Question about Wii U

xkrnwannabx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I'm about to pick up a Zelda 32GB Wii U off of craigslist for $145. The condition is good, but I'm still in the process of asking him/her for specifics of the console, gamepad, and accessories (i.e., if there're any dents, scuffs, and imperfections).

Here's a picture that s/he sent me. What do you guys think? The person told me s/he doesn't have the box, so is everything in the picture what you'd expect when buying a brand new wii u deluxe edition?  

I'm about to pick up a Zelda 32GB Wii U off of craigslist for $145. The condition is good, but I'm still in the process of asking him/her for specifics of the console, gamepad, and accessories (i.e., if there're any dents, scuffs, and imperfections).

Here's a picture that s/he sent me. What do you guys think? The person told me s/he doesn't have the box, so is everything in the picture what you'd expect when buying a brand new wii u deluxe edition?
You have all the important things. The console, the gamepad, the cables, etc. You also have the docking station. It does look like you're missing 3 pieces of plastic which I've never used and TBH I have no idea what they're for. The console looks like it was dusty and wiped down which is fine. I see a scratch in the picture.

P5310004.jpg

Keep in mind that you won't be getting Zelda, it was a digital download and will be locked to that person's profile. Of course they could leave the profile on the console or give you their account information but then when you buy content you'll be buying it under their profile and they could steal it. If they leave their account on there, I wouldn't buy anything under it, even if they gave me the credentials because I'd be worried they'd steal from me.

You won't be able to participate in the digital deluxe promo. If they don't de-register their club nintendo account from this Wii U (thus definitely losing Zelda), you won't be able to get a free game by registering Mario Kart 8. Personally, I think you're better off going for one of the $200 or $250 deals for a new console next time one pops up.

The sensor bar is missing.

Two of those other pieces of plastic are used for standing the console vertically, and the other is a gamepad stand. It's upside down in the picture.

You have all the important things. The console, the gamepad, the cables, etc. You also have the docking station. It does look like you're missing 3 pieces of plastic which I've never used and TBH I have no idea what they're for. The console looks like it was dusty and wiped down which is fine. I see a scratch in the picture.

P5310004.jpg

Keep in mind that you won't be getting Zelda, it was a digital download and will be locked to that person's profile. Of course they could leave the profile on the console or give you their account information but then when you buy content you'll be buying it under their profile and they could steal it. If they leave their account on there, I wouldn't buy anything under it, even if they gave me the credentials because I'd be worried they'd steal from me.

You won't be able to participate in the digital deluxe promo. If they don't de-register their club nintendo account from this Wii U (thus definitely losing Zelda), you won't be able to get a free game by registering Mario Kart 8. Personally, I think you're better off going for one of the $200 or $250 deals for a new console next time one pops up.

The sensor bar is missing.

Two of those other pieces of plastic are used for standing the console vertically, and the other is a gamepad stand. It's upside down in the picture.
Yeah, I also noticed the big scratch on the console, and wow, I didn't know it was missing so many things. So what's the big deal about this Zelda Deluxe edition thing? I know it goes for a lot so I thought I would benefit a lot from buying this off of craigslist. And thanks blaster man for clarifying the Zelda and online activation shenanigans.

My question is: is there any reason why this Wii U is better than the normal 32 GB Wii U? besides the Zelda game of course. And I also don't want to spend $200 for a Wii U - i'm waiting for the $150 price mark - although idk when that'll happen.

Yeah, I also noticed the big scratch on the console, and wow, I didn't know it was missing so many things. So what's the big deal about this Zelda Deluxe edition thing? I know it goes for a lot so I thought I would benefit a lot from buying this off of craigslist. And thanks blaster man for clarifying the Zelda and online activation shenanigans.

