OH SNAP! CAGFC IS BACK! EA UFC Xbox One League! Sign Up Now! Heavyweights! See OP For CAF Limits!

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!
eaufclogo_zps7e5a2e3c.jpg

CAGFClogo.jpg

Oh yeah! This is happening!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPvtFqbeyD4[/youtube]

Hello everybody! Welcome to the official home of the CheapAssGamer Fighting Championship! Brought to you by n8rockerasu! After three successful years on the Xbox 360 (UFC Undisputed 2009, UFC Undisputed 2010, UFC Undisputed 3), we are moving on to the next generation of competition. CAGFC is back!

For all intents and purposes, this will be similar to any other online sports league you've been a part of. The difference is, this is man against man. No seasons. No schedules. No AI teammates. No one to blame but yourself.

[customspoiler='WHAT IS CAGFC AND HOW DOES IT WORK?']
CAGFC is short for Cheap Ass Gamer Fighting Championship. At its core, CAGFC is a league for the Xbox One game EA Sports UFC. But we strive to exceed the limitations of a typical sports league. Rather than relying on team play or a points system, CAGFC will mimic a real world fighting organization. We use custom fighters that you create in the NON-CAREER portion of the game, and rely on a ranking system based on the fighter's CAGFC record and their current win streak. This allows us to schedule competitive weekly cards, making sure that the right fighters are matched up against each other. Depending on the level of interest, we're probably going to start out small, putting everybody in the same weight class, but with the hope of expanding into other divisions as interest grows.

There is a champion in each division. This champion is required to defend his belt once a week or he will relinquish it and the top two contenders will battle for it (unless he notifies either CAGLeagueSports or n8rockerasu of the absence in advance, so that arrangements may be made). This system allows flexibility, not only for CAGFC, but for its members as well. If you want to take a break from scheduled matches so you can work on your fighter, you're free to do so at any time. Your absence might cause a slip in the rankings, but it doesn't hurt your online career or your standing with CAGFC. This is YOUR fighting career. It's up to you what you make of it.[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='HOW DO I SIGN UP?']
As stated, we have an on-going sign up here. Anybody who wants to join CAGFC may do so at any time by posting the following fighter information:

XBL Gamertag:
Name:
Height:
Weight:

If you want to include Hometown or any Bio info for your fighter, that's totally up to you. The more people have fun with this, the more enjoyable it will be for everyone.[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler="CREATING YOUR FIGHTER"]
We're going to start with Heavyweight CAFs made in the regular "Create Fighter" menu (ie. not career CAFs).

There are no limits on moves (at least at this time), but for attribute points, you cannot use more than a total of 2,000...with no single attribute being lower than 50.[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='CAN I SIGN UP MORE THAN ONE FIGHTER?']
Yes, we allow members to compete in multiple weight classes by having multiple fighters. There are four requirements for this, however, which are as follows:

1. Each of your fighters must compete in a different weight class.

2. Like with your original fighter, your additional fighter(s) must be created in the NON-CAREER portion of the game.

3. Members will be limited to a maximum of 3 created fighters. By competing in multiple weight classes and having multiple fights per week, it increases your level of responsibility to CAGFC and the other fighters. The more fighters you add, the greater the risk for fights going uncompleted and simply cluttering the weight division. We feel that having 3 fighters is enough for anyone to feel very active in CAGFC.

4. Before adding an additional fighter, each of your current fighters must have 2 CAGFC fights. For example:
Fighter A - Can be added at initial sign up
Fighter B - Can be added once Fighter A has 2 fights
Fighter C - Can be added once Fighter B has 2 fights

By meeting these requirements, you will demonstrate that you can handle controlling multiple fighters in CAGFC and will be rewarded with a very active and enjoyable experience. Thank you for your cooperation![/[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='WHEN DO I FIGHT?']
Weekly cards will be posted on Fridays, with the deadline for those fights being the following Thursday at 11:59 PM EST. All fighters will be put on the card unless CAGLeagueSports or n8rockerasu is notified in advance that you do not wish to fight that upcoming week. Any fighter who is placed on a card will either have to fight or forfeit and receive a loss. If you miss a fight, your participation in the league will be reviewed, and you may not appear on another card until your activity in the thread increases. Lower ranked fighters will fight other lower ranked fighters, with continuous opportunities to move up in the rankings. The top 3 contenders will be eligible for a title shot at any time.

