GCU Best Buy Wii U

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#31 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:00 PM

wonder if you can  get mario kart, get $20 off sonic, and than use the coupon making it $14.

How would you swing the $20 off Sonic?  Even with GCU it's not that much of a discount.

http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#32 asgaga

asgaga

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:03 PM

http://www.bestbuy.c...6&type=category

this deal is still going on

#33 MetalGearHorus

MetalGearHorus

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:10 PM

wonder if you can  get mario kart, get $20 off sonic, and than use the coupon making it $14.

I highly doubt you could get the extra ten off coupon, since it clearly states at the bottom "Cannot be combined with any other promotion" and Best Buy employees are [in my experience] sticklers for that sort of thing.

#34 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:29 PM

http://www.bestbuy.c...6&type=category

this deal is still going on

I see, thanks.

Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

#35 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:39 PM

Lol how long before it just goes to $60 permanently...

#36 Dr0p119

Dr0p119

Chief Red Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:31 PM

2 months.

#37 Linkslayer

Linkslayer

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:39 PM

There`s a few gems on sale to stack, free rentals, flips everythings covered
Zelda, Luigi, Deus Ex + a couple under $15 fillers
http://www.bestbuy.c...cat274600050017

Question about this...

I have an eye on that nintendoland/Luigi remote bundle.

It is listed under the wii u games category but it is not applying GCU on cart. Doubt the coupon will work on it.

If it does, then why GCU wouldn't?

#38 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:45 PM

Question about this...

I have an eye on that nintendoland/Luigi remote bundle.

It is listed under the wii u games category but it is not applying GCU on cart. Doubt the coupon will work on it.

If it does, then why GCU wouldn't?

GCU is games only.  Wiimotes aren't supposed to work on it.  There's a guy on here who says otherwise but all I know is I've never had any luck with it.

#39 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:01 PM

duck tales wii u at gamestop is 7$ base value so with this coupon, gcu and the usps coupon (if you found one) its under 5$. trade it in to gamestop with the make a wish 40% coupon and pur for 10.50$ :D
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#40 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:02 PM

Can those with GCU confirm if it's 20% off then $10 coupon, or $10 coupon first then 20% off?

#41 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:11 PM

Does this work on  used? Sucks I can't use it on Nintendoland, its clearanced at my Best Buy.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#42 frowninclown

frowninclown

Retail's for suckaz.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:17 PM

Just got back from one of my local BB's and to no luck the manager never even heard of what I was talking about. He ended up pricing me ten dollars off any way but the in-store price vs. online price was about 6 dollars difference, so I practically payed retail    anyway...When I got back to my office I called BB support and she said that their games division is such a mess she decided to throw me a 15$ gift card for the trouble..based off reading all of this though I might try a different best buy have them price match their website and then tell them to go find the coupon in their system.  :twoguns:

#43 11Rayos

11Rayos

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:25 PM

Can those with GCU confirm if it's 20% off then $10 coupon, or $10 coupon first then 20% off?

Once you check out and give your number, discount should be applied then tell them you have the coupon. That's what I would've done.

#44 mmanjj

mmanjj

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:30 PM

No way to use this online correct? Also who to ask for coupon? Hate bothering people for stuff like this specially based off of others experience here so far (not finding the coupon).

#45 Dr0p119

Dr0p119

Chief Red Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:42 PM

As far as I can tell usps coupon doesn't stack with GCU discount.

#46 asgaga

asgaga

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:13 PM

Made a copy and coupon worked but it doesn't stack with Mario kart 20 deal. Did get duck tales

#47 frowninclown

frowninclown

Retail's for suckaz.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:14 PM

Does this work on  used? Sucks I can't use it on Nintendoland, its clearanced at my Best Buy.

I wanted nintendoland too, but it got clearanced out at every best buy within 100 miles of me. So i just went to gamestop and got it used with the 20% off B-day coupon that stacked with my PUR.

