Hastings 30% Bonus Trade Value Promo B&M

jfh2c

CAGiversary!
Feedback
45 (100%)
Hastings is again running a 30% Trade In Bonus promotion this week. The ad says it works on XBox One, XBox 360, PS4, and PS3 games.

There are several games currently advertised as having a base TIV of $40, which would mean with the promo they get $52.

There is also this coupon, that gives a $10 bonus when you trade in 3 or more games. Meaning if you traded in 3 games with a base of $40 you could wind up with about $55 a piece for them.

Also, this week Hastings is giving away any game $59.99 or less with the purchase of an XBox One System. The ad only pictures the XBox One with Kinect for $499, but it's also likely that the promo would work with the new Kinectless XBO that comes out this week.

Here are the good TIVs that are advertised:

$40 Base TIV

Murdered Soul Suspect :xb1: :ps4:

Watch Dogs :xb1: :ps4: :ps3: :360:

Mario Kart 8 :wiiu:

Wolfenstein New Order :xb1: :ps4: :ps3: :360:

$30 Base TIV

Amazing Spiderman 2 :xb1: :ps4:

MLB 14 The Show :ps4: :ps3:

Fifa 14 World Cup :360: :ps3:

Murdered Soul Suspect :360: :ps3:

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you stacked the $10 additional credit coupon with this offer yourself?  I forgot to use it last Saturday but I assumed it wouldn't apply.

I haven't yet. It's probably YMMV as to whether or not they will take it, but generally with those coupons they scan it separately when they confirm you have traded in the required number of items. Then it adds a separate $10 credit to your gift card.

It basically works as its own separate transaction, so it's not stacking.

The only issue you might run into is catching an employee that adheres to the strict wording on the coupon. I will report back tomorrow after I complete my trades.

There is no way we can check values beforehand right? I wonder how much CoD Ghosts goes for on 360. Another question I have since Ive only traded into hastings once. Do they require a case? I would assume so.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my experience they require a case, but the cover art is YMMV. I've been able to trade some games without cover art, but I've had trouble with DS games from Gamestop.

Also, there's no way to check TIVs online. You could try calling, but as helpful as my Hastings staff tends to be I doubt you'd have much luck.

We could keep a running list here. Update the thread when you trade something in and I'll keep a running list in my second post.

Anybody trade in any of the games from the Target promo bonanza at Hastings yet?

I'm going to make a trip out to Murfreesboro tomorrow and try my luck. I really wish Hastings had more than 5 TIVs on their website.

Me too...how I have longed to just have access to my local Hasting's arcane, DOS-based POS system, and be able to (albeit slowly) search for values...I am sure they have some hidden gems in there that would be awesome to use for promos like this.  Maybe we could try to keep up some kind of database ala GS, but I doubt Hasting's is widespread enough among CAG's to be contributed to much.  

Here's a question to any of you who maybe have already used this bonus 30% thing they've had for the last few weeks.  Did it auto apply in the computer, or is it one of those stupid things where they have to scan a coupon?

.I am sure they have some hidden gems in there that would be awesome to use for promos like this.
I remember back when they ran a $25 bonus when you traded in 5 or more games, Mad World on the Wii was getting like $8 base and was selling for like $3 a Gamestop. That was a fun one that I accidentally stumbled upon just trying to find a cheap random game to be my 5th.

I'll know more about the promo tomorrow, but hopefully others here have some info. I live about 45 min away from the closest Hastings, so I haven't gotten out there yet.

Me too...how I have longed to just have access to my local Hasting's arcane, DOS-based POS system, and be able to (albeit slowly) search for values...I am sure they have some hidden gems in there that would be awesome to use for promos like this. Maybe we could try to keep up some kind of database ala GS, but I doubt Hasting's is widespread enough among CAG's to be contributed to much.

Here's a question to any of you who maybe have already used this bonus 30% thing they've had for the last few weeks. Did it auto apply in the computer, or is it one of those stupid things where they have to scan a coupon?
99.99999% of my trade-in bonus experiences have been coupon-based.

Man, I always forget how much I hate going into hastings, but they remind me pretty quick. Took my 7 games in, and they told me it would take a couple hours to get to them and they would call me when they are done. No one was working on any of the stuff that was sitting in front of mine, so in reality it could be literally forever before they get to mine. I'll update and let y'all know how it goes.

bread's done
Back