Walmart Return Question

Link4prez

CAGiversary!
I have a quick question for anyone in the know. I recently purchased a Mario Kart Wii U console off of groupon. It is taking forever for them to fulfill the order and I'm sure it will be at least two weeks before it gets here. I don't have much free time this summer, so I was hoping to be able to enjoy the Wii U over the next couple weeks before things get too busy. Does anyone know if it would be possible for me to buy a Mario Kart Wii U console from Walmart, play it, and then once the groupon console gets here, return that console to Walmart? I understand the ethical implications here, and don't want this topic to turn into a question about the ethics of it. Instead, I simply want to know if Walmart would know that the Wii U came from groupon. Thanks for the help.

Alternatively, I am also wondering if Walmart would accept a return on the Wii U after it was already opened. So, lets say i decided to purchase one from Walmart, could I play that Wii U and then return it two weeks later when my Wii U from groupon gets there? or would the Wii U have to be unopened?

I have a quick question for anyone in the know. I recently purchased a Mario Kart Wii U console off of groupon. It is taking forever for them to fulfill the order and I'm sure it will be at least two weeks before it gets here. I don't have much free time this summer, so I was hoping to be able to enjoy the Wii U over the next couple weeks before things get too busy. Does anyone know if it would be possible for me to buy a Mario Kart Wii U console from Walmart, play it, and then once the groupon console gets here, return that console to Walmart? I understand the ethical implications here, and don't want this topic to turn into a question about the ethics of it. Instead, I simply want to know if Walmart would know that the Wii U came from groupon. Thanks for the help.
No because the serial number will be different

I haven't purchased a console in awhile, but typically consoles sold in stores have the serial codes scanned in at the register, so if you return it opened they will have to check the serial code on the system with the one on the receipt.

And if you plan on opening it, and playing it, make sure you return it within 15 days since that's their policy for video game consoles for a refund, but they're generally pretty picky depending on the Walmart, and might give you issues when you return it, but it's written on their return policy you can return it as long as it's within 15 days, so you should be alright.

"Video games hardware must be returned within 15 days of receipt."

Hmmmm okay then. So I guess the best option would be to buy the Wii U from Walmart and just use it to play games until the Groupon one gets here and then return the Walmart Wii U back to Walmart with the receipt. There shouldn't be any problem with this as long as I return it within 15 days?

Can't you cancel the groupon order? If you cant don't do it, games are different but your going to run into a completely different set of problems if you try and do it.

why would you waste a perfectly good wii u. Wal-Mart has a strict no reshelf policy everything that gets returned to Wal-Mart goes in the trash. and before anyone tries to give me grief over my statement I work for a trash company and have seen it for myself.  

why would you waste a perfectly good wii u. Wal-Mart has a strict no reshelf policy everything that gets returned to Wal-Mart goes in the trash. and before anyone tries to give me grief over my statement I work for a trash company and have seen it for myself.
An opened console that's returned doesn't get tossed in the trash.

Last edited by a moderator:
why would you waste a perfectly good wii u. Wal-Mart has a strict no reshelf policy everything that gets returned to Wal-Mart goes in the trash. and before anyone tries to give me grief over my statement I work for a trash company and have seen it for myself.
Wow. You have a PS4, XBone and Wii U? I'm sure people return these a few times a year.

OP, why not go to Rent-A-Center? That's the reason why it exists.

If its open AT ALL they will most likely not allow a return. Just an exchange. Especially if it comes with a game and you open the game.

I've seen many small items that were returns from Walmart at the flea market so I don't believe they are simply thrown away that easily.

bread's done
Back