Title fights should be set up by the defending champion and set for a length of 5 ROUNDS.

The results of your fights should be posted in this thread by both the winner and the loser (to maintain accuracy) in the following format:

Winner | Loser | Method (ie. KO, TKO, submission, unanimous decision, split decision) | Time/Round[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='WHAT THE FANS ARE SAYING']
'Yanksfan' said:
I don't have this game, but this is a pretty bad ass thread.

'Tuffgong' said:
BTW, thanks for organizing this. Makes a fun game even better, and really nice job on the graphics and layout of the original post. Well done sir! *claps*

'fazfznz' said:
Thanks for setting up this league man! Also the artwork is pretty sick.

'Thekrakrabbit' said:
The Xbox 360 has a CAGFC league for UFC Undisputed 2010, and it looks great, but why is there nothing for the PS3 side of things? Just wondering, considering I think the CAGFC looks like a great thing to be a part of....
[/customspoiler]

Current Event - TBD

CAGFC Fighters

CAG Name | Gamertag | Fighter Name | Stats

Heavyweight (Over 205lbs to 265lbs)

Light Heavyweight (Over 185lbs to 205lbs)

Middleweight (Over 170lbs to 185lbs)

Welterweight (Over 155lbs to 170lbs)

Lightweight (Over 145lbs to 155lbs)

Featherweight (Over 135lbs to 145lbs)

Bantamweight (Over 125lbs to 135lbs)

Flyweight (Over 115lbs to 125lbs)

Women's Bantamweight (Over 125lbs to 135lbs)

CAGFC Title History
Champion | Date Won | Date Lost

Heavyweight
Current: Gail Pennyfeather | 8/15/12 | Present
[customspoiler='Previous']
Tj Taylor | 6/16/12 | 8/15/12
Big Business | 3/19/12 | 6/16/12
John Dinglez | 3/14/12 | 3/19/12
Tj Taylor | 3/2/12 | 3/14/12
Big Business | 2/22/12 | 3/2/12
Thomas Bruso | 9/12/10 | 2/22/12
Fyodor Emilianenko | 8/28/10 | 9/12/10
Shikoba Hasik-Qillac | 7/21/10 | 8/26/10
E. Honda | 6/10/10 | 7/21/10
Tony Hawk | 8/15/09 | 6/10/10
Gary Russell | 6/25/09 | 8/15/09
Big Black Smurf | 6/22/09 | 6/25/09
Blake Garber | 6/15/09 | 6/22/09
Gary Russell | 6/3/09 | 6/15/09
[/customspoiler]

Light Heavyweight
Current: Pablo Garcia | 4/16/12 | Present
Corky Buchek | 3/31/12 | 4/16/12
Matt Domoracki | 3/13/12 | 3/31/12
Corky Buchek | 3/7/12 | 3/13/12
Domingo Ayala | 2/29/12 | 3/7/12
Brandon Haines | 8/18/09 | 2/29/12
Daniel Ortiz | 8/13/09 | 8/13/09
Daniel Ortiz | 7/29/09 | 8/6/09
Matt Cracker | 7/7/09 | 7/29/09
Brandon Haines | 6/22/09 | 7/7/09
Michael Klein | 6/7/09 | 6/22/09
Jean Claude | 5/27/09 | 6/7/09
[/customspoiler]

Middleweight
Current: Nate Lisa | 8/28/09 | Present
Jason Miller | 8/22/09 | 8/25/09
Jackie Chan | 8/15/09 | 8/22/09
Eric Ortiz | 6/12/09 | 8/13/09
Jackie Chan | 6/6/09 | 6/12/09
[/customspoiler]

