YMMV Target Wii DS 3DS VITA PS3 Xbox 360 Shovelware $5

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 Zantra

Zantra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:45 AM

I found a selection of older games in the $1 to $3 dollar section at my local Target store. Lots of Shovelware but a few decent titles for 5 bucks. The ones that I can remember are...
Wii: Game Party
DS: An RTS game that I can't remember the name of, but it looked crappy, and Spectrobes: Beyond the portals collectors edition
3DS: A lot of shovelware, nothing worth mentioning at my store. A few licensed movie games.
VITA: Unit 13 and Little Deviants.
PS3: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Assassin's Creed 2, and a few of those drawing pad games like the marvel one.
Xbox 360: Similar to the PS3 selection, with some added Kinect shovelware. The other games were an old madden game, the swimming game with that famous olympic diver, the Victorious game, and an old Forza game.

I got the Spectrobes game. Since I like the series. I know that the online doesn't work for the game, and the majority of games were Wii and DS games, probably because of that fact.

#2 srac84

srac84

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:50 AM

i hope this turns out to be nation wide like the buy 1 get 1 but un advertised...id prob pick up little deviants for 3 dollars for the vita :P

#3 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Germany 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:54 AM

I found a selection of older games in the $1 to $3 dollar section at my local Target store. Lots of Shovelware but a few decent titles for 5 bucks. The ones that I can remember are...
Wii: Game Party
DS: An RTS game that I can't remember the name of, but it looked crappy, and Spectrobes: Beyond the portals collectors edition
3DS: A lot of shovelware, nothing worth mentioning at my store. A few licensed movie games.
VITA: Unit 13 and Little Deviants.
PS3: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Assassin's Creed 2, and a few of those drawing pad games like the marvel one.
Xbox 360: Similar to the PS3 selection, with some added Kinect shovelware. The other games were an old madden game, the swimming game with that famous olympic diver, the Victorious game, and an old Forza game.

I got the Spectrobes game. Since I like the series. I know that the online doesn't work for the game, and the majority of games were Wii and DS games, probably because of that fact.

What part of the store? In the electronics section on in the front with the cheap stuff?

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Updated List- Come Buy My Stuff Cheap!

#4 Zantra

Zantra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:55 AM

They were all 5 bucks, despite being in the 3 dollar section. Though, you can use the 20% off cartwheel coupon on PS3 and Xbox 360 Assassin's Creed games to get Assassin's Creed 2 for $3 (probably). I already have the game, so I didn't bother trying to see if it would work.

#5 Zantra

Zantra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:57 AM

What part of the store? In the electronics section on in the front with the cheap stuff?

The 1 to 3 dollar section. In most Target stores it is found in the very front by the carts and cash registers. In two story Targets, it depends.

#6 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:07 AM

wait there's two story targets??? I never knew what my life was missing until now.

#7 TimPV3

TimPV3

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:08 AM

Any chance you could post a DPCI? I'd guess these have new barcode stickers over the backs, at least Target.com says Little Deviants isn't carried in store.

#8 Zantra

Zantra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:14 AM

There are three that I know of. 2 two story Targets in San Francisco, and 1 in San Bruno. They are pretty cool, and carry higher end stuff than normal Targets.

#9 genesis49

genesis49

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:15 AM

I've found them in the front area near the doors. I only ever bought prince of Persia 3ds though

#10 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:15 AM

wait there's two story targets??? I never knew what my life was missing until now.

I don't shop very much at Target, but in FL we have Super Targets that are enormous Targets on steroids.

1gb4.png

#11 Zantra

Zantra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:16 AM

Any chance you could post a DPCI? I'd guess these have new barcode stickers over the backs, at least Target.com says Little Deviants isn't carried in store.

I only bought Spectrobes, and I am not currently at home. But I will upload a pic to this thread when I am at my computer.

#12 Zantra

Zantra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:20 AM

I don't shop very much at Target, but in FL we have Super Targets that are enormous Targets on steroids.

That's one of the reasons that I loved living in Florida. The super Targets and Walmarts.

#13 TheCochese

TheCochese

I make things out of wood

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:26 AM

You should see the Target in SoMa (SF).

#14 Zantra

Zantra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:37 AM

That one is good, but the new one on Geary has a bigger games section, and a whole isle dedicated to Skylanders.

#15 Zantra

Zantra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:43 AM

I only bought Spectrobes, and I am not currently at home. But I will upload a pic to this thread when I am at my computer.

