Photo
* * * * * 23 votes

Steam Deals Thread V12 ~ Summer Sale on Now!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10153 replies to this topic

#931 CarnivalMadness

CarnivalMadness

silent but deadly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:30 PM

Was supposed to be called Game of the Generation Edition, but close enough. :-P

No it wasn't.  The Game of the Generation Edition was already launched as a collector's package for consoles only (and probably missing a lot of DLC). This National Treasure Edition looks to be their complete edition for PC.

#932 madjoki

madjoki

Perma-n00b

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:41 PM

Card drops earned: 6
Drops earned by purchasing the game: 4
Drops earned by purchasing DLC: 2

Seems like Aerena has added more card drops, might be worth a check. (Early owners from BM bundle or gift from that bundle, which previously got zero drops)

#933 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:51 PM

No it wasn't.  The Game of the Generation Edition was already launched as a collector's package for consoles only (and probably missing a lot of DLC). This National Treasure Edition looks to be their complete edition for PC.

Oops. I meant Game of the Century.

http://www.joystiq.c...tted-on-amazon/

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#934 CarnivalMadness

CarnivalMadness

silent but deadly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:03 PM

Gamefly continues its Summer Sale for up to 75% off, and runs until 6/9.

Day 7 Flash Deals (End 6/6 - 1PM EDT)Summer Sale Deals (End 6/9) 

Expired Flash Deals 

Games activate on Steam unless otherwise noted.  Check DRM on product page.

Use coupon code JUN15OFF for an additional 15% off at checkout. (UKJUN15OFF for UK customers.)

#935 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:07 PM

If anyone has been looking to start using an X1 controller, the PC drivers just got released. 

http://majornelson.c...?linkId=8424381

Thanks for the heads-up.

Has Microsoft said yea or nay on whether the PC 360 adapter "Wireless Gaming Receiver" will work with the Xbox One controller?

I don't want to have to use a cord connected to my controller....

Steam ID: Bizzquik
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bizzquik
PSN Network ID: Bummblue
WiiU ID: Bizzquik

Proud user of PinnacleGameProfiler: turning beloved keyboard+mouse PC games into controller-enabled, couch-friendly gaming experiences.

#936 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:09 PM

My thoughts on Trials Fusion is that I don't like it as much as the previous game... I'm having a hard time figuring out why. Well, minus the optimization issues I'm noticing allot more of.

#937 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:09 PM

I really wish Enemy Within would go on a better than 50% off sale.  Folks say it really makes Enemy Unknown better and I've put off playing EU for it because I know I won't go back and replay it once I move on.  But EW refuses to go on a good discount so I just don't play any of it.

Backlog Alphabet: Working my backlog A to Z [Blog Updated on Jan 28 - New Final Entry, Now With The Letter Z!]

#938 CarnivalMadness

CarnivalMadness

silent but deadly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:14 PM

New trailer out for the BL pre-sequel, though the Bollywood-type moon dance number is kinda awkward:

#939 Ltrain23

Ltrain23

Luigi Death Stare

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:15 PM

Thanks for the heads-up.

Has Microsoft said yea or nay on whether the PC 360 adapter "Wireless Gaming Receiver" will work with the Xbox One controller?

Will not work with the 360 adapter. Not sure if Microsoft said this or not, but it has been confirmed by a couple different people that have tried in the comments on one of the reports.

SWITCH TO DISH & GET A FREE HOPPER UPGRADE.

If you use one of my referral codes, you get $50 off your first bill, too!

AHP221364492     AHP233565792

#940 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:20 PM

Thanks for the heads-up.

It's a different wireless technology so don't expect it to ever work with that dongle, though I'm sure it won't be wired only forever.

#941 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:20 PM

Daily Deal
Trials Fusion - $19.99 $14.99 

Weekend Deals
Magic 2014 Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Stardock Pack 2014 - $89.99 $44.99
Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $9.99
Fallen Enchantress - $19.99 $9.99
Dead Man's Draw - $9.99 $2.49

Random Deals
Epoch - $9.99 $4.99

76561198022997080.pngA_Different_Nate.png

#942 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:28 PM

I really wish Enemy Within would go on a better than 50% off sale.  Folks say it really makes Enemy Unknown better and I've put off playing EU for it because I know I won't go back and replay it once I move on.  But EW refuses to go on a good discount so I just don't play any of it.