#48 stevey22

stevey22

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:34 PM

Made a copy and coupon worked but it doesn't stack with Mario kart 20 deal. Did get duck tales

So you just printed it out on your own and it worked?

#49 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:46 PM

As far as I can tell usps coupon doesn't stack with GCU discount.

The USPS coupon and GCU do stack.  I used this combo (and a reward cert) when I purchased Mario Kart 8.

#50 stevey22

stevey22

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:48 PM

duck tales wii u at gamestop is 7$ base value so with this coupon, gcu and the usps coupon (if you found one) its under 5$. trade it in to gamestop with the make a wish 40% coupon and pur for 10.50$ :D

Were / how do I get that gamestop coupon. Looking to do the same thing.

#51 SativaSam

SativaSam

The Price of Evil

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:14 PM

Has anyone found out if you can do the $10 off deal online?

Now Playing...

:ps4: Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition    :xb1: Titanfall

PSN: needLEEr

XBL: needLEEr

Come check out my trade list! Dozens of new titles for PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, Vita, & more! Rare Games & Retro too!

#52 Dr0p119

Dr0p119

Chief Red Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:17 PM

The USPS coupon and GCU do stack. I used this combo (and a reward cert) when I purchased Mario Kart 8.

I stand corrected then.

#53 Link4prez

Link4prez

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:28 PM

I just went in to my BB store today and had no problem using the image of the coupon onmy phone. The clerk simply entered the digits below the bar code and then it discounted the $10 off the price. The coupon stacked with my Gamers Club Unlocked 20% off new games discount. I purchased three games separately using the code:

Super Mario 3D World @ $34 (55 - 10 - 9)

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze @ $32 (50 - 10 - 8)

Rayman Legends @ $24 (40 - 10 - 6)

#54 JohnnySucco

JohnnySucco

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:31 PM

So people have actually found this $10 coupon in store?  I went to a store in Appleton, WI and was given the run around for 30 minutes before I had to leave to get back to work.  Their manager claimed it must have been regional after looking at the local ad.  I said it was in the company news and not the ad to which they replied that they no longer have access to their employee news.   I just called customer support to verify that the stores are supposed to have this coupon.  The woman called over to a store in Jacksonville, FL and they did not have the coupon and searched the employee news and was unable to find this flyer.   He found the Call of Duty discount with Mario Kart but that was the only Wii U deal he found in it.

Can someone please provide more information on where this can be found so we can direct the employees at the stores who seem to be clueless?   Otherwise I would highly suggest that people do not waste their time trying to get in on this deal.   It is extremely YMMV for now.

#55 asgaga

asgaga

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:46 PM

just print a copy of the ad and cut out the coupon, thats all i did and it was accepted. just dont over explain it.

#56 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:49 PM

I just showed them my phone and they took the $10 off
grabbed Super Mario 3D World...
gonna go back Friday for DK

Gator%20Deve%2086.jpg

Currently Playing:

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8

#57 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:01 PM

Were / how do I get that gamestop coupon. Looking to do the same thing.

its too late. you had to make a 1$ or more donation at gamestops during late may to get one on your receipt
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#58 justins76

justins76

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:27 PM

I'm tempted to do this multiple days as I'm looking to get Mario 3D World and Tropcal Freeze. Not sure its worth the risk of banning since it'll be link to my GCU account.

#59 Link4prez

Link4prez

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:31 PM

I did it three times in separate transactions. Once at customer service to price match Mario 3D World and then two separate transactions at the regular checkout line. Obviously it is YMMV because the coupon does say one use per guest, but it seems likely that the employee won't really care if you use it again. As far as being banned by GCU, I think you're worrying too much. The chances of that seem incredibly slim since you are just taking advantage of a deal that BB is offering. Doesn't really seem like a ban worthy offense.

#60 ONIN

ONIN

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:35 PM

Thanks OP. Couldn't find the booklet in store but just used the photo on first post, no problem. Finally got DK.