I was dumb and unwrapped the game while I was shopping to look at the cool Spectrobes cards that come with the game. And, without thinking, I tossed the plastic wrapper with the price tag in the trash. But, I can tell you the code on the receipt. It rang up as MISC 234010015 VIDEO GAME. I would assume that they all ring up this way, since the all had the same $5 tag pasted over the original barcode of the games.

#16 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:43 AM

well the largest target in the country I believe is in Birmingham, Alabama with a store size of 191,000 square feet or almost 4.5 acres under roof

#17 TheCochese

TheCochese

I make things out of wood

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:44 AM

That one is good, but the new one on Geary has a bigger games section, and a whole isle dedicated to Skylanders.

I stayed at the IC last year and that one was within walking distance.

#18 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Germany 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:59 AM

Yes there is one in the east side of Cleveland. Its Fuck en crazy.

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Updated List- Come Buy My Stuff Cheap!

#19 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:00 AM

My Target doesn't do clearance on games. T___T

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#20 Sky Ray

Sky Ray

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:00 AM

Dude your missing out a lot, we have three-story Targets here in SoCal.

33c9dz8.jpg

#21 Bobby's Universe

Bobby's Universe

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:55 AM

Dude your missing out a lot, we have three-story Targets here in SoCal.

I've lived in SoCal my whole life...where are they hiding these 3-story Targets?
Currently Playing
:wiiu: Disney Infinity (thanks to the free digital copy + stuff from my ps3 purchase of the game)
:wii: Scarface The World Is Yours
:3ds: Pokemon X...gotta catch em all
:ps3: Battlefield 3 (get some!!!!!)

#22 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RAPADOOOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:00 AM

It's called the Dollar Spot. /formeremployee I didn't see this on my last visit, but will check tomorrow.

#23 Zantra

Zantra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:04 AM

The games at the Davis target were stuck on the bottom shelf near the back of the display. I thought that somebody had just stuffed a game there, but when I reached down to look closer. I saw a big pile of games haphazardly stacked on top of each other. Similar to the way that games are stacked on clearance in the electronics section.

#24 Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

All you need is Duane and Wal-Mart® Ranch Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:10 AM

Usually found at Targets that anchor malls.

sXccgoQ.gif771291726.gif?1368801226j5IniQc.gif

Get A Free Xbox One! Join the CAGs Referral Conga Line Super easy and it works!

If you want to be awesome, like Duane, you'd do it!

Currently playing: Big Rigs :pc:, Charlie's Angels  :gc:, Aquaman :gc:, Drake of the 99 Dragons :xbox:,

#25 Bobby's Universe

Bobby's Universe

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:17 AM

Usually found at Targets that anchor malls.

Yeah I've been to one like this (im not sure if it was the brea or westminster mall)
Currently Playing
:wiiu: Disney Infinity (thanks to the free digital copy + stuff from my ps3 purchase of the game)

#26 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:26 AM

Come on people, lets talk about our finds, not the size of our Targets.

I'll have to hit up some Targets tomorrow and see if I can find those Vita games. If so I'll return the copies I picked up at Best Buy today.

#27 Zantra

Zantra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:28 AM

The selection probably varies store to store. Most games had a single copy on sale. I didn't see any doubles except for the drawing pad games for PS3 and Xbox 360.

#28 Bobby's Universe

Bobby's Universe

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:38 AM

Why? Are you scared that the size of my Target is bigger than your little, tiny, Target?
Currently Playing

#29 Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

All you need is Duane and Wal-Mart® Ranch Wings

• CAGiversary!

I'll have to hit up some Targets tomorrow and see if I can find those Vita games. If so I'll return the copies I picked up at Best Buy today.

My Target's bigger than yours. Wanna compare?

sXccgoQ.gif771291726.gif?1368801226j5IniQc.gif

Get A Free Xbox One! Join the CAGs Referral Conga Line Super easy and it works!

If you want to be awesome, like Duane, you'd do it!

Currently playing: Big Rigs :pc:, Charlie's Angels  :gc:, Aquaman :gc:, Drake of the 99 Dragons :xbox:,

#30 Sky Ray

Sky Ray

I've lived in SoCal my whole life...where are they hiding these 3-story Targets?

Glendale Galleria and I think it was the Westminster too.

33c9dz8.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: YMMV, Target, Wii, DS, 3DS, VITA, PS3, Xbox 360, Shovelware, $5