Welterweight
Current: Troy Alvarez | 6/18/12 | Present
Justin Kane | 5/8/12 | 6/18/12
Troy Alvarez | 4/1/12 | 5/8/12
Conrad Silva | 3/21/12 | 4/1/12
Justin Kane | 3/3/12 | 3/21/12
Conrad Silva | 2/27/12 | 3/3/12
Matt Young | 9/9/10 | 2/27/12
Nate Lisa | 8/11/10 | 9/9/10
Simeon Lamhov | 7/28/10 | 8/4/10
Kyler Klein | 9/10/09 | 7/28/10
Simeon Lamhov | 7/25/09 | 8/26/09
Mach Sakurai | 6/25/09 | 7/25/09
Codi Garber | 5/24/09 | 6/25/09
[/customspoiler]

Lightweight
Current: Nick Sutera | 8/10/09 | Present
Ash Cambell | 7/10/09 | 8/1/09
Andrew Kennel | 6/5/09 | 7/9/09
[/customspoiler]

Featherweight
None

Bantamweight
None

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, since this is a brand new game on a brand new system, we'll have to kind of play things by ear and see what works best for the league. With EA taking over the reins, there's really no telling how this game is going to work.

Seems like an interesting idea.  I'm not sure if I'm picking up the game yet (waiting to see the reviews)  if I do I might join up.  How many people usually join up?

Seems like an interesting idea. I'm not sure if I'm picking up the game yet (waiting to see the reviews) if I do I might join up. How many people usually join up?
Anywhere from 8 to 25. It's kind of hard to predict. At this point, there's no need to rush sign ups though. I won't have the game myself until Wednesday or so. Then we'll all need to play it a bit so we can figure out what the best settings are, see where the potential exploits are, and what specific rules we need to employ to counteract them.

Basically, I just wanted to let everybody know that this is happening again. Depending on how much the game allows for customization and online matches (ie. can you create female fighters), there could be some really fun stuff this year.

I was on the fence if I was going to get this iteration of the game . . . but hey, if we've got the league coming back, it's on!

Justin Kane may remain retired, or he may come back.  I'm not sure if I want to go through the work of building a whole new Cthulhu tattoo again to make him.  We shall see.

Update:  Pre-order placed . . . picking it up today.

I'm voting we give it a week about before we start the league up, to allow some play time to get acquainted with the game.

Anyone else excited for the ability to record the matches?  Yeahhhh buddy.  Rounds are 5 minutes . . . Xbox DVR limit is 5 minutes.  Coincidence?  I think not!

Update: Pre-order placed . . . picking it up today.

I'm voting we give it a week about before we start the league up, to allow some play time to get acquainted with the game.

Anyone else excited for the ability to record the matches? Yeahhhh buddy. Rounds are 5 minutes . . . Xbox DVR limit is 5 minutes. Coincidence? I think not!
Yeah, my game is coming via UPS (by way of Kmart) and will be here tomorrow. I'll be curious how many people pick up the game...or how many people have an Xbox One at this point. I'm aware of two others who have yet to post in the thread...but yeah, we'll definitely start slowly and see where things go.

And I'm definitely happy that it will be easy to record and share fights. I'm actually hoping that aspect will make it easier for people to get into the game/CAGFC.

My review:

EA failed. They do not understand MMA. They took the team who made Fight Night, and said "Make a MMA game." It's like they watched a couple of matches, and said "We can make a game based off that!" All the while, they missed out on key details that make the sport what it is.

Details like:
-Touching gloves / Taunting - Touching gloves is the universal sign of respect in MMA. It happens at the start of most matches, and has been known to happen in the middle of fights in which mutual respect was truly earned. Yet there's no way to do it in EA's UFC.
-Transitions being an actual fight. They play more like quick time events. Going for a takedown? Hit a button and hope your opponent doesn't counter. No counter? No resistance.
-TKO / KOs - In MMA, it's rare for a fighter to stop swinging unless there is a referee involved. Yet it happens non-stop here.
-Animations - There are 50 billion animations for striking. However, the ground game / takedowns are repetitive and stale.
-Ground game - It's rare that you'll see a sweep into full mount in a pro MMA fight. Curiously, you'll see them happen quite often in EA's UFC. Combine this with the transition issue mentioned earlier and it really feels lackluster.

EA built a decent MMA game. But it's a shell that's missing the details that made previous iterations like THQ's UFC Undisputed 3 great. That's not saying that UFC Undisputed 3 was perfect. But they at least understood the details that made MMA different.

