Amazon - Call of Duty : Ghosts $19.99 XBox 360 / PS3

Good PM for Target and get the reservation card at the moment.
Isn't that for $15 off any $39.99 or more game? If so would this work? I have yet to do the stack at Target, even with past offers. Does it not matter the PM price and goes just off the current Target price to see if another $15 can be taken off?

You don't get the 20% on a price match. If someone is giving it to you, probably highly YMMV.

Multiplayer must be a dessert, it just keeps getting lower lol.
Still very busy on PS4. Activision is changing their model a bit -- they're relying more on DLC for revenue (see BLOPS II numbers) then they did with MW3 and earlier. Dropping the game's price and pushing DLC makes a lot of sense in that context.

I got rid of my hard copy of Ghosts when I bought the Download copy from Target on clearance and I haven't even opened that up. Shitty maps are a killer for me. I don't even play the SP campaign.

Still very busy on PS4. Activision is changing their model a bit -- they're relying more on DLC for revenue (see BLOPS II numbers) then they did with MW3 and earlier. Dropping the game's price and pushing DLC makes a lot of sense in that context.
They'll kill off their next game's player population if people start noticing that Call of Duty isn't holding its price as long. No reason to preorder/pay full price if you can wait a month and get the game closer to half off.

When people log on to their servers and the player population is lower than Ghosts' numbers (which were already abysmally low at times, I think we may see the death of a dead franchise.

They'll kill off their next game's player population if people start noticing that Call of Duty isn't holding its price as long. No reason to preorder/pay full price if you can wait a month and get the game closer to half off.

When people log on to their servers and the player population is lower than Ghosts' numbers (which were already abysmally low at times, I think we may see the death of a dead franchise.
I didn't say it was a good business model change. Just one that's obvious from their 10K's and revenue splits from MW2 -> BLOPS -> MW3 -> BLOPS II.

I'm playing the PS4 version and damn, these maps are goddamn huge. Granted, I'm not someone who plays CoD multiplayer often and the last one I played was Black Ops (and moreso MW2), but this felt crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm playing the PS4 version and , these maps are goddamn huge. Granted, I'm not someone who plays CoD multiplayer often and the last one I played was Black Ops (and moreso MW2), but this felt crazy.
Despite the large maps, the game will still spawn enemies right behind you instead of in some open area of the map. You have been warned. Lol. This game is cheap for a reason, but as I've mentioned in other threads, Extinction mode is really fun and the only great thing about this game.

Despite the large maps, the game will still spawn enemies right behind you instead of in some open area of the map. You have been warned. Lol. This game is cheap for a reason, but as I've mentioned in other threads, Extinction mode is really fun and the only great thing about this game.
What are your general impressions of the campaign?

Is there a significant difference for PS3/PS4 versions like in the case of AC4: BF?

Debating on whether I should buy one for the campaign, I actually always enjoyed COD campaigns without touching the MP.

What are your general impressions of the campaign?
I thought it was alright. Nothing really stood out to me, good or bad. I'm looking forward to the Advanced Warfare campaign because you play as one single character throughout the whole single player; I much prefer that than jumping from character to character. That may be just me though...

Extinction's a blast. Way better than Zombies.

Is there a significant difference for PS3/PS4 versions like in the case of AC4: BF?

Debating on whether I should buy one for the campaign, I actually always enjoyed COD campaigns without touching the MP.
PS4 is 1080p, 60 fps (although it dips badly at times), and has nicer textures. I don't think the upgrades are enough to warrant a next get purchase vs. a cheap PS3 copy. But there's also the Dualshock 4 to consider. It's a much, much better FPS controller than the DS3. I'd probably pop for the PS4 version just to use it vs. the DS3, but my distaste for the DS3 is borderline irrational.

You don't get the 20% on a price match. If someone is giving it to you, probably highly YMMV.
I meant price adjust - BB often follows suit when Amazon lowers a price for any length of time. Then we can use GCU just fine. I knew you couldn't double-dip with price match and GCU, I just chose my words poorly. Hopefully I've clarified my statement now.

Spawns have really improved since release.

bread's done
Back