• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MistaCAG

MistaCAG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:52 PM

http://www.groupon.c...campaign=201080

It comes out to 217.XX with tax and free shipping.

#2 IMikeU

IMikeU

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:03 PM

Is it true that you can't claim the freebie from Mario kart 8 if you have bought a refurbish Wii U? Due to the fact that is doesn't come with the Nintendo points code for the deluxe console.

#3 SharkSocks

SharkSocks

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:05 PM

The only code you need for the free game is mk8's by itself

#4 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:08 PM

What?  No.  

Just make sure to link the eShop to your Club Nintendo account before buying it in the eShop if you're trying to buy a digital version.

Posted Image

#5 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:18 PM

can't you get it for this price from nintendo itself?

#6 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:45 PM

Hm, I'm tempted, very much.

#7 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:50 PM

I think I just realized that this doesn't come with Motion Plus. How do you play games for the original Wii? Does the Gamepad function like a Wiimote?

#8 bonesawisready

bonesawisready

YES! YES! YES!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:52 PM

I think I just realized that this doesn't come with Motion Plus. How do you play games for the original Wii? Does the Gamepad function like a Wiimote?

No Wii U, outside of the MK8 bundle, comes with M+. You need to buy one to use M+. 

#9 Dalerax

Dalerax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:11 PM

I'm seriously considering getting a Wii U but the controller aspect of it has me confused. I know the gamepad that it comes with can function as a controller, but what else works? I see Wiimotes from the original Wii, classic controllers, pro versions of these... do they all work as controllers in all games? And is there still a lot of stupid wagging motions needed for Wii U games like there were for the Wii?

#10 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:05 PM

I'm seriously considering getting a Wii U but the controller aspect of it has me confused. I know the gamepad that it comes with can function as a controller, but what else works? I see Wiimotes from the original Wii, classic controllers, pro versions of these... do they all work as controllers in all games? And is there still a lot of stupid wagging motions needed for Wii U games like there were for the Wii?

Wii Remote Plus Controllers work, Wii U Pro controllers work, Nunchuks work, and the Original Classic Controller works but be warned the controls are wacky as hell because they are meant to be replaced with the Pro Controller.

Not a lot of games require motion controls at all any more. Pretty much all of them first party wise push you to use the gamepad or a pro controller.

663892.png?17663317

#11 Dalerax

Dalerax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:25 PM

Wii Remote Plus Controllers work, Wii U Pro controllers work, Nunchuks work, and the Original Classic Controller works but be warned the controls are wacky as hell because they are meant to be replaced with the Pro Controller.

Not a lot of games require motion controls at all any more. Pretty much all of them first party wise push you to use the gamepad or a pro controller.

Thanks for the response. Definitely makes the Wii U more desirable but it seems I should probably buy some pro controllers if I do get one.