EA seems to of borrowed from Undisputed . . . but they didn't borrow enough. Submission game? Great change. Striking? Sweet. But the devil is in the details for a lot of us that are passionate about the sport. And this game was very obviously made by a team that doesn't understand the details.
3 out of 5 stars. It'll be fun to play in the league still, but so far, I'm disappointed in the gameplay. Maybe I'll warm up to it, but the details are certainly missing. Knowing EA though, there will be a new one about a year away . . . maybe they'll fix those details then.

Sadly, that's basically been par for the course for EA Sports games for the past 5+ years. They are all about flash and glitz with very little substance or fundamentals. They might get the most basic components of the sports right. But for people with a brain, who actually think things like "Hmm...do people actually move like that?" or "Shouldn't momentum have carried him the other way?" their games are ridiculously full of holes.

For the most part, you almost have to dumb down your expectations and resign yourself to being happy that you're playing a game based on a sport that you love with athletes that you like. Anything else is a bonus. Hopefully we can still have a good time with it. Can anybody tell me if the game will let you create female fighters?

Sadly, that's basically been par for the course for EA Sports games for the past 5+ years. They are all about flash and glitz with very little substance or fundamentals. They might get the most basic components of the sports right. But for people with a brain, who actually think things like "Hmm...do people actually move like that?" or "Shouldn't momentum have carried him the other way?" their games are ridiculously full of holes.

For the most part, you almost have to dumb down your expectations and resign yourself to being happy that you're playing a game based on a sport that you love with athletes that you like. Anything else is a bonus. Hopefully we can still have a good time with it. Can anybody tell me if the game will let you create female fighters?
I'm 99% certain you can. I was going to steal my wife's face and put it on a fighter . . . but after seeing my face on a fighter, she screamed "NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!" and ran from the room in terror.

. . . dat game face. So creepy.

EDIT: After doing some googling, it's sounding like I'm wrong. No CAF for females, because when they began development, female fighters weren't in the UFC. Boooooo.

EDIT: After doing some googling, it's sounding like I'm wrong. No CAF for females, because when they began development, female fighters weren't in the UFC. Boooooo.
Ah, that sucks. That would have been a great way for us to have some fun, haha. I guess there's your game selling feature for EA UFC 2015 though.

I'm sure the game allows use of the Kinect, but if you don't have one, can you still do Gameface? They always had that shitty system via the website that never turned out well.

Yes, but Game face only works through the website. Get a good front view and side view in front of a white wall and it comes out nice.

Cool. I hope they implement the feature in NHL 15. As you are well aware, the selection of faces for created players in that series has been severely lacking series for years.

Yeah, I've actually gotten really good results with Gameface through the website. It's always how it's imported into the game that varies though. I can't even remember doing it for EA MMA (honestly forgot it had it).

But I know for Madden, the imported face would barely look like the 3D version on the website. It seemed like it was a little better in Madden 25, but still not the same as on the site.

I never tried it in Madden 25, but it sucked in various incarnations of Tiger Woods as well as Fight Night Round 4. Oddly, the most realistic result I ever got was via the XBL vision cam in World Series of Poker 2008.

I never tried it in Madden 25, but it sucked in various incarnations of Tiger Woods as well as Fight Night Round 4. Oddly, the most realistic result I ever got was via the XBL vision cam in World Series of Poker 2008.
That's what it was. Fight Night Round 4...that was fucking atrocious, lol. Everything looked great on the website, but in game, the skin tones didn't even match right. I realize it's probably a feature that doesn't get much attention, but you'd really think they'd have it figured out by now.

CAGFC has obtained information from a reliable source (Ariel Helwani's grandmother...who goes to the same salon) that Gail Pennyfeather's recent tweet does indeed indicate that he is returning to defend his Heavyweight title.

Trying to stave off mass hysteria in the streets, the LAPD had this to say concerning Pennyfeather's announcement:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br2_22e2RoU[/youtube]

Ok, finally able to play this game (yay for defective controller)...and I have to say, I'm actually pleasantly surprised so far. It seems to be much more like Undisputed than it is like EA MMA. I didn't expect that at all. The controls are largely the same. The striking is way better than in EA MMA. The commentary doesn't seem as stiff as they made it look (seriously...those videos they released did the game no favors at all. Why even show videos if it might scare people off?)

