Last of Us Remastered for PS4 $49.99 @ Amazon.com

Going go for it especially for the preorder bonus. This can technically be $40 as Amazon is running a promotion of buy a $50 gift card, get $10 free promotion credit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going go for it especially for the preorder bonus. This can technically be $40 as Amazon is running a promotion of buy a $50 gift card, get $10 free promotion credit.
Is the preorder bonus from Amazon only? Haven't had much time to follow this game lately. Already platinum this on the PS3 but might double dip and get this for PS4 also.

Is the preorder bonus from Amazon only? Haven't had much time to follow this game lately. Already platinum this on the PS3 but might double dip and get this for PS4 also.
I think it's universal but other place still have this game for $60 at the moment.

God where do companies get the balls to sell us the same game for full price over a year later. Really irks me...
  • Now featuring full 1080p(targeting 60fps), higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, in addition to several other gameplay improvements.
  • Abandoned Territories Map Pack
  • Reclaimed Territories Map Pack
  • Left Behind Single Player campaign
or you can wait for a price drop...

• Now featuring full 1080p(targeting 60fps), higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, in addition to several other gameplay improvements.
  • Abandoned Territories Map Pack
  • Reclaimed Territories Map Pack
  • Left Behind Single Player campaign
or you can wait for a price drop...
This is a very good deal already. The 3 DLCs are $30 themselves.

I SO HOPE best buy price matches or follows suit if this is an across the board drop. This still ends up being cheaper than GCU (with tax) so if they don't I'll be getting from Amazon I guess.

Even so, better than anything out.

It'll sell good, people really want a sequel.
Ive seen a hell of a lot more people say they don't want a sequel than people who do want one.

God where do companies get the balls to sell us the same game for full price over a year later. Really irks me...
Then don't fucking buy it. Jesus youre actually taking this so personal that it has effected you enough to irk you which means it has changed your mental state to a negative? Damn, I think 65,000 for a car is way too much money but I don't run around saying "That price irks me!" or let it effect me personally......I just don't buy it.

Oh those companies get those balls by selling their product for what they want because it belongs to them and because people will buy it because companies are in business to make money.....just incase you didn't realize that.

If BB matches I might pick this up, waiting for $40 or less. Already beat the PS3 version and I just got it again for $15 so I can wait it out.

You can price match this @ BB. It's

Bestbuy w/GCU  = $39.99 

Target w/Red Card $42.50 (w/$5 off $50)

Amazon =  $34.99 w/release day delivery on prime membership ($10 credit on $50 gc purchase and addition $5 for installing app latter ONE time code)

Um you can't price match and get 20% off at BBY... This has been nausea ad nauseam
Really? I've been doing it for a year now and most recently with a 3ds game. Maybe you need to hassle them. The guys at my BB are great and gave the discount without any issue.

Then don't fucking buy it. Jesus youre actually taking this so personal that it has effected you enough to irk you which means it has changed your mental state to a negative? Damn, I think 65,000 for a car is way too much money but I don't run around saying "That price irks me!" or let it effect me personally......I just don't buy it.

Oh those companies get those balls by selling their product for what they want because it belongs to them and because people will buy it because companies are in business to make money.....just incase you didn't realize that.
You do see the irony in getting pissed off about a forum comment about somebody getting irked about the price right? If Emoney's opinions bug you this much just don't read what he writes.

As it stands, I happen to agree with him. I like to play games, but I don't like paying full price for games that came out a long time ago just because it includes a bit of extra DLC (which in this case I wouldn't touch anyways, I've heard bad things about TLoU online) and barely touched up graphics. That's what stopped me from buying Wind Waker HD before this MK8 deal. I can assure you, from experience, that only a small fraction of the resources that go into new AAA games go into these ports. But at least with this game the price should plummet quickly enough.

But it still sells and that encourages the company to do it again, so to use the Nintendo example again, rather than getting an HD Zelda bundle for $50 we will get individual games shat out for a quick buck, and people will still buy it. By that same token, if this sells well, then Sony might see fit to rerelease God of War and Uncharted on PS4 for top dollar rather than focusing on new stuff. I don't know. Either way though it's a fair complaint, and it's not like he's stopping you from buying it if you still wish too.

It's like politics lol everyone has their own opinions. I come from the camp that the customer is always right and a company should go out of it's way to do anything, short of bankruptcy, for their business. Others see things differently. It's all just opinions man lol.

Last edited:
I never bought the DLC left behind, so I'm rebutting mainly for that

I don't think the game will look much better since it was already so amazing

Will pick up for 30-40

That's great, but super YMMV.

what is the $50 GC $10 credit deal right now?
they might be talking about the amazon student prime deal but that was only for Father's Day and I've yet to get the credit, although it gave a deadline of end of June. I haven't seen any other deals like that

Ive seen a hell of a lot more people say they don't want a sequel than people who do want one.

Yeah, everyone at e3 was wrong..

Maybe You don't want it.

A BB price would be best.   You can sometimes get them to match the 20% on top of a price match but this one has a ton of red flags and would be difficult.   Some of the difficulties I think you would face right now:

1.  It's a preorder so I don't think you can pay it off in full so a pricematch now would have to be done online I believe.

2.  Online reps aren't usually as accommodating as in store but this probably is YMMV depending on who you are and who you get.

3.  The system will not automatically take the 20% off for GCU after something has been manually adjusted.  It has to be a manual override from a manager.   

Ideally, they will just price match it straight out on their website and save the hassle.

On another note for those that do not pay tax at Amazon this is probably a better deal than straight GCU without a pricematch.

So where is this $5 off $50 code or coupon for Target.com? I tried searching online for it, said the coupon would show up automatically, but nothing so far. :(

A BB price would be best. You can sometimes get them to match the 20% on top of a price match but this one has a ton of red flags and would be difficult. Some of the difficulties I think you would face right now:

1. It's a preorder so I don't think you can pay it off in full so a pricematch now would have to be done online I believe.
2. Online reps aren't usually as accommodating as in store but this probably is YMMV depending on who you are and who you get.
3. The system will not automatically take the 20% off for GCU after something has been manually adjusted. It has to be a manual override from a manager.

Ideally, they will just price match it straight out on their website and save the hassle.

On another note for those that do not pay tax at Amazon this is probably a better deal than straight GCU without a pricematch.
I recommend that GCU members go to the Best Buy forums and let them know we want a price match....

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/bd-p/gamersclub

Hopefully GF or redbox will carry this. Already Plat the ps3 version and I just want to see what how are the visual upgrades they did.

thanks OP, pre-ordered will play through furiously the first few days and trade in to BB or GS for nearly what I paid, and rebuy if I feel like it on black friday.

Would like to hear how you get the $10 for buying a $50 amazon GC tho don't see anything about it anywhere

bread's done
Back