Photo
- - - - -

[Possible reprint?] Wii Xenoblade Chronicles and Metroid Prime Trilogy in-stock at Gamestop B&M - $49.99 used

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:22 PM

http://www.gamestop....exclusive/98535

http://www.gamestop....e-trilogy/74982

Apologies if this is a repost, but I’ve been on a 6 month hiatus from CAG so I don’t know if this has already been discussed (but a quick search didn’t show anything). I was catching up on the E3 news for Xenoblade Chronicles X and decided that it was probably time to find a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles to play before the sequel/successor is out.

Well, I noticed that Gamestop has restocked their B&M stores with copies of Xenoblade Chronicles and Metroid Prime Trilogy, listed as used. I punched in three random zip codes across the U.S., and nearly all stores indicate that they have copies of both in stock. An article (http://www.gonintend...story&id=230898) states that these are new, but gutted copies; I just picked up Xenoblade Chronicles from a local store and can confirm that it’s new, sans shrinkwrap (for at least my copy). It even came with a valid Club Nintendo serial. Anyway, hope this helps anyone who has been looking for a copy.

#2 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:49 PM

These have been in stock since Black Friday. Metroid Prime is a reprint as it doesn't feature the steel book case (I don't know if there was a second print when it first came out).

Edit: you'll have zero chance of getting a shrink wrapped copy. These appear to have been opened at the distribution center before being sent out to stores.
Posted Image

#3 zebular

zebular

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:51 PM

Yeah GameStop has awesome policies... /sarcasm

9aeed60f-74eb-45fe-8b08-f0cb1a176d75.jpg0d2df1e8-7c41-42c3-93cd-b5b2e435a98b.jpg

#4 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:54 PM

Still waiting on a reasonable used price for Xenoblade. I got lucky a long time ago and picked up the last new copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy at Walmart for $20 so I'm good there (mine is still sealed though - I should probably play it at some point). With the new game coming out I wish they would bundle this one with the WiiU game like they are doing with Bayonetta.

#5 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:02 PM

These have been reprinted well before Black Friday of the previous year, so you must have not been keeping up with these for longer than just six months. ;D

You probably didn't find anything because they're buried way down into the archives of old deal posts, and this one is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY old.  Welcome back to CAG!

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#6 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:08 PM

*Waits for the Illuminati of people saying these games weren't reprinted*

538822.png

#7 srac84

srac84

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:11 PM

use the birthday coupon and get it 20% cheaper :p

#8 mkelehan

mkelehan

Xbox Live Arcade Fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:18 PM

Still waiting on a reasonable used price for Xenoblade. I got lucky a long time ago and picked up the last new copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy at Walmart for $20 so I'm good there (mine is still sealed though - I should probably play it at some point). With the new game coming out I wish they would bundle this one with the WiiU game like they are doing with Bayonetta.

I didn't even consider that they might do that. That would be awesome. Honestly, though, they could remake it for $50 on Wii U and sell it on its own and would do really well. I'd pay again to play the game in HD with off-TV play.

#9 fullmetalfan720

fullmetalfan720

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:36 PM

I'd recommend not opening that copy-they go for quite a bit on ebay.
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.
-Ben Franklin
The humblest citizen in all the land, when clad in the armor of a righteous cause, is stronger than all the hosts of error. - William Jennings Bryan

#10 pittsnoggle

pittsnoggle

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:39 PM

birthday plus pur makes xenoblade a good price i picked mine up in April and yes its marked used but looks brandnew

690810.png

#11 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:39 PM

I'd recommend not opening that copy-they go for quite a bit on ebay.

Does it really matter what it sells for if I have no intention of EVER selling it? I've got a spare poorly functioning kidney I would sell before selling off my game collection. These are with me till the day I die.

#12 cyko

cyko

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:43 PM

If anything, Gamestop is actually selling through their stock and it's becoming harder to find. Around Black Friday of last year every store in my metro area had it listed on the website as "in stock". Now, a few stores don't have it at all and the ones that do have it listed as "low stock" instead of "in stock".

#13 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:46 PM

35.99$ after birthday and pur. of course if you use your pur points it can be even less. but as people said these were re printed around black friday last year
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#14 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:54 PM

Xenoblade is well worth $50, especially since you'll get a near mint/complete copy. 

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#15 Edzo04

Edzo04

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:12 PM

These are both reprints that Gamestop have opened and are selling used. However instead of being Gamestop they are selling them at normal MSRP. Much better then the $80-90 they were charging before

#16 Mr_hat

Mr_hat

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:14 PM

*Waits for the Illuminati of people saying these games weren't reprinted*

*Waits for indisputable factual evidence they did.*

#17 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:19 PM

*clobbers you with a 2x4*  

default.png2.png

#18 theclaw

theclaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:34 AM

I guess one could argue it's not clear if they have new discs. Even if the box, artwork, and manual are.

#19 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- suplexrepeat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:44 AM

They both have new Wii U style cases, and MPT never had a non-steelbook release. Plus GameStop has done this for over a decade, starting with PS1 games (Persona 2, Rhapsody, Xenogears).

You just suck at game collecting to not immediately notice that they're obvious reprints. Get educated about this shit before you get scammed.

#20 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:48 AM

Does it really matter what it sells for if I have no intention of EVER selling it? I've got a spare poorly functioning kidney I would sell before selling off my game collection. These are with me till the day I die.

But if all you want to do is play it, you could get the one posted here, sell your sealed one and clear a pretty good profit. At this point it would not make a lot of sense to open a sealed steal book copy.

#21 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:51 AM

Hopefully Xenoblades gets the WIi U HD treatment, or at the very least Nintendo offers a downloadable WIi version. I would never give that much to Gamestop.

#22 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:55 AM

But if all you want to do is play it, you could get the one posted here, sell your sealed one and clear a pretty good profit. At this point it would not make a lot of sense to open a sealed steal book copy.

Don't you understand?  He will NEVER EVER EVER SELL HIS GAME COLLECTION.  This shit is IMPORTANT yo.  

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#23 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:58 AM

Don't you understand? He will NEVER EVER EVER SELL HIS GAME COLLECTION. This shit is IMPORTANT yo.

This guy gets it. Yo

#24 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:34 AM

My store has had a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles on the shelf for the last three months. Are they supposed to be hard to find?

16Z462z.jpg

#25 pittsnoggle

pittsnoggle

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:37 AM

My store has had a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles on the shelf for the last three months. Are they supposed to be hard to find?

they were extremely hard to find till the reprint

690810.png

#26 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:41 AM

They could drop to $20 and I still wouldn't buy them...

#27 Scouter

Scouter

El Psy Kangaroo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:59 AM

That sounds harsh. :O

Friend code: 1091-7990-3911             Water Gyarados Octillery Frogadier

#28 syrdiman

syrdiman

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:14 AM

Hopefully Xenoblades gets the WIi U HD treatment, or at the very least Nintendo offers a downloadable WIi version. I would never give that much to Gamestop.

They did, its called Xenoblade Chronicles X ;)

#29 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:32 PM

They did, its called Xenoblade Chronicles X ;)

Sequel =/= HD up-res.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Sonic Battle (GBA), :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Nothing, Pippin01.gif- Nothing
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Beyond Good & Evil (GCN), 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#30 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:51 PM

I'd buy Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade at $20 each.  Shoot, I'd pay that price for Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Kirby's Return to Dreamland.  I'm all for reprints, but not at $50 a piece.