• CAG in Training

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:57 PM

God of War Collection - PS Vita

#2 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:59 PM

Big god of war fan but not of this particular vita collection. I would be in for something that had the PSP games, GOW1 and GOW2 and perhaps GOW3 if they could get it to run on the Vita--but COO and Ghost of Sparta don't look/run/feel good on the Vita IMO. And let's face it GOW is a button mashing game that isn't really cut out for a touch screen like this.

But I got it for free via the PSN store glitch so I can't really complain. I suppose if you haven't played the games and really want to it's a good deal

#3 patsrule316

patsrule316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:07 PM

The only God of War game I;ve ever played was Chains of Olympus (I have PS4 and vita, but no PS3, PS2, or PSP) .  I asked my wife for this on my father's day wish list, but she hadn't picked it up yet.  Now, with GCU, its 16$ and i even had a left over $10 certificate.  So it wound up being $6 paid.  I'll take it.

Thanks for the heads up, OP!

#4 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:22 PM

I am a GOW fan and I don't agree with the above poster. (Gbastar)

This collection runs fine on the vita. I also own the psp GOW games and they play fantastic on the vita.

Touch screen controls are just about nonexistent, so that shouldn't be an issue for anybody.

#5 miyamotorola

miyamotorola

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:10 PM

I just wanna add that I am the God of War!

#6 lilman

lilman

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:40 PM

For $16 with GCU I'm in. Thanks op!

#7 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:11 AM

Wait, so this is only GoW 1 and 2?

Let's go O's!

#8 jvang117

jvang117

Hiro Nakamura \O.O/

• CAG in Training

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:15 AM

Wait, so this is only GoW 1 and 2?

Yep. That's it :(

#9 Edzo04

Edzo04

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:15 AM

I am a GOW fan and I don't agree with the above poster. (Gbastar)

This collection runs fine on the vita. I also own the psp GOW games and they play fantastic on the vita.

Touch screen controls are just about nonexistent, so that shouldn't be an issue for anybody.

Frame rate-wise it runs great. It has a lot of audio compression and graphical issues though. Also using the touch pad to open chests instead of a button is beyond pointless.