Enemy Within was 66% off recently. Can't remember where though, sorry.

It was $9.89 at Amazon during MAYhem.

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#943 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:30 PM

Enemy within was 75% on steam some months ago. I bought it from that sale.

I'm replaying Xcom, I really love that game.

76561198025176705.png

#944 SeriousGeorge

SeriousGeorge

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:31 PM

Price of individual games: $36.94
Bundle cost: $44.99

#945 tyfreak

tyfreak

What are you thinking bout ****** ******!

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:47 PM

Daily Deal
Trials Fusion - $19.99 $14.99 

Weekend Deals
Magic 2014 Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Stardock Pack 2014 - $89.99 $44.99
Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $9.99
Fallen Enchantress - $19.99 $9.99
Dead Man's Draw - $9.99 $2.49

Random Deals
Epoch - $9.99 $4.99

mns magic 2014 gold complete for 8.74 and russians make it cheaper

#946 madjoki

madjoki

Perma-n00b

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:49 PM

Price of individual games: $36.94
Bundle cost: $44.99

Steam's way of implementing "pay what you want".

#947 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:58 PM

Card drops earned: 6
Drops earned by purchasing the game: 4
Drops earned by purchasing DLC: 2

Seems like Aerena has added more card drops, might be worth a check. (Early owners from BM bundle or gift from that bundle, which previously got zero drops)

I just looked and there are 2 drops, thanks for the heads up. I previously got zero drops.

76561197996799113.png

#948 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

So remember that a long time ago we got a game called 'Galactic Arms Race' in BeMine Anniversary?

Well, the game is now available on Steam. I went to the store page to check it out and the site says I don't own it. So I look at my game list and it says that I have "Galactic Arms Race (Test)."

I fear the worst. I made a thread here now that the forum is open.

foxhack.jpg

#949 cyrus386

cyrus386

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:09 PM

Can someone in the know please make sense of the Magic 2014 Gold Complete edition for me? I think I want it, but I want to be sure.  I don't care about foil conversions, but any gameplay enhancements are well worth having, especially since Krugozor has it for $5.50.  It appears there are some sealed deck elements that are not in the incomplete Gold version.

edit: I remember in previous versions of Magic some of the DLC would auto-unlock content that otherwise had to be earned, which ruined the progression of the game.  Would like to avoid that too.

#950 The Sifu

The Sifu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:19 PM

Can someone in the know please make sense of the Magic 2014 Gold Complete edition for me? I think I want it, but I want to be sure.  I don't care about foil conversions, but any gameplay enhancements are well worth having, especially since Krugozor has it for $5.50.  It appears there are some sealed deck elements that are not in the incomplete Gold version.

edit: I remember in previous versions of Magic some of the DLC would auto-unlock content that otherwise had to be earned, which ruined the progression of the game.  Would like to avoid that too.

I fear that the Complete pack is the same in the 2014 version as well, unlocking everything before you get a chance to earn it in game.  The one nice thing is that Steam now allows you to "turn off" DLC's you don't want, but I'd rather get the cheaper Gold version and not have to worry about micro-managing over 40 pieces of DLC content.

Also, the additional Sealed Slot packs don't appear to be included in the Complete version, so if you're interested, you'd still have to buy those separately.

Posted Image

#951 Dr Sasquatch

Dr Sasquatch

Trivial Hirsute

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:33 PM

Do not get Gold Complete. The Gold has everything you could conceivably want. The sealed slots are a horrid way to try to get more money out of customers, and you most likely will be tired of playing sealed way before you are done with your first slot. 

Also, here is the link for the mods for that game, which include a deck builder and custom decks and such. Just be aware that once you start modding, you can only play against people using the same mods.

#952 cyrus386

cyrus386

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:35 PM

I fear that the Complete pack is the same in the 2014 version as well, unlocking everything before you get a chance to earn it in game.  The one nice thing is that Steam now allows you to "turn off" DLC's you don't want, but I'd rather get the cheaper Gold version and not have to worry about micro-managing over 40 pieces of DLC content.

