Wii U carrying bag?

It's really too bad they aren't marketing one of these around the release of the game you'd be most likely to pack up your system to bring to a friend's house, Mario Kart 8.

http://www.amazon.com/Wii-System-Controller-Carrying-M06015-Nintendo/dp/B00B9GXCTK

I'm sure this is the same bag on Amazon, and the first review really turned me off.

Meanwhile, thanks everyone else for checking their area. I guess the Wii U has been doing so badly that nobody has felt the need to manufacture more of them, or any new ones...

I'm sorry to say that I'm pretty sure the bag was clearanced out forever ago. I got it for $7. It is the best bag for the Wii U imo BUT, I can tell you what I was planning on doing until I got that bag.

Right now Toys R Us has the wii u gamepad holder for about $6 I believe. It holds your gamepad inside, & is very well padded. You can buy that, then an official wii bag on ebay/online for around $12-$20. I'm pretty sure the Wii U is not much bigger than the wii (although the power block probably is bigger than the wii one)....it may be a tight fit, but in theory you should be able to fit 4 wii motes/nunchuks, & a wheel in there so it's pretty convenient. Then just attach the wii gamepad holder to the bag with a cheap keychain hook.

Imo, it is better to buy official than to buy 3rd party. I just feel they are built to cradle your system more so than others. This way you get two official holders & everything is pretty much together.
I actually know someone that has an official wii bag, if you like the idea I can try to pack up my wii u in it to make sure everything fits.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry to say that I'm pretty sure the bag was clearanced out forever ago. I got it for $7. It is the best bag for the Wii U imo BUT, I can tell you what I was planning on doing until I got that bag.

Right now Toys R Us has the wii u gamepad holder for about $6 I believe. It holds your gamepad inside, & is very well padded. You can buy that, then an official wii bag on ebay/online for around $12-$20. I'm pretty sure the Wii U is not much bigger than the wii (although the power block probably is bigger than the wii one)....it may be a tight fit, but in theory you should be able to fit 4 wii motes/nunchuks, & a wheel in there so it's pretty convenient. Then just attach the wii gamepad holder to the bag with a cheap keychain hook.

Imo, it is better to buy official than to buy 3rd party. I just feel they are built to cradle your system more so than others. This way you get two official holders & everything is pretty much together.
I actually know someone that has an official wii bag, if you like the idea I can try to pack up my wii u in it to make sure everything fits.
That sounds a like a very reasonable alternative. A carabiner would be perfect for the gamepad case!

Meanwhile, I'll try my luck with pacifickarma's offer. However, if it isn't TOO much of a burden, I would take you up on fitting the WiiU into the Wii bag. Which official Wii bag is it?

That sounds a like a very reasonable alternative. A carabiner would be perfect for the gamepad case!

Meanwhile, I'll try my luck with pacifickarma's offer. However, if it isn't TOO much of a burden, I would take you up on fitting the WiiU into the Wii bag. Which official Wii bag is it?
Definitely try to get that bag if you can! It's really excellent & I hope pacifickarma is able to get it for you. :)
And a carabiner is exactly what I was thinking of to hook it to the bag (just didn't know the name haha).

In the meantime, I am planning on seeing my friend Saturday night or Sunday. I was bringing my wii u anyway, so if you are not able to get the bag I will be happy to check & take pics.
The bag I am referring to is this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000KMO7T8/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1402555728&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40
It looks small, but is bigger than it seems once opened up.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back