california chrome risk the cash or not

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
thinking to putting  50 bucks down to show . but not sure if its worth     a   2 buck  to win 2.10  wager.

so i think  50 would  win    52.50   

nah  not worth the risk  

I still think he will  just come in 3rd by a nose. 

once again no triple crown

might just take the cash and put

20 each on   

ride on curlin

and

wicked strong   to  place 

i would pick  wicked to win it all  but the crowd noise is going to be a major factor

so  ride on     will probally be my pick  :)

Last edited by a moderator:
History is against him and it's not a money maker so why bet him?
that is why i went the other way ... dont see why people are betting on the horse.

2 buck wager should pull down if they win

WIN 2.40 to 2.20

Place 2.30 to 2.15

SHOW 2.25 to 2.05

i mean those % are so freaking small why even risk the cash

might just do a Tri

ride on

wicked

and

chrome

should pull down around 22 to 30 bucks if those 3 horse place that way

BUT cant remember if it would cost either 6 , 12 or 18 bucks to do a TRI ticket and get all of the settings on it .

But like i said im not even sure chrome will take 3rd. (i still say 3rd by a nose or even 4th) many people will be shocked

Don't you already have an unstable source of income?
always have cash for the ponies. Hell thinking of getting back into the job of picking the ponies. Used to do it back in the late 90s and made enough to make a living off it

Plus im just risking the money i made off the First race at the track

thinking of making   2     pick 3   1 buck  tickets.

one with chrome  one without

CHROME  LOOKS  EITHER  TIRED AS HELL OR SICK.....  look at his eyes   

still going with   wicked   and   ride on    not sure  do  Pick 3s  or just  pick the  3 horses to show 

loved how the owner came out crying   

its not fair its not fair   to allow fresh horses into the race.

Face it its been like that . It will always be like that.    Your horse  wouldnt won if it had  3 months off. the horse looked sick before it even entered the track.

loved how the owner came out crying

its not fair its not fair to allow fresh horses into the race.

Face it its been like that . It will always be like that. Your horse wouldnt won if it had 3 months off. the horse looked sick before it even entered the track.
I understand but the owner has a point----you can breed horses that are only good at long tracks like this and hold them out of the earlier two triple crown races so they're fresh for the Belmont.

You can't cherry pick entrants for a decathlon or triathlon, meaning entering the best sprinter and then switching him out for the best long distance runner and switching him out for the best pole vaulter, etc.

I get that this is how it's always been done but as long as it continues it is very unlikely you're going to ever see a triple crown winner every again because the horse breeders/owners/trainers can continue to just enter "shooters" who wouldn't stand a chance at the 1mile tracks but specialize in the 1.5 mile tracks.

I understand but the owner has a point----you can breed horses that are only good at long tracks like this and hold them out of the earlier two triple crown races so they're fresh for the Belmont.

You can't cherry pick entrants for a decathlon or triathlon, meaning entering the best sprinter and then switching him out for the best long distance runner and switching him out for the best pole vaulter, etc.

I get that this is how it's always been done but as long as it continues it is very unlikely you're going to ever see a triple crown winner every again because the horse breeders/owners/trainers can continue to just enter "shooters" who wouldn't stand a chance at the 1mile tracks but specialize in the 1.5 mile tracks.
people who run sits out races so they can run the bigger ones instead of the smaller ones.

the owner point is make the same horses run in all 3 races (meaning you cant bring in a new horse if the did not run the other 2)

they may of did that back in the 60s and 70s that is why you see in some the final race you only see 4 or 5 horses running instead of 10 to 12. and many found that boring. Plus everyone would win LOL pick 3 horses to come in 123 out of 4 most all would be able to do it.

if you sit down and read the horse times and other tracking info, horse racing is a very easy sport to get into and bet

then again i mostly just bet on the horses with the best names :)

bread's done
Back