Takedowns still seem too easy...either that or my old age reflexes have fully taken hold, lol. It just seemed like the window to stuff the takedown was fairly small...even though some of the takedown animations are incredibly long (ie. "hey, I'm just going to hold your leg here for a minute...just hang tight, ok?") I just wish there was a way to keep fighitng it off. I know nobody likes stick twirling or quick time events...but maybe quick presses on the left stick in the opposite direction of the takedown half-circle motion your opponent used (if that makes sense).

There are still the weird video game-isms of "hey, we just swung our legs at each other at the same time...and nobody made contact with anything". But I've already seen a few instances where moves can be countered and actually interrupt the animation (takedowns, flying knees, etc), which is nice to see.

Obviously, I need to see a lot more of the game...but on first impression, it feels kind of like "more of the same" from Undisputed...and considering that game came two years ago (and all the fighters that have come and gone since then), I don't think that's a bad thing.

I also love the normal clock. Accelerated clock can blow me, lol. :lol:

And it's also awesome that they got Anderson Silva's actual walkout music in the game. Not sure if there are others, but I noticed that one immediately.

I totally agree with Fearia though. The ref not even stepping in to wave his arms when a fight is over is lazy ass programming. Undisputed fixed this after what...the first game? As many other good things as this game may have, that's just going to stand out as amateurish. After you KO somebody, you can just stand there swinging away (though I don't think you can actually keep hitting them), and the ref is like "OK, stop..."

I mean, Undisputed was never great at having the ref pull the fighter off the KO'd opponent, but at least they tried to fake it. There is no effort here. The ref might as well not even be in the cage (though this makes me wonder about cuts and doctor stoppages like they had in Undisputed 3). I'm guessing this game doesn't have them...granted, they were pretty arbitrary and we didn't use them in CAGFC anyway. But for single player, it's a nice feature to add a bit extra realism.

I've also realized that as much as I wanted Ronda Rousey in this game...I do not enjoy seeing her get bloodied up. It's a little disturbing. At least that makes me feel a little better about my mental health, lol.

I like the intros in career now that I'm in the title fight. Rogen was talking about how my chokes are lethal, which is true because I pretty much am a submission specialist in this game.

No idea how OneDrive works yet, but I uploaded a video of highlights from my first day with the game. The Faber one I was particularly pumped about because I had just upped the difficulty and Cruz knocked me down twice in the 1st round and had me rocked again in the 2nd.

Then I got a takedown, beat on him a bit, and was somehow able to turn the tide. You can definitely tell where shining moments are going to be with this game. It's not perfect...but there is a lot of fun to be had.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=13178F5A1494C09!927&authkey=!AA7zVebWpiXh8-4&ithint=video%2c.mp4

PS4 doesn't have YouTube support. It doesn't even have a YouTube app. Both were formally announced at E3, but neither has been implemented yet. You can only share to Facebook and Twitter.

Once I figure out how to not suck and how the game works (don't watch UFC so not sure how it all works lol) I'll probably be interested in joining up.

Had a lot of fun with this game last night doing online matches...some with friends, some against randoms in the "championship" mode (which basically amounts to online seasons). You start out as a white belt, and have to win fights to get promoted to the next belt. Each win is worth points, and you have 10 fights to earn enough points to get promoted and/or win the chamionship belt for that division.

The matchmaking is also basically blind. You just select the weight classes you're willing to fight in (which, online...they combined LHW/MW, WW/LW and FW/BW/FlW...so, you end up with 5 possible groupings of fighters (HW and BWw are the other two). You don't see who you're matched up with. And you don't see which fighter they've picked. The former of those is great...the latter, is great in theory...but ends up boiling down to having to assume that your opponent is an unoriginal douche and picked the champion of that weight class.

I can't tell you how many times I've fought Jon Jones and Ronda Rousey already. I've always made it a practice to NEVER pick the best team/player/fighter when playing online because like I said, I think it's lame. If the only way you can win is by making sure you have every possible advantage over your opponent, then you're an asshat.

