REQ: Cheapest way to buy a Wii U from Gamestop.

crashprime

CAGiversary!
I have $450 or so in Gamestop store credit. I don't have anything to trade in, so I am looking purely for the best deal (coupons, promos) to buy a Wii U.

My local stores are totally out of stock of the Wii U Mario Kart 8 bundle which seemed like the best deal ($300 Deluxe + $30 for Mario Kart 8 + Free Game + Mario Wii Remote + Plastic Wheel).

The only other options I am seeing that is really a "deal" is $250 for a refurb with no game, or $300 for a Legend of Zelda Windwaker set which includes a code for a digital Windwaker game worth ~$60.

Are there any % off promos or coupons that work on any Wii U systems?

I have something like 24,000 PUR points, and I am PUR Pro at the moment. That means I think I could snag a $20 off 1 item code but thats about all I can find.

GS rarely has any good coupons for discounts on new items, and when they do, they usually exclude consoles. Most GS deals involve trading in a system + some games for $xxx off some newer system. 

It's highly unlikely you'll a Wii U for less than MSRP at GS. 

And... I obviously can't say this with any guarantee, but there's always a chance Nintendo will drop the price later in the year, if you're not completely anxious to get one. They've been pretty adamant about not doing that because they're still losing money on each console sold (which Nintendo hasn't done since the Virtual Boy). 

Last edited by a moderator:
You're not going to get a deal on a new console at Gamestop. They are one of the only retailers that doesn't put them on sale or offer incentives unless it's something sponsored by MS or Sony or Nintendo that all the other retailers are doing as well. You might save a little buying refurbished or used but that is about the extent of your fortunes at Gamestop which is too bad because the M&L console has gone for $250 new via Buy on eBay and Kmart has had it with $30 and $40 worth of SYWR points plus it was stackable with their gift card promo and other coupons. Target btw will have it with a $25 GC next week and with Best Buy you can use the Mover's 10% coupon if your P.O. has them.

But yeah.... Gamestop.

I will mirror what everyone else said about not getting anything but MSRP at GS.

Were I in your shoes I would flip my credit to either Best Buy or Amazon and work with that then where you are more likely to get a better deal at one of those places. Best Buy would be quickest and easiest though I am not sure of any solid flips at the moment though I am sure there are some out there.

I will mirror what everyone else said about not getting anything but MSRP at GS.

Were I in your shoes I would flip my credit to either Best Buy or Amazon and work with that then where you are more likely to get a better deal at one of those places. Best Buy would be quickest and easiest though I am not sure of any solid flips at the moment though I am sure there are some out there.
AZ doesn't sell Nintendo hardware except via 3rd party sellers for over MSRP.

bread's done
Back