Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

Murdered Soul Suspect street date broken YMMV

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:08 PM

At Best Buy now currently and these are on the floor ready to be sold.

This is a heads up for those ready to pick up the game.

I'm typing this from a BestBuy display tablet and took the picture with it as well

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

#2 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:08 PM

game is basically like beyond two souls.

#3 snacks28217

snacks28217

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:12 PM

I thought more like heavy rain.

#4 plus1zero

plus1zero

Needs more CLANGA!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:14 PM

Is this YMMV? If not I'd be down to pick it up

#5 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:17 PM

I can't confirm other BBY's so YMMV

But they about 10 on the shelf each for all consoles at my store

#6 kickrockz713

kickrockz713

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:19 PM

I was going to get it anyways but if it is like either one of those. I might get it sooner than I was planning.

Fuck it, I'm buying it next Friday after I trade Watch Dogs in

rsz_3james_harden_jh.png710791.pngrsz_jj_watt_texans_2012.jpg

Playing: :xb1: Madden 15 & NBA 2K15   :ps4: The Evil Within   :wiiu: Nada   :360: Nada    :ps3: Nada    :3ds: Nada    :vita: Sound Shapes

#7 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Given the early reviews I have seen and the fact that Target is giving away a $10 gift card with purchase next week, I'd say you're better off waiting.  

#8 tckilla76

tckilla76

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Won't system flag it so you can't buy it?

#9 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:23 PM

Not at my BBY. I bought dynasty warriors PS4 when they broke the street date for that

#10 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:25 PM

I miss the bad deal sniffing dog.  Where is he?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#11 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:32 PM

He was put to sleep. :(

#12 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:48 PM

So it's not really a game. Think I'll just wait for better prices on these interactive story telling games.

#13 Shaniqwa

Shaniqwa

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:51 PM

I wanted it, it looks different from the norm. (I'm bored with gaming lately) Now after those two statements, I'm not sure anymore. Both of those games I just couldn't get into.

#14 kickrockz713

kickrockz713

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:57 PM

Sneak preview from machinima.

rsz_3james_harden_jh.png710791.pngrsz_jj_watt_texans_2012.jpg

Playing: :xb1: Madden 15 & NBA 2K15   :ps4: The Evil Within   :wiiu: Nada   :360: Nada    :ps3: Nada    :3ds: Nada    :vita: Sound Shapes

#15 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:00 AM

Suicide pack with the no deal sniffing dog.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#16 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:02 AM

Suicide pack with the no deal sniffing dog.

might have just been a typo, but its pact.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#17 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:07 AM

Not necessarily, I walked out with Dark Souls II Black Armor Edition a day before the official street date. Not sure why some games get flagged and others don't.

1gb4.png

#18 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:18 AM

Given the early reviews I have seen and the fact that Target is giving away a $10 gift card with purchase next week, I'd say you're better off waiting.  

Early reviews?  Who has reviewed it, because I haven't seen anything but previews.

RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#19 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:25 AM

Early reviews?  Who has reviewed it, because I haven't seen anything but previews.

You're right, they were previews as I believe Square refused to make the final game available to reviewers in advance of release which is a major red flag. The preview version review I read in Edge made it pretty clear that the game had some major issues as recently as a couple of months ago and I think it's pretty unlikely those basic game mechanics were altered since.  

#20 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:26 AM

might have just been a typo, but its pact.

Naw man like pack of dogs.

Totally saved it.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#21 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:34 AM

You're right, they were previews as I believe Square refused to make the final game available to reviewers in advance of release which is a major red flag. The preview version review I read in Edge made it pretty clear that the game had some major issues as recently as a couple of months ago and I think it's pretty unlikely those basic game mechanics were altered since.  

For those on the fence, this is gonna be at Redbox next week for PS3 and 360.  I'm probably just gonna rent it from there.

RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#22 Dr0p119

Dr0p119

Chief Red Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:33 AM

First thing I thought when I seen the trailer was la noire but you're dead. Throw in some powers like dishonored, and boom goes the dynamite.

#23 TonyCatastrophe

TonyCatastrophe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:34 AM

It wasn't bad when I played it at PAX East.. You're not missing anything if you want to wait.

Felt like Beyond:Two Souls, where it had a specific story to tell, linear in direction, graphics weren't that great on a PS4(definite cross-gen in appearance) and it felt annoying when trying to get details out of of body swapping and trying to direct conversations.
Posted Image

#24 kevinmlssu

kevinmlssu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:42 AM

I miss the bad deal sniffing dog. Where is he?

Not him but...Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark!

#25 steph2def

steph2def

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:29 AM

This isn't exactly true. How do you know Square refused to make the game available to reviewers? Reviews probably haven't been posted because it's probably embargoed. Same with Watch Dogs, those reviews didn't hit until release day.

Either way I'm excited for the game. Reminds me of L.A Noire and Heavy Rain! I'll check my Best Buy to see if they are selling it early.

YouTube Channel

[twitter]Steph2Def[/twitter]

#26 gamereck

gamereck

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:11 AM

I will wait for the reviews. The previews look promising but we all have bought games that look promising and they truly sucked once we got our hands on it to play.

#27 Mr_hat

Mr_hat

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:27 PM

So now broken release dates are a deal how?

#28 jfleming40

jfleming40

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:31 PM

Watch Dogs and Stick of a Truth weren't reviewed until the day of release and they turned out okay.

#29 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:14 PM

Watch Dogs and Stick of a Truth weren't reviewed until the day of release and they turned out okay.

Sure, but the previews leading up to release were all fairly positive.  I just don't see the need to buy this before some reviews pop up, especially with the Target deal on Tuesday.

#30 jfleming40

jfleming40

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:20 PM

Sure, but the previews leading up to release were all fairly positive. I just don't see the need to buy this before some reviews pop up, especially with the Target deal on Tuesday.

I've only seen positive previews. Who had a bad preview? I'd like to see it.