YMMV Target Wii DS 3DS VITA PS3 Xbox 360 Shovelware $5

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#31 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:42 AM

Yes there is one in the east side of Cleveland. Its Fuck en crazy.

That one's never really impressed me. It's only two levels because of space constraints

#32 Zantra

Zantra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:46 AM

I used to work at a Macy's that was 7 stories, and we had 9 stories of stock rooms. It was a nightmare to restock that store. We had 5 trucks of merchandise a day. And, 12 trucks during the holiday season.

#33 TheCochese

TheCochese

I make things out of wood

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:48 AM

That one's never really impressed me. It's only two levels because of space constraints

That's kinda the basis for most multiple story buildings.

#34 ctclements

ctclements

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:51 AM

I got Lego star wars 3 for the 3ds for $6.

#35 ProfessorMicro

ProfessorMicro

Dark Lord of the Sith

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:55 AM

I got Lego star wars 3 for the 3ds for $6.

But how big was your Target store?

"You cannot hide from what you once were, Revan! Recognize that you were once the Dark Lord—and know that I have taken your place!"

#36 LLeopardGGecko

LLeopardGGecko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:59 AM

I only bought Spectrobes, and I am not currently at home. But I will upload a pic to this thread when I am at my computer.

I'm totally checking Target tomorrow for Spectrobes. And just to confirm: This was found in the front of the store with the dollar stuff?

#37 Zantra

Zantra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:04 AM

I'm totally checking Target tomorrow for Spectrobes. And just to confirm: This was found in the front of the store with the dollar stuff?

Yes. The dollar section. The dollar section at my store seems to have become the $3 dollar and "as seen on TV" section. But, the sign says $1-$3.

#38 TimPV3

TimPV3

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:11 AM

I was dumb and unwrapped the game while I was shopping to look at the cool Spectrobes cards that come with the game. And, without thinking, I tossed the plastic wrapper with the price tag in the trash. But, I can tell you the code on the receipt. It rang up as MISC 234010015 VIDEO GAME. I would assume that they all ring up this way, since the all had the same $5 tag pasted over the original barcode of the games.

The DPCI 234-01-0015 was all we need to see if these are in stock, thanks!

I would probably edit the OP to include that as well.

#39 Richter

Richter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:18 AM

wait there's two story targets??? I never knew what my life was missing until now.

yep, there is one near me in San Diego

the Glendale, CA Target has get this......................three floors

#40 LLeopardGGecko

LLeopardGGecko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:41 AM

Anyone care to point me in the direction of a current Target DCPI checker? I've Googled and all I find are dead links.

#41 batman1939

batman1939

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:13 AM

I sent this to Shipwreck a while ago but didn't think it was that big of a deal. And I go to multiple Targets so not sure which one I took this at, I want to say Brea.

#42 Zantra

Zantra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:46 AM

That's a better selection than the games at my Target. It was pretty picked over. It's a miracle that I found Spectrobes. The Spectrobes series is a great Disney game franchise. It may borrow from Pokemon in some ways, but it is very entertaining.

#43 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:17 PM

I've personally seen these in two places, in some stores they are in "The Spot" when you first walk in (that place with all the cheap crap).  I've also seen them in electronics, but only in stores that didn't have a "The Spot" area - or stores that insist on putting a plastic prison on every game regardless of price.

Only notable one I've seen is Singularity for PS3 for $5.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#44 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:26 PM

I'd definitely pick up Lego Star Wars 3 for 3DS if I happened to see it, but not sure when I'm gonna get back to Target anytime soon.

#45 duderanch

duderanch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:58 PM

My store just had a few lousy titles, like Generator Rex and Guitar Hero: Aerosmith.

#46 ctclements

ctclements

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:32 PM

But how big was your Target store?

Super Target, all one floor.  Sorry I forgot to add that piece of information.

#47 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:37 PM

I saw de blob 2 for the ps3. Would've loved to get the vita games. Alas. It wasn't there

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#48 LLeopardGGecko

LLeopardGGecko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:24 PM

Dropped by one of my Targets and the titles were garbage. I'll check another store tomorrow.

#49 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:19 PM

wait there's two story targets??? I never knew what my life was missing until now.

Capitol heights in Washington, D.C. Two stories and even has an escalator for carts. You heard me right. An escalator just for carts.

#50 Bobby's Universe

Bobby's Universe

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:25 PM

Capitol heights in Washington, D.C. Two stories and even has an escalator for carts. You heard me right. An escalator just for carts.

Woah an escalator for carts? I thought i read that wrong jk That's common for 2 story Targets...
Currently Playing :wiiu: SM3DW & Mario Kart 8) 4 player couch madnezz!!!

:wii: Scarface The World Is Yours

#51 Zantra

Zantra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:46 PM

IKEA has cart escalators. They are very snazzy.

#52 DetectiveConanA113

DetectiveConanA113

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:09 AM

I have nothing to add to this conversation other than my area is so ghetto that when the walmart nearby was built about 8 years back, everyone was absolutely in awe of the cart escalators (including me lol).

Also, there's a giant super target a few towns over. You can fit a super walmart & two regular walmarts in there. :P

#53 The Prize Fighter Inferno

The Prize Fighter Inferno

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:56 AM

I picked up Elite Beat Agents. Not bad for $5.

#54 TimPV3

TimPV3

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:35 AM

Had an employee pull up the DPCI, and though it said they're carried at my store, there were none in stock. 

#55 Zantra

Zantra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:11 AM

Well if this has been going for a month in multiple stores, I guess that it is safe to assume that this is nationwide. And, something that Target is doing to older games from now on.

#56 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:49 PM

My closest Target had a few games that were part of this a month or so ago up front in the Dollar section.  It's gone now, but when it was there, I picked up a copy of Who Wants to be a Millionaire :360: for $5.  Not a terrible price for a mediocre game that she seems to be liking.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#57 Zantra

Zantra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:28 PM

That's how I feel. These games weren't worth $60 when they were released. But, you could probably play them, and flip them to a store that sells used games. $5 for a mediocre game isn't a terrible deal. Especially when you can flip some of them to get your $5 back.

#58 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:05 PM

Flower Mound, TX has some of these $5 games in their "dollar spot".  They had a single copy of Deus Ex, Kane & Lynch 2, Elite Beat Agents and Virtua Tennis 4 among some other DS shovel ware.  

#59 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Germany 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:43 PM

there was jack shit at the target I went to this afternoon. Must have been because it was only one floor.

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Updated List- Come Buy My Stuff Cheap!

#60 azstdogg

azstdogg

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:59 PM

Picked up Mass Effect 2 for PS3 for $5. I don't usually look in that section, so thanks OP. Single floor Target for those who are interested in that sort of thing.