My question is: is there any reason why this Wii U is better than the normal 32 GB Wii U? besides the Zelda game of course. And I also don't want to spend $200 for a Wii U - i'm waiting for the $150 price mark - although idk when that'll happen.
It's a regular 32 GB Wii U except the gamepad as decals on it. I have the Wind Waker bundle. I don't think it's worth a whole lot more than the regular Wii U. It will be a while till it's $149.99. I wouldn't be surprised to see a price drop this year down to $249.99 for the 32GB model and maybe 199.99 on BF this year but I doubt it will hit 150 this year. Of course if you already have a regular Wii, then you can sell that and subsidize part of the cost and that makes it cheaper.

For example: If you bought the NSMBU bundle, it comes with 2 games that cost (together) $75 on Amazon. So that's like buying the hardware for 225. Then if you sell your Wii for 50 then you're paying a net price of 175. Of course the MK8 bundle comes with a WiiMote but they're charging you 30 bucks for it.

Speaking as someone that bitches and complains about Nintendo and the Wii U a lot, if you want it, I think you should get it. The deal they have right now with Mario Kart is pretty damn good. You don't have to buy right away or anything, that deal is active until the end of July so you can sit back and wait 2 months for a sale to pop up. Buy.com had been selling (several times now) the NSMBU bundle for 250 through their eBay site.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a regular 32 GB Wii U except the gamepad as decals on it. I have the Wind Waker bundle. I don't think it's worth a whole lot more than the regular Wii U. It will be a while till it's $149.99. I wouldn't be surprised to see a price drop this year down to $249.99 for the 32GB model and maybe 199.99 on BF this year but I doubt it will hit 150 this year. Of course if you already have a regular Wii, then you can sell that and subsidize part of the cost and that makes it cheaper.

For example: If you bought the NSMBU bundle, it comes with 2 games that cost (together) $75 on Amazon. So that's like buying the hardware for 225. Then if you sell your Wii for 50 then you're paying a net price of 175. Of course the MK8 bundle comes with a WiiMote but they're charging you 30 bucks for it.

Speaking as someone that bitches and complains about Nintendo and the Wii U a lot, if you want it, I think you should get it. The deal they have right now with Mario Kart is pretty damn good. You don't have to buy right away or anything, that deal is active until the end of July so you can sit back and wait 2 months for a sale to pop up. Buy.com had been selling (several times now) the NSMBU bundle for 250 through their eBay site.
Wasn't there also a thing for the 32 GB deluxe edition like if you purchase a digital game via the Nintendo store, you get a certain % of Nintendo credit or coins? or something along those lines? I only remembered it applied for the deluxe wii u and not the 8 gb white one.

Wasn't there also a thing for the 32 GB deluxe edition like if you purchase a digital game via the Nintendo store, you get a certain % of Nintendo credit or coins? or something along those lines? I only remembered it applied for the deluxe wii u and not the 8 gb white one.
That's good for all the 32GB models and not just the Zelda one. It's only active until the end of the year. It's 10% back. It works on the pack-in games as well. So for my Wind Waker bundle, I got 499 points (they round the cents down to 0) so after spending $1 more I got a $5 eshop credit. It's good on all the digital downloads, including ones purchased outside of Nintendo's store (so if you get a code at GameStop the credit will apply). Wii U Club Nintendo codes also give you credit towards it.

edit:

https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe/

Last edited by a moderator:
That's good for all the 32GB models and not just the Zelda one. It's only active until the end of the year. It's 10% back. It works on the pack-in games as well. So for my Wind Waker bundle, I got 499 points (they round the cents down to 0) so after spending $1 more I got a $5 eshop credit. It's good on all the digital downloads, including ones purchased outside of Nintendo's store (so if you get a code at GameStop the credit will apply). Wii U Club Nintendo codes also give you credit towards it.

edit:

https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe/
Thanks again for the insight! I'm trying to haggle a bit, lol. I mean, I don't think he's aware that the sensor bar, Zelda game, and the plastic accessory pieces are missing, and I just notified him.

bread's done
Back