Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Dragon's Crown - $19.99 Vita / $25.99 PS3 @ Amazon (price dropped at GS too)

vita ps3 dragons crown

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:37 PM

Dragon's Crown has finally dropped a little more in price, after holding its value for a long time on both platforms.

Amazon - Vita version $19.99
Amazon - PS3 version $25.99

Gamestop - Vita version $19.99
Gamestop - PS3 version $29.99

New copies for both platforms at Gamestop are getting kind of scarce, I was able to pick up an extra Vita copy (already have the game) at one local Gamestop, but many stores just have one gutted copy (or no copies) for both platforms. Amazon's PS3 copies have been selling quickly at the new lower price, last I checked they only had two PS3 copies but "more on the way" (supposedly). You may need to view other sellers on Amazon's PS3 link to find Amazon's version, since they temporarily ran out of stock.

#2 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:41 PM

Wanting to get in on GF's 20 dollar deal, but this may have to do.

660090.png 660091.png

#3 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:23 PM

Come on Best Buy price match! My GCU is the only thing making me not immediately jump on this. I've been waiting sooo long for this to drop to $20 or less. Missed out on the one time Newegg had it on sale for $20. Never even saw the thread till someone pointed it out to me in a thread weeks later. Apparently was gone in just a few minutes. No surprise there.

This had to have just dropped. I looked maybe a couple hours ago to see the current pricing out of curiosity. This is the only Vita game I want that I don't have yet.

#4 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:32 PM

Come on Best Buy price match! My GCU is the only thing making me not immediately jump on this. I've been waiting sooo long for this to drop to $20 or less. Missed out on the one time Newegg had it on sale for $20. Never even saw the thread till someone pointed it out to me in a thread weeks later. Apparently was gone in just a few minutes. No surprise there.

This had to have just dropped. I looked maybe a couple hours ago to see the current pricing out of curiosity. This is the only Vita game I want that I don't have yet.

Best Buy never even carried this in stores, just online.  They seem to be very slow to drop the price, I doubt they bought too many copies of the game.  $20 is a great price for the Vita physical version, although they did have a digital sale for less than $20 recently on PSN.  I already owned both versions (physical) but got an extra Vita version to keep sealed, and will get an extra PS3 copy when I get a chance.

#5 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:39 PM

Best Buy never even carried this in stores, just online.  They seem to be very slow to drop the price, I doubt they bought too many copies of the game.  $20 is a great price for the Vita physical version, although they did have a digital sale for less than $20 recently on PSN.  I already owned both versions (physical) but got an extra Vita version to keep sealed, and will get an extra PS3 copy when I get a chance.

They had them in my local Best Buys for a few months after release. I would have bought the digital version when it was on sale, but I have a fairly strict $15 cap on digital games. I only break it for occassional digital only games because you never know if/when it'll drop lower.

It doesn't have to be available in-store for the website to match the price. I managed to reach elite status at Best Buy last year thanks to my dad buying a new TV through my account so I'd get free shipping on it so that's not a factor for me.

#6 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:39 PM

Is there any reason to get new over used for the Vita? I see some used copies nearby.

#7 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:45 PM

Is there any reason to get new over used for the Vita? I see some used copies nearby.

None other than the same for most any platform: feed the developers and not Gamestop. Used works just the same as new. As long as the box isn't trashed it's virtually indistinguishable.

#8 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:37 PM

I picked up a complete PO copy at GS when it was reported in the SMTIV thread on Weds.  $14.xx with CA taxes.  Nice deal.

#9 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:25 PM

Grabbed a complete (used) Vita copy from Gamestop yesterday for $15ish + tax after the birthday coupon.  I was going to get a new copy as the same store also had one, but I would rather save the $5.  I bet the copies dry up from Gamestop quickly, so I would grab one while you can.

#10 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:51 PM

Still waiting for $10 on this or just free on PS+.  Maybe we're finally getting closer...

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#11 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Germany 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:37 AM

Still waiting for $10 on this or just free on PS+.  Maybe we're finally getting closer...

I imagine it would be a PS+ first (or maybe I am just hoping). I have the disc based, but I will take a free download.

Those who would buy this used over a new copy if you had a chance- just by the damn new one. Like the above post stated, feed the dev not Fuck en GS.

But buy it whatever option is available.

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Updated List- Come Buy My Stuff Cheap!

#12 x_RadicalAura_x

x_RadicalAura_x

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:42 PM

Thanks OP, snagged one! I don't care if it comes to the PS+ IGC relatively soon, I prefer physical copies whenever possible.

#13 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:46 PM

Thanks OP, snagged one! I don't care if it comes to the PS+ IGC relatively soon, I prefer physical copies whenever possible.

Agreed. Even though it's possible to see it next month, I had to grab a copy at Best Buy with a PM. Thanks for the topic.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#14 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:14 PM

Just got it used at Gamestop complete for $14 after birthday coupon. Great deal.

#15 alucardus

alucardus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:24 AM

Just received my copy from Amazon today. Surprisingly they sent me one that is shrink wrapped with the art book. I believe this is only for those who preordered the game from amazon. Kinda surprise they still have them in stock.

#16 JakeM17

JakeM17

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:37 AM

Just received my copy from Amazon today. Surprisingly they sent me one that is shrink wrapped with the art book. I believe this is only for those who preordered the game from amazon. Kinda surprise they still have them in stock.

I actually really wanted the artbook. Might order one if thats the case.

#17 sidewalkhustla

sidewalkhustla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:45 AM

Man I wish I hadn't seen this cuz with my luck I won't get one then I'll be upset

#18 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:38 AM

Ordered Vita version.  Still hope PS3 version go little lower $20 or less ;)

"Evil is Funs"

#19 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:14 AM

Ordered Vita version.  Still hope PS3 version go little lower $20 or less ;)

Plays better on Vita anyway. The touch looting trumps scrolling around with the stick to click each piece.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#20 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:06 PM

I ordered one of each version from Amazon, will report back about the art book when I get them. PS3 version was OOS when I ordered, so I doubt it will have one (they're restocking). But there were 3 more Vita copies left after my order, so it may still be included with that copy.

#21 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:18 PM

You don't have to click on ps3 anymore, you just have to move the cursor over an area. They patched alot of stuff including making the wizard op with charge and adding a harder difficulty.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#22 Supplice

Supplice

Popcorn.gif

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:39 PM

Plays better on Vita anyway. The touch looting trumps scrolling around with the stick to click each piece.

The vita version certainty plays a lot better than it