Going back to the blind matchups though...it's made me look like a dick myself sometimes because I'll pick somebody like Gustafsson (assuming the other guy picked Jones), and then they end up picking Dan Henderson or somebody. Not that that's as unfair of a matchup as say if I had picked Machida and he picked Jones (which happened in another fight), but it just creates these awkward scenarios. I'm fine with not seeing who my opponent is or what their record is...but it would be nice to see that he's not picking the best guy in the division. Either that...or they need to use balanced attributes for online.

Game is still awesome though. Definitely some things they could have done better...but for an EA game, I expected it to be worse. And with the Ignite engine and ragdoll physics, playing as Heavyweights is way more fun than I expected. The KO's are just brutal and hilarious.

Oh, also...I did some Googling and figured out the issue with Gameface (for those who haven't noticed, it won't import your hair settings from the wesite...but keeps them locked in the game). This is what I found:

GameFace workaround: if you edit your GameFace to have no hair/facial hair, you should be able to import and re-apply hair in-game instead.
So, I guess that's something they need to patch. But yeah, remove your hair on the website, and you should be able to edit it in the game again. About to try it now.

EDIT - Nope...nevermind. That doesn't work. And EA is getting lit up for it, lol.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10115521.page

So it looks like the consensus is that this game is worth picking up? I was wondering if it was not so hot because I cannot find any reviews...

edit - just watched your game clip...wow not so next gen looking. The models look terrible and their trunks aren't even picked up by the physics engine. Tell me the gameplay is at least better? 

So it looks like the consensus is that this game is worth picking up? I was wondering if it was not so hot because I cannot find any reviews...

edit - just watched your game clip...wow not so next gen looking. The models look terrible and their trunks aren't even picked up by the physics engine. Tell me the gameplay is at least better?
Kind of funny that you say that, because the graphics is one of most common things I've seen the game praised for. In what way do the models look terrible? I think you've been watching too many E3 trailers, lol. Remember, this is actual gameplay footage...not a bunch of cutscenes thrown together. I'm sure it will be every bit on par with Madden, Fifa, etc...not that that's an incredibly high bar, but it's EA we're talking about.

Also, how can you tell the trunks aren't recognized by the physics engine? They seem to flow and deform pretty good to me.

Kind of funny that you say that, because the graphics is one of most common things I've seen the game praised for. In what way do the models look terrible? I think you've been watching too many E3 trailers, lol. Remember, this is actual gameplay footage...not a bunch of cutscenes thrown together. I'm sure it will be every bit on par with Madden, Fifa, etc...not that that's an incredibly high bar, but it's EA we're talking about.

Also, how can you tell the trunks aren't recognized by the physics engine? They seem to flow and deform pretty good to me.
The models look too smooth if that makes any sense. Is that Miesha Tate getting knocked out in the first clip...her facial expression wow. At 1:55 you can see where the game clips through the shorts like they don't exist.

However, none of that is a huge deal if the game is fun - is it worth full price and a couple cans of free nuts (lol)?

You are right, we are talking about EA. Even though I've defended them in that past, I'm so disappointed with what we've seen of Madden so far, I'm really tempted to just skip it this year.

I think the graphics are amazing and like I said, the intros are beautiful. We started at about 11pm last night and we got done playing at 4am. It shows how much fun this game is. Between Nate, Brandon and I, every fight was different and it's a great feeling IMHO. Hell, one of the fights ended up with a flash KO out of no where and it shocked both of us. I'll upload the one clip also Nate and you'll get a good kick out of it.

The models look too smooth if that makes any sense. Is that Miesha Tate getting knocked out in the first clip...her facial expression wow. At 1:55 you can see where the game clips through the shorts like they don't exist.

However, none of that is a huge deal if the game is fun - is it worth full price and a couple cans of free nuts (lol)?

You are right, we are talking about EA. Even though I've defended them in that past, I'm so disappointed with what we've seen of Madden so far, I'm really tempted to just skip it this year.
Ehh...I guess it depends how big of a fan of the sport you are. There are NUMEROUS things that they left out. Like obvious things...things that were in past versions of the game on Xbox 360 when THQ was publishing it. Just off the top of my head:

1. The referee is almost a non factor - He doesn't step in to break up fights, he doesn't tap the fighters on the back to stand them up when the action gets slow. He just stands there and barks, as though that's how it works in real life. This just seems incredibly lazy.

