Best Buy Ad 6/8-6/14

Konfusion

CAGiversary!
Feedback
93 (100%)
:ps4: :vita: Playstation 4 and PS Vita console Bundle (includes Borderlands 2 digital voucher and 8 GB card) - $559.98

:ps4: :xb1: Save $30 on Call of Duty: Ghosts with purchase of PS4 or XB1 console

:ps4: Bound By Flame - $39.99

:ps4: Infamous Second Son - $39.99

:ps4: :vita: :ps3: Playstation Plus 12 month card - $39.99

:xb1: Get $150 minimum toward a new Xbox One when you trade in select gaming consoles

Kinda hard for me to read the fine print on this, but it looks like you get a $50 coupon towards Xbox One when trading in "any working gaming console" plus a minimum $100 gift card when trading in a 250GB Xbox 360 or a Playstation 3 Slim.  Not available in all locations. Console must power on, not be damaged or have its warranty seal broken to be considered working. Condition, documentation, or accessories may affect value. Limit one coupon and trade in offer per person.

:xb1: Xbox One (No Kinect) - $399.99

:xb1: Titanfall - $44.99

:xb1: NBA 2k14 - $39.99

:xb1: Battlefield 4 - $39.99

:xb1: Forza 5 - $39.99

:xb1: Kinect Sports Rivals - $39.99

:xb1: Dead Rising 3 - $39.99

:xb1: Ryse - $39.99

:xb1: Wireless controller - $49.99

:xb1: MY BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE $20-$30 gift card with purchase of Turtle Beach XO4 or XO7 headset

Join Gamers Club Unlocked for only $60

Receive $10 in reward certificates when you preorder and purchase select games

Credit to bainbridge's_stache at Blu-ray.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, OP. You save roughly $40 on that PS4+Vita bundle, FYI.

Boy, with the "GCU for $60" repeatedly coming back, maybe BBY should make that the normal price. :roll:

not a bad price for the ps4/vita bundle although they could have been more aggressive with pricing or included a PS4 game as well as the vita game.

I would have done $550 with a year of PS+

Thanks OP! Good thing I dumped Infamous, and Titanfall yesterday. Hopefully the used price goes also goes on sale so I can use my B2G1 coupon.

not a bad price for the ps4/vita bundle although they could have been more aggressive with pricing or included a PS4 game as well as the vita game.

I would have done $550 with a year of PS+
Use a 10% mover's coupon and get $56 off.

Use a 10% mover's coupon and get $56 off.
Looks like they will be announcing the bundle at e3.
The PS4/Vita bundle is 2 separate SKUs, so doesn't look like an official bundle and I'm guessing you wouldn't get $56 off with a 10% coupon. Maybe $40 off.

I'm guessing if they had an official bundle to announce at E3, they wouldn't ruin the surprise by putting it in an ad that comes out days before the event.

A lot of games to price match at target and get 15 off when buying a pre order card :p will prob be picking up infamous at target for 25.99 then (39.99-15 + 1 dollar pre order card)

A lot of games to price match at target and get 15 off when buying a pre order card :p will prob be picking up infamous at target for 25.99 then (39.99-15 + 1 dollar pre order card)
This makes Bound By Flame a little more attractive at the same $25.99 price point, but I can still hold off on it.

I'll have to see if they'll give you that Turtle Beach deal if you price match. I would consider buying the XO Four headset if I got the $20 gift card AND I could get them for the $80 Amazon has them at. Then there's the part of me that says this is a stock-clearing sale because those headsets weren't great and the replacements are about to come out.

The important thing: Do either of the XO models work on the PC?

Limit of 1 coupon and trade in offer per person.
That's dumb.

Also, the way they word it...it says on the ad that you get a minimum of $150 from select consoles. Does that mean if you do the 250-GB 360, yo uget the $50 AND the $100? That's what it sounds like to me. My brother-in-law has a 4-GB 360, and he's looking at getting on One this summer. It might be worth it for him to try to get a used 250-GB 360 HDD somewhere, then trade his 360 in for the extra $100 in credit.

That, and my little brother wants a One, and he has a 250-GB 260...if trading it in means $150 towards it, then he might get it as well.

So that $150 is extra on top of whatever value the 250GB 360 or 250GB PS3 is?

EDIT: Just checked the values. 250GB Slim PS3 trades in for $31. 320GB Slim for $97. 500GB GT5 Bundle for $55.

250GB S 360 for $71 (all bundles are this price). 320GB S 360 for $14  -$71.

With the $150 it'll be $164 - $221 towards an Xbox One. idk, not that great of a deal unless you have the 320GB Slim PS3. But values might change.

Also, the way they word it...it says on the ad that you get a minimum of $150 from select consoles. Does that mean if you do the 250-GB 360, yo uget the $50 AND the $100? That's what it sounds like to me.
Yes. That is what it sounds like to me. $50 coupon for any working console assuming it is listed in their trade in program as well as minimum $100 gift card if it is a 250GB 360 or PS3 Slim. I'm not sure if you get a lower gift card if it's any other system or if you only get the coupon for something like a fat 360.

So that $150 is extra on top of whatever value the 250GB 360 or 250GB PS3 is?
That is not what it sounds like to me, but who knows. I can't really tell for sure from the ad.

Man I love the PS+ and Dead Rising price. Glad I held off on DR3 from Gamefly.

Now if I could just get a good Xbox Live price.

