48 replies to this topic

#1 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:55 AM

Mario Kart 8 Wii U $49.99 @Frys.com

nU7GwCx.jpg

Good Price For those who missed Best Buy $10 Gas Promo

http://www.frys.com/...CH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

And Yes Best Buy will Price Match Frys before anyone asks.

#2 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:00 AM

And my year old $60 amazon preorder already in the mail. :/

cagSig.png515886.png

#3 tamagoyorokobi

tamagoyorokobi

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:07 AM

Sweet, I'm gonna pricematch at Target tomorrow. Thanks OP!

fss_overall.png
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Triple Town (PC)

3DS FC: 5069-4010-9757

#4 JohnHarker

JohnHarker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:10 AM

Great deal! I would be all over this if my Newegg pre-order didn't get charged already.

#5 funkmonker

funkmonker

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:12 AM

Can you pm at target and still get the wheel

#6 ijag233

ijag233

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:22 AM

Thanks OP!

#7 ArugulaZ

ArugulaZ

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:22 AM

Can you order the game online for that price? I've never done any business with Fry's... I'm worried that if I order something from them, it won't get here for a thousand years. And it'll delivered by a surly robot who will bust my kneecaps.

#8 mattysaurus

mattysaurus

Shipping kills it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:27 AM

Hmm.. Wonder if I can get Walmart to PM this. Last time I tried to get them to PM Bestbuy's price on Tales of Symphonia HD they said they couldn't without an ad (and were too lazy to call the store and verify).

It probably also doesn't help that I'm on the east coast.

#9 Jakub72

Jakub72

Slovak Mountain Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:34 AM

I preordered from Best Buy a few weeks ago and tracking says it's on its way. If I go to Best Buy and tell them to price match this for me, will I get like $10 back or will they not accept it?

sig.gif

#10 bearranza

bearranza

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:36 AM

Will Gamestop price match?

#11 funkmonker

funkmonker

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:37 AM

not a chance in hell

#12 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:38 AM

When hell freezes over maybe.

#13 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:38 AM

I preordered from Best Buy a few weeks ago and tracking says it's on its way. If I go to Best Buy and tell them to price match this for me, will I get like $10 back or will they not accept it?

unfortunately no since best buy will only do a post price match within 15 days if THEY have it on sale, they haven't post priced competitor prices in almost a year when they redid the price match policy:

We will also match prices post purchase if we lower our price within 15 days of your purchase. http://www.bestbuy.c...cat297300050000

#14 XSpark210X

XSpark210X

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:40 AM

Sweet, I'm gonna pricematch at Target tomorrow. Thanks OP!

Target doesnt price match frys unless of course you have one locally or your target dont give a damn

#15 Jakub72

Jakub72

Slovak Mountain Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:44 AM

unfortunately no since best buy will only do a post price match within 15 days if THEY have it on sale, they haven't post priced competitor prices in almost a year when they redid the price match policy:

We will also match prices post purchase if we lower our price within 15 days of your purchase. http://www.bestbuy.c...cat297300050000

That really sucks as I paid for Mario Kart 8 on May 4 which is about one week more then 15 days but thanks for the quick reply and information. Either way, this game shall be awesome. Do you know how long items from Best Buy usually take to arrive?

sig.gif

#16 Jakub72

Jakub72

Slovak Mountain Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:46 AM

I don't think so. I tried getting a price match on the Link Between Worlds 3DS XL a few months back for about $70 less and the dude working their told me that other stores don't price match with Gamestop and so they don't price match with them.

sig.gif

#17 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:48 AM

That really sucks as I paid for Mario Kart 8 on May 4 which is about one week more then 15 days but thanks for the quick reply and information. Either way, this game shall be awesome. Do you know how long items from Best Buy usually take to arrive?

well my last 5 preorders arrived on release day and my copy of mario kart was shipped today and scheduled to be recieved tomorrow according to the tracking number

#18 Jakub72

Jakub72

Slovak Mountain Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:53 AM

well my last 5 preorders arrived on release day and my copy of mario kart was shipped today and scheduled to be recieved tomorrow according to the tracking number

