Need Club Nintendo Advice

ECisMe

CAGiversary!
I'm currently sitting on 430 coins. My Wii U will be arriving this week, as will my copy of Mario Kart 8. Registering both would put me into Platinum (>600 coins) for the calendar year, but I'd lose all those coins once June ends.

Should I register the system and game now, for the Platinum status? Or, should I wait until June rolls over, so those coins can be applied to the next calendar year but I'll only be at Gold status for this year?

your club nintendo coins expire after 2 club years.

i would recommend you register the system and game now so you are eligible for the plat reward for this club nintendo year.

you'll have another whole year to achieve plat for next year.

hope this helps! :)

edit: just a question, when did you register your 430 coins? if it's been less than 2 years, it won't expire this june.

Last edited by a moderator:
All my coins have come within the last 8 months. Thanks for the information, I thought that my coins would expire at the end of the Club Nintendo year.

I've got the opposite problem...I'm sitting on 1200 points earned from the last year, so I'm really twice the amount of coins eligible for Platinum for this year.  It's thanks to Nintendo shrinking down the time in which you'll eligible to earn points on certain products, and post-play surveys earning points.  I'm just sitting on about 5 more games I got last year, including Mario Kart 8, waiting until July 1st when I can start registering codes again that will count towards the 2015 CN rewards.

I'm waiting to register new stuff too. When is it safe to start earning after already being Platinum?
The current Club Nintendo year runs from July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2014. I'll be registering more codes, especially the Mario Kart 8 code to get my free digital download of PIkmin 3, on July 2nd just to be safe.

I just got my Wii U on Tuesday. Glad I got it when I did since the club nintendo year just started on July 1st and I've already racked up 310 points.  I got MK8 and downloaded Zelda WW. I still have to do that survey for the points. I'm trying to figure out how this whole coins thing works. So I can use coins to redeem rewards  correct? But only the rewards they've got running at that time?

bread's done
Back