also it used to be listed under the special offers in the product description and it been removed from all those places. When it was first put up it was listed as While Supplies Last for the Promo.

Spoiler

#21 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:53 PM

Too bad I can't add that to my currently existing MK8 preorder.

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#22 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Bout damn time they started some GCU exclusive pre-order stuff

#23 lilbuddy

lilbuddy

Only get a discount on 1 game on this promo.

#24 Shimisi

Shimisi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:56 PM

What would happen if you preordered, did an in store pickup, then canceled the preorder?

The morality police would burn you at the stake.

#25 dominator

dominator

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

Tempting, but I'm not so sure I'd pick up Ryse or DR3 for that price just to finish up the DLC.

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#26 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:07 PM

Well, the cheapest preorder is a skylander figure for $8.   http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1219225528198

It works to get the discounted game.

Well that's pretty brilliant... Good option if nothing else. Kind of debating if I want to grab Thief with another pre-order though... 

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#27 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:09 PM

Are these the only 4 games to choose from? I own 3 out of the 4. Thief being the only one I don't have but with the reviews and my backlog I can wait for sub $20 by itself for it

#28 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:20 PM

Wish Thief was $15.99 for the PS4 copy. I played a little bit of it, and I wouldn't mind finishing it. I'll wait for a lower price.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#29 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:21 PM

I was planning on preordering Theatrhythm FF: Curtain Call anyway, so maybe I'll pick up Thief (:ps4:) while I'm at it, but...I dunno. :???:

Cloud_Squall78.png

#30 ghost1914

ghost1914

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:33 PM

So has anyone tried this in store? Was going to trade in watch dogs that I got from target for the Xbox live deal and not really urged to play it right now so will rebuy at a sub $30 price. But don't want to have to go to the store then home then back.