Also, the additional Sealed Slot packs don't appear to be included in the Complete version, so if you're interested, you'd still have to buy those separately.

Do not get Gold Complete. The Gold has everything you could conceivably want. The sealed slots are a horrid way to try to get more money out of customers, and you most likely will be tired of playing sealed way before you are done with your first slot. 

Also, here is the link for the mods for that game, which include a deck builder and custom decks and such. Just be aware that once you start modding, you can only play against people using the same mods.

Awesome, thanks guys!

#953 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:43 PM

Look at what just popped up on SteamDB...

http://steamdb.info/sub/43073/apps/

Any DLC to be wary of, like the Bloodsucker move DLC from the previous game? (yes, I know it can be modded out in the 3rd)

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#954 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:49 PM

and Wolfenstein (a new release) costs 4 less surveys than Age of Mythology, which makes no sense to me.

In terms of quality... it does make sense. Otherwise, no.

Oh yeah, now bring it on down to $9.99!

New trailer out for the BL pre-sequel, albeit the Bollywood-type moon dance number is kinda awkward:

As big a fan as I am, it's going to take a pretty incredible pre-order deal for me to bite until it's cheap. The low-grav could be fun and the vehicles might be good for a laugh, but I'm a bit put off by the fact that Gearbox isn't doing it in-house and the trailers haven't exactly been homeruns. 

76561197971332172.png

#955 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:49 PM

Any DLC to be wary of, like the Bloodsucker move DLC from the previous game? (yes, I know it can be modded out in the 3rd)

You can disable dlc now

#956 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

The Galactic Arms Race dev just confirmed that old owners will get the game. Eventually.

Uh yeah, we are gonna try to work that out with Valve. They gave us a new App ID when the game got Greenlighted. Gonna see if migrating the keys we gave out over to the new App ID is possible.

But, it is the exact same game no difference. It kinda sucks though because I don't think the achieves will be public for the test version. ;(

Yay!

foxhack.jpg

#957 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:25 PM

Looks like I will be finally picking up SRIV soon.

Dead Rising 3 on PC is official and coming this summer.

edit: Store Page

I am probably in the minority but I enjoy the Dead Rising games quite a bit.  I've just been playing through DR2: OTR on pc this past week for the first time.  I knew this one would eventually make its way to pc despite them saying it wouldn't initially.  I'll probably get this during the winter sale when it will have a big discount.

#958 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:25 PM

Thanks, both of you.  Used to play M:tG way back in the mid 90's and then got back in this winter when my son started playing with friends from school.  I know the video game version is a shadow of actually playing the game (card selection, deck construction, etc) but figured it'd still be fun to try.  Saved me $5 from going all out with the "best" looking one.

Guess I wasn't paying attention during previous Enemy Within sales.  No biggie, I'll wait for Steam Summer Sale and burn through some GabeN Funbux then.

Backlog Alphabet: Working my backlog A to Z [Blog Updated on Jan 28 - New Final Entry, Now With The Letter Z!]

#959 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:10 PM

So if I'm looking for a fun card game to play with someone would you guys recommend MTG or that Hearthstone thing I see people talking about?  Or are they even similar?  I know nothing about card games really, but figured if there's a free option that is good, it can save me some money.  Also, do any or both of these require good graphic cards or can they run on crappy/older ones?

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#960 Klawd

Klawd

Beware my power!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:19 PM

Looks like I will be finally picking up SRIV soon.

I am probably in the minority but I enjoy the Dead Rising games quite a bit.  I've just been playing through DR2: OTR on pc this past week for the first time.  I knew this one would eventually make its way to pc despite them saying it wouldn't initially.  I'll probably get this during the winter sale when it will have a big discount.

I am probably in the minority as I haven't played a Dead Rising game really.  My friend had it on his 360 and I tried it for a few minutes.  Looks cool, would like to try one.  So, I am excited for DR3 coming to PC.  

• dfg likes this

76561198088586872.png