2. No walkout music for online fights - Minor, but takes away some of the fun. Also, you can't see your opponent's created fighter's name online. It will just show up as "Created Fighter". Maybe they're worried about inappropriate names (and truth be told, the CAG Hockey team could actually claim some responsibility there...after all, my hockey player's name is Mouthsex Simulator, lol).

3. You can't touch gloves with your opponent. In past UFC games, you could press right on the d-pad to hold your glove out and have a nice little show of respect. They even had it in EA MMA. Nowhere to be found in this game. Why? Because fuck sportsmanship...this is an EA game, lol.

All that said...the KO's and the ragdoll physics are outstanding. The ground game is improved...but some things are still a bit clunky. But the game generally forces you to fight smart. If you burn your stamina out or eat too many shots to the body, the game will disable your ability to block your head. Take too many leg kicks and you'll slow down greatly and won't be able to kick. It's a nice way to force people to not play like dipshits.

Of course, lots of things could be better about the game...but it is very fun. And I honestly expected EA to screw it up worse. Maybe that's why I like it so much. I came in fearing the worst, haha.

I think the graphics are amazing and like I said, the intros are beautiful. We started at about 11pm last night and we got done playing at 4am. It shows how much fun this game is. Between Nate, Brandon and I, every fight was different and it's a great feeling IMHO. Hell, one of the fights ended up with a flash KO out of no where and it shocked both of us. I'll upload the one clip also Nate and you'll get a good kick out of it.
Yeah, we need that Travis Browne v Roy Nelson KO to showcase how enjoyable the game can be. I'm not sure if my XB1 would still have that one recorded or not. I never looked through all the auto recorded clips from last night to save anything.

I think it was a fight where Nate was Mark Hunt competing against a created fighter. Not 100% sure. But I saw a clip last night where Nate got the knockout on a shot that hit his opponent's forearm. Funny stuff.

I think it was a fight where Nate was Mark Hunt competing against a created fighter. Not 100% sure. But I saw a clip last night where Nate got the knockout on a shot that hit his opponent's forearm. Funny stuff.
Wow...is that how that one ended? lol...I don't remember that. I do think that was the first time Gary used his CAF though...and he was only a 59 OVR...so yeah, maybe he just felt how hard Mark Hunt can punch and was like "fuck this! I'ma just lay down." :lol:

Certain things about the game really rub me the wrong way.  Sweeping to full mount from full guard?  Happens way too easily.  The tutorial not explaining how to get out of full mount?  Yeahhh . . . took me forever to figure that one out.  The extremely repetitive campaign mode?  Holy crap, can I just fast forward to the fights quicker?  I mean, even if you skip the training over and over, you still have to go through all these loading screens.  STOP IT!  I JUST WANT TO BEAT ASS!

Ha . . . despite all my bitching, I'm still enjoying the game.  I'm not nearly as good at it as I was with Undisputed.  But I'm still having fun with it.

Yeah, so I've found the threshhold for the Championship online mode in this game. Once you get to purple belt...all the spammers come out. I've seen people throw nothing but body kicks (which result in TKO's way too often), I've seen Muay Thai clinch spammed all to hell against the cage (which I still don't understand how to escape...even when they're wailing away on you, you can barely move).

And I've seen submissions attempts just chained together like they were nothing (even though I was holding block and up on the right stick). One guy threw 300 strikes in a fight...another attempted 26 takedowns...and another had 10 submission attempts. Most notably, the good old takedown into immediate kimura "strategy" is alive and well. The more things change, right?

After seeing all this, I actually feel like stamina doesn't effect you enough. I was consistently landing more strikes, while throwing less..but the sheer volume and output my opponents had made it difficult to really put much together..even to the point where I can't get a takedown because they keep catching me on the way in.

I don't know...I guess you could say this makes for a "bad game"...but seriously, online ranked in ANY game just seems to be a fucking cesspool of human filth. I'm almost starting to think Nintendo was right about online play, lol. If it wasn't for leagues and online co-op, I'm really not sure there would be much of a point.

Fearia, you want yo create Justin Kane? No custom tattoos. And they seemingly have every color except pink when it comes to hair. fucking EA.

bread's done
Back