Trading Hobbies for a Baby - Get your Comics/Games here!

SpiderLocMTGO

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
See below for my intro post - since I'm sure you're here for games (and COMICS! hopefully O:) ) I'll post those up front, but if you care to do it, my personal story (and reason for the great purge of 2014) is below.

COMICS:

See attachment for a text list of a vast majority of my comics. I also have a grab bag available (see here for details). I'd rather sell to CAGers, so PM me and we can work out a deal, especially if you'd like to buy in bulk. I can also sell without the variants to lower the price if you're mostly interested in reading some good stories. If you're interested in buying a bunch, I can go as low as $1 a copy, and make sure everything you buy comes with its complete story. Let me know what series/characters you like and I can make sure you get something you love :)

If you want specific comics from the list, please let me know what you're looking for and we can work out a deal. Just to make sure I'm clear, the $1/copy applies to the runs as listed above.

GAMES:

:ps3: PS3:

***Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Fate of Two Worlds Arcade Fightstick: Tournament Edition***

***HORI Playstation 3 PS3/PC Soulcalibur V Arcade Stick/Fightstick**

**Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Set (from Amazon Warehouse - the box is rather badly damaged, but all the soundtracks/games/accessories/figure are undamaged; I haven't used the codes, but YMMV on which ones work)**

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (Vita cross-buy used)

Uncharted 3 (Sealed)

Uncharted 2 (game of the year, sealed)

Mass Effect 3: N7 Edition (bought from Amazon Warehouse Deals - I haven't used the codes, but YMMV on whether they work)

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Mortal Kombat: Complete Edition

Battlefield 3 (sealed)

Heavy Rain (greatest hits version with Move support, sealed)

Soul Calibur V collector's edition (the game is sealed, the code is unused)

Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition

Personal Stuff:

Hello fellow CAGers,

I used to frequent the forums quite a bit, but have slowly been leaving gaming (and my other love, comics) bit by bit, and now it is time for me to do a grand purge of what I have built up over the years. I'm holding onto a few things with sentimental value of course, but I want to get rid of the 'stuff' I have. Unfortunately, the process has been sped up by a series of unfortunate events. (Feel free to skip the next paragraph if you don't care for tl;dr personal stories.)

Last year, after years of 'making sure we were ready' and then a long time of trying and failing to get pregnant, the magic finally happened. My wife was pregnant, and we were ecstatic. We weren't going to tell anyone early on except my mom and her sister, as we didn't want too much attention and wanted to celebrate in private. The first few doctor appointments were routine - it was too early to see much, but her hormone levels were where they were supposed to be. However, at first what they thought they saw as the beginnings of the pregnancy were just dots on the ultrasound, and never grew. We were disappointed as we were looking forward to starting a family, but they scheduled a few follow-up visits to make sure they didn't miss anything. On the follow-up visits the doctor was concerned as they still couldn't see anything, but her hormone levels continued to rise. It turned out that the pregnancy was ectopic, and ruptured, requiring surgery and a week-long stay in the hospital while she recovered. Due to the location of the rupture, attempts to get pregnant again carry a high risk of another rupture, and we have decided it is not worth the risk to try again. This took a huge emotional toll on both of us, and over the past few months we have taken the time to recover and start working towards the process to begin an adoption. This is something we were already looking into before the pregnancy, but weren't sure of the details. I've started digging into the specifics, and realized that the costs of adoption will be much more, at least up-front, than having a baby. While we could depend on my wife's stellar health coverage for her pregnancy, the birth, and aftercare, that won't be the case with adoption. I've done a lot of work to get our budget up to snuff, made sure we're putting plenty of money into savings, and cutting out unnecessary expenses, but it is still horrifying.
So, I started the purge by selling off some old games on eBay, but I'm looking at getting rid of the 6 long boxes and several short boxes of comics I have. I'd prefer to do it by lots if at all possible - I know plenty of people just like to get good stories about characters they love (I'm in this camp!) so it'd be cool if I could sell it by 'story arc'. My idea would be, if you like X-Men for example, you could ask for X amount of story arcs worth of comics, and I could pick some at random from that category. That way I can clear out my garage and you can get what you love without too much fuss, and it would make it cheaper for everyone. Of course, if there's something on your list you can't live without, let me know and we can work out a deal. I've uploaded an export of what I have cataloged - most everything is in NM condition or a little lower, but older stuff is generally going to show its age. Most of the books are bagged/boarded, but some (mostly older books) only have bags. Please post or shoot me a PM if you're interested in anything; I won't be on much tonight, but I'll check in throughout the day tomorrow. I also have quite a few variant/signed/graded comics that mostly aren't listed in the list - I'll post some of those in the next few days, and may put up some bundles that include them as part of the deal!

EDIT: I forgot the "GAMES!" bit! I have quite a few 'last gen' and some old-school games I'm letting go. They're mostly in my parents' garage, so I'll have to go pick them up, but I'll list them here as soon as I have them!

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 for the adoption! My mom is head of an adoption agency, lots of kids that deserve a chance out there!!!!

Not much in the mood for comics, but games? yea I like them

Hey guys,

I have a lot of stuff to go through as you can see... to try to help move things along, I have put together a bundle on eBay - I would prefer to sell to other CAGers, so if anyone is interested, please let me know. If you'd like to buy in bulk, or want regular comics without the variants, please let me know and we can work something out! I also brought home my PS3 games and will list those momentarily, and will be adding Dreamcast/Xbox/360/N64 games tomorrow.

EDIT: PS3 games are now added! I also added my arcade sticks. Feel free to send me an offer for anything you like and we can work something out. I will update with prices later on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump - posting more stuff tomorrow (went to the parents' to find most of the stuff was moved to storage from their garage) --- but check out the PS3 games/accessories! and if anyone is interested in the comics, please let me know. I have more than I know what to do with.

bread's done
Back