Photo
- - - - -

Get $10 Back with $100 spent at Best Buy! (Ibotta)

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Sabrages

Sabrages

Optimistic

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:23 PM

It's back!

From BudzMcGee: "Ibotta is sort of a rebate app for smart phones that allows you to get money back for certain items (typically grocery). They are offering $5 for purchasing $50 (or $10 for spending $100, or $20 for spending $200 - check the app to see your offer) at Best Buy (can be multiple purchases). Ibotta did this once with a $10 for $100 before so I am simply updating the old thread. Last time they did this some users got an offer for spend $100 get $10 so it may vary, and it seems that new users who haven't redeemed before are getting the $10 for $100 offer, a few have even gotten $20 for spending $200 - you won't know until you open the app. New users also get a $2 bonus (read below)."

This offer specifies that the receipt has to be under one week old in order to redeem it.

You can register at https://Ibotta.com.

However, if you register via the referral link, http://ibotta.com/r/cljpq (mine) or http://<span>ibotta<...n>.com/r/oTeNzw (BudzMcGee's), you'll be helping the referrer and you'll be in a team. There are monthly challenges that, once achieved, everybody in the team will be rewarded. For instance, in the June Challenge, everybody in a team will earn a bonus of $1 once $10 in rebates has been redeemed. For more information, go here: https://ibotta.desk....mited-time-only

#2 dallow

dallow

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:29 PM

Mine is $20 for $200. (had done the 10 for 100 in the past)

No reason for me to spend that much right now though.

"i drive a rolls royce / cause it's good for my voice"
3DS Friend Code: 3609-1044-7487

#3 iphosho

iphosho

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:28 PM

Aww I didn't get any this time. Maybe cuz I already did 2 offers?

#4 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:08 AM

I got the $10 off $100 again (too bad I haven't been shopping there lately) and there's also a couple movie rebates for BBY.  Also see a similar $10 off $100 one for MicrosoftStore.com so it's nice to see this sort of thing expanding.  Maybe one day they'll even get Amazon. :-D

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#5 Bobby's Universe

Bobby's Universe

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:11 AM

The only Best Buy deals that are available for me are for select Blu-ray/DVD movies

Currently Playing

:ps3: Destiny
:wiiu: Disney Infinity (thanks to the free digital copy + stuff from my ps3 purchase of the game)
:wii: Scarface The World Is Yours
:3ds: Pokemon X...gotta catch em all

#6 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:35 AM

Some people still have this showing but for most people this offer expired on the 5th, which is why the thread I started is several pages back now.

Not going to delete the below comment because I got a little snotty and deserve to No harm no foul.

Also, gotta love basically copying my OP but changing it to his referral link and adding the team bit (which is new, and everyone who signed through me is welcome as I got them $1 more in June thanks to the Microsoft Store offer glitching and giving me $10 when I only spent $60).

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#7 markbrochilll

markbrochilll

The Master Sword

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:43 AM

How do they send the money back?

#8 Tmega

Tmega

No Longer In Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:54 AM

Some people still have this showing but for most people this offer expired on the 5th, which is why the thread I started is several pages back now.

Also, gotta love basically copying my OP but changing it to his referral link and adding the team bit (which is new, and everyone who signed through me is welcome as I got them $1 more in June thanks to the Microsoft Store offer glitching and giving me $10 when I only spent $60).

LOL yea that is pretty lame of the OP

#9 leylines

leylines

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:57 AM

Well, i only got the $100 instead of the $200 but free money is free. Just bought a wii u today so getting a little cash back is nice.

#10 PapaSlaughter

PapaSlaughter

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:23 AM

Mine expires on the 16th

#11 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:27 AM

I spent $120 at best buy awhile back but because of some GCs/RZs it only recognized like $72 of it. If I go to best buy and buy something over $100 and upload the receipt then take the purchase back, will it affect anything? Not trying to scam but I intentionally spent over $100 then with the intention of getting $10 back

#12 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:39 AM

nothing for me, did you all d/l the update? I did before I opened it.

