What is the PS3's status at this point?

oscar95336

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Hi everyone I just wanted to see what other people think about what is going to happen to the ps3 by the start of next year. if you don't already know the sony e3 conference had little to nothing of ps3 titles. do you think this is the last year for the ps3?

Hi everyone I just wanted to see what other people think about what is going to happen to the ps3 by the start of next year. if you don't already know the sony e3 conference had little to nothing of ps3 titles. do you think this is the last year for the ps3?
Nope, stupid cross gen will be around all through next year.

No first party titles for it but lots of 3rd party still. It and 360 are too large of an install base to start to ignore yet. I think cross gen will still be through most of next year if not all through it.

LittleBigPlanet 3 and kingdom hearts 2.5 by end of this year.

Playstation Now expansion, Persona 5, multimedia apps, and third party support should keep the PS3 platform alive for many years to come.

Sony is known for keeping their systems alive for at least 10 years.

I'm still waiting for them to start moving those JRPG's over to PS4. Because they still plan on coming out on PS3 like Persona 5 and Fairy Fencer F.

Do not take it personally but this question gets asked a lot.  Not necessarily here but I've seen or heard it a lot.  The appropriate answer is similar to what Brain responds to Pinky - the same thing that happens when every new system comes out.  More games are exclusive to the new system, while the old system with the bigger install base still gets a number of good games.  After a couple of years, when the install base is big enough, those big name games are only produced on the new gen systems while some games are still produced on both and even less are only produced on the previous gen system.

If you really want an idea, see what happened to the PS1 when the PS2 came out and the PS2 when the PS3 came out.  The PS2 lasted longer (I believe) than the PS1.  The PS3 will be around for at least 3-5 more years.  Now, how long games you want will still be coming out for it are another question.  It is still one of the best all-purpose systems around.  It blows away the Xbone as an all-in-one multimedia center IMO.

bread's done
Back