Probably gonna pick up Forza and 2K14 at Target for 26. Does anyone know if you price will you be able to use the 5% from the red card? Just curious, I'd be using my credit from the triple tiv. :p

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/04/amazon-leaks-playstation-4vita-ultimate-player-edition-bundle

box.jpg

Would like to do the trade in since I have some consoles I want to get rid of but dont know if they are available for this offer(Since I want to get an XBOX ONE) I have the Nintendo DSi XL(Bronze), Nintendo DS Lite(Pink) and the PSP 1000

So I was trying to figure out this deal... the $150 is minimum?   or is it a max?

Really confusing so I thought I'd google around and see if anyone else is talking about it.   Then I found this article from last month.

http://bgr.com/2014/04/24/best-buy-xbox-one-offer/

Trade in a console (360 or PS3) and get $50 coupon + $50 giftcard towards a XB1.   So I take this to mean if you trade in a $11 console, your getting $111 total towards a XB1.

This was last month, this actually might be what it sounds like ($150 minimum) towards an XB1.   This would basically be the same deal offered last month + a flat rate return for consoles.   $50 + $100 (older deal) for any console or $100 + $100 (older deal) for a higher tier 360/PS3.

It's a bit fuzzy when we know the higher tier 360/PS3 say they get $100 but you might be getting $200 total for those systems instead of the $150 that is minimum.

What do you guys think?   Are we looking at $150 off for any system and $200 for a higher tier 360/ps3?

If this was their deal a month ago, this wouldn't be a HUGE leap to offering a Flat Rate return price for consoles ($50-$100).   It's kind of a spin off of the electronic buyback program they had a while ago for Digital Cameras, MP3 players etc.

With the price drop of the XB1, this is a pretty dang good offer if you have some older consoles sitting around.

Probably gonna pick up Forza and 2K14 at Target for 26. Does anyone know if you price will you be able to use the 5% from the red card? Just curious, I'd be using my credit from the triple tiv. :p
5% off with RED Card is good on any item in the store, always.

So if they add the base value for a Xbox 360 250GB Slim Model

3NG-00012 ($31) plus the $150 towards an Xbox One thats $181 bucks for my Xbox!?

[attachment=5608:315778-500x333.jpg]

Nice PS4/Vita combo but I would like to see a PS4 game bundle as well. Hopefully something will be announced at E3.

Nope. You're gonna get $100 for it. Then of you buy an Xbox One you'll get $50 towards it. You don't get the $100 on top of the base.
That's still not a bad value though. Played my 360 twice since I got my ps4 back in November.

I meant to say price match, just realized my typo in your quote.

So if you price match you still get 5% off?
You don't get the 5% off unless you pay with the Red Card, at least in-store. So, if you price-match in-store, and use a gift card, then you won't get the 5% off. I tried this with the Target trade-in purchase. I price-matched come games, but you couldn't get the 5% unless you paid with the Red Card.

However, if you buy online (meaning no price match), you can get the 5%, change the payment option on the purchase, then use gift cards and get the 5%.

Nope. You're gonna get $100 for it. Then of you buy an Xbox One you'll get $50 towards it. You don't get the $100 on top of the base.
If I trade in my 500gb super slim ps3 for $55, would I get $100 with the bonus? Have no interest in xbox one and the gamestop rep told me the base was $100 for the ps3 but if its the same, i would much rather trade the console to best buy. Thanks.

If I trade in my 500gb super slim ps3 for $55, would I get $100 with the bonus? Have no interest in xbox one and the gamestop rep told me the base was $100 for the ps3 but if its the same, i would much rather trade the console to best buy. Thanks.
I would imagine $150 is the floor for you, so at worst, you'd get $5 less than you think. HOWEVER, I think you only get that credit if you get The Bone, so if you have no interest in it, this makes no sense for you.

I would imagine $150 is the floor for you, so at worst, you'd get $5 less than you think. HOWEVER, I think you only get that credit if you get The Bone, so if you have no interest in it, this makes no sense for you.
Hmmm...THey should word it better because im thinking i get $100 minimum or $150 if i put it towards an xbox one. Oh well, ill wait and see.

Hello everyone. I'm in need of some help. I'm gonna buy 2 PS4s next week and I'm in the GCU program. Is there anything I can do so I don't pay full price? What I mean is, I keep hearing of a 10% movers coupon. Any idea what that's about?

Hello everyone. I'm in need of some help. I'm gonna buy 2 PS4s next week and I'm in the GCU program. Is there anything I can do so I don't pay full price? What I mean is, I keep hearing of a 10% movers coupon. Any idea what that's about?
Coupon you find in USPS change of address forms. They include several stores/vendors that people who just moved would likely shop at. Bestbuy is one of them with 10% off a SINGLE item.

So if your buying 2 you'll need to do separate orders.

FYI, 10% off isn't a huge savings when you take into account taxes vs buying online without any (Ex: Amazon). Most sales tax ranges from 7-10.5% on items. Making the 10% savings almost mute (You still get rewards pts, plus helps get Elite/Elite+ status).

Coupon you find in USPS change of address forms. They include several stores/vendors that people who just moved would likely shop at. Bestbuy is one of them with 10% off a SINGLE item.

So if your buying 2 you'll need to do separate orders.

FYI, 10% off isn't a huge savings when you take into account taxes vs buying online without any (Ex: Amazon). Most sales tax ranges from 7-10.5% on items. Making the 10% savings almost mute (You still get rewards pts, plus helps get Elite/Elite+ status).
On that kind of purchase though, you're talking $40 in savings, and he'd get that twice. $80 isn't nothing, it coudl be an extra game or two (if he got $0 games).

True about the tax.im in California and it's 9.25% here. So it'll be a good idea to go get two coupons at the USPS and buy them in separate transactions. That way, I avoid the tax. Anything else that would be beneficial or it that about it?

bread's done
Back