That sounds pretty reliable, my Mario Kart 8 also states that it has been shipped today and if you are correct then it would be very awesome to get it by tomorrow. Do you know if it will arrive at the same time as the regular mail (1 - 3 pm) or is it somewhere a little later (8 - 9pm)?

sig.gif

#19 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:56 AM

That sounds pretty reliable, my Mario Kart 8 also states that it has been shipped today and if you are correct then it would be very awesome to get it by tomorrow. Do you know if it will arrive at the same time as the regular mail (1 - 3 pm) or is it somewhere a little later (8 - 9pm)?

idk it varies and depend on how they send it. I'm elite plus and always use expedited shipping and ups usually does that but if it was shipped standard shipping then USPS will probably deliver it so shipping time and and deliver day and other variables will vary

#20 Jakub72

Jakub72

Slovak Mountain Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:59 AM

idk it varies and depend on how they send it. I'm elite plus and always use expedited shipping and ups usually does that but if it was shipped standard shipping then USPS will probably deliver it so shipping time and and deliver day and other variables will vary

Ok, that makes sense. I know that Gamestop would send their items through UPS, accept payment about a week before release date, and then arrive on time but around 8pm.

sig.gif

#21 tamagoyorokobi

tamagoyorokobi

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:01 AM

Target doesnt price match frys unless of course you have one locally or your target dont give a damn

Luckily I have one locally.

fss_overall.png
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Triple Town (PC)

3DS FC: 5069-4010-9757

#22 MSU_DVM

MSU_DVM

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:38 AM

If you go in store you should be able to return and rebuy with a price match.

Currently Playing:

:ps3: Tales of Grace :ps4: Strider  :360: Dark Souls II (NG+)

miamiheatfan1121.png

#23 SMBScooby

SMBScooby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:32 PM

Does bestbuy do the price match and the gcu discount?

#24 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:35 PM

Does bestbuy do the price match and the gcu discount?

One or the other.

#25 SMBScooby

SMBScooby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:37 PM

Anyone played the game? Wondering about two player controls. Does one person have to use a wii u gamepad?Can two people use a wii pro controller?

#26 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:45 PM

I have a Fry's locally, but it's across town. Once I factor in gas & time, most of their deals aren't really that great anymore. I used to go there all the time years ago, as they almost always had launch games for 10 dollars off, but now the deals are far and in between.

With all the online competition, I hardly ever shop there anymore, it's just not worth it.

#27 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:46 PM

not a chance in hell

When hell freezes over maybe.

So you're saying there's a chance...

#28 Jakub72

Jakub72

Slovak Mountain Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:55 PM

If you go in store you should be able to return and rebuy with a price match.

You think so? I tried doing something similar with Super Mario 3D World and even checked Newegg to see if their lowered price was still available and it was. But when I asked the lady to price match, she went somewhere in a room to check on her computer or something, came back, and said there was nothing there. So I don't know/.

sig.gif

#29 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:01 PM

Hmm.. Wonder if I can get Walmart to PM this. Last time I tried to get them to PM Bestbuy's price on Tales of Symphonia HD they said they couldn't without an ad (and were too lazy to call the store and verify).

It probably also doesn't help that I'm on the east coast.

Wal-Mart isn't supposed to PM anything without a physical ad.  Doing so was a firable offense last I checked (I guess that was awhile back at this point lol) 

The only way you could even hope to pull this off without an employee risking their job is if you can pull a scan of the physical ad up on your phone, but even then that's still a no-no.

http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#30 Jakub72

Jakub72

Slovak Mountain Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:39 PM

Wal-Mart isn't supposed to PM anything without a physical ad.  Doing so was a firable offense last I checked (I guess that was awhile back at this point lol) 

The only way you could even hope to pull this off without an employee risking their job is if you can pull a scan of the physical ad up on your phone, but even then that's still a no-no.

That worked for me once, I had the CAG ad ready on my phone and showed it to the employee when he asked and bought my item for the lower price

sig.gif