#13 dallow

dallow

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:56 PM

I spent $120 at best buy awhile back but because of some GCs/RZs it only recognized like $72 of it. If I go to best buy and buy something over $100 and upload the receipt then take the purchase back, will it affect anything? Not trying to scam but I intentionally spent over $100 then with the intention of getting $10 back

You can do multiple receipts but they have to be within a week I think.
"i drive a rolls royce / cause it's good for my voice"
3DS Friend Code: 3609-1044-7487

#14 Shaniqwa

Shaniqwa

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:01 PM

Spent $200 there yesterday and forgot about the app. -_-

#15 Sabrages

Sabrages

Optimistic

• CAG in Training

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:07 PM

Spent $200 there yesterday and forgot about the app. -_-

You may still have a chance. Mine expires by the end of tonight.

#16 FancyMagikarp

FancyMagikarp

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:09 PM

I just signed up! Sweet!

#17 Shaniqwa

Shaniqwa

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

You may still have a chance. Mine expires by the end of tonight.

Oh shit, thats right, I'm an idiot. You can use "old" reciepts. In my head, I had to use the app at time of purchase. Dumb.

#18 Shaniqwa

Shaniqwa

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:58 PM

Just got my $10 plus $3 for the other things. That was quick.

#19 BeLIKEcoon

BeLIKEcoon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:12 PM

Is this deal still live? Hope to buy a Wii U this week.

#20 Sabrages

Sabrages

Optimistic

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:16 PM

Is this deal still live? Hope to buy a Wii U this week.

It's dead for me. Gonna try downloading it on a friends phone to check, I'll update you then.

#21 thesuzukimethod

thesuzukimethod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:10 PM

gift cards work fine, but RZ certs lower the total.

#22 thesuzukimethod

thesuzukimethod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:28 PM

$10 off $100 is back.  

#23 cubeenigma

cubeenigma

Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:43 PM

woo thanks. time to combine this with my Amex offer

#24 FrogTheWarrior

FrogTheWarrior

Let's Rock

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:56 PM

Looks like I got the $20 back on $200 this time... Not sure if there's $200 worth of stuff I want, but it's a good deal.

sig.gif

#25 thesuzukimethod

thesuzukimethod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:58 PM

the terms and conditions in the Ibotta posting are pretty explicit.  specifically says gift cards dont count (PSN network cards do though)

also specifically says bestbuy.com receipts dont count (store pickup receipts are probably still YMMV, but this would seem to indicate they are not likely to work)

#26 thesuzukimethod

thesuzukimethod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:59 PM

Looks like I got the $20 back on $200 this time... Not sure if there's $200 worth of stuff I want, but it's a good deal.

I've been lucky.  i've only had 15/150 and 10/100.  i'd be hard pressed to hit 200 unless i was looking at something bigger (i did get a new microwave a few weeks back, but i'm past the window for that one)

#27 guessed

guessed

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

$10 off $100 is back.

Thanks for the heads up. Not sure if I'll take advantage this time (wish this coincided with the B1G1 3DS games deal), but there will probably be something I want. Where can I see when it ends?
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#28 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:27 PM

Receipts can date back to 7/22 the app says

So that does coincide with the b1g1.

However the deal technically ended Sunday morning for most because everything went OOS mid-day 7/20

#29 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:32 PM

Got stuck with the $20 off $200. I need to go snag one of those best buy change of address coupons. Might be PS4 time.

People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#30 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:36 PM

I got this one too after missing out on some of the 10 off 100s (stupid bullshit about not accepting price matches or just being under the $100 window by pennies). Anyway, have you been able to unlock it? I have the Wii U I just purchased plus games plus controller that might be applicable for it but the thing won't unlock every time I try.

Las Vegas Limousine - The coolest limos in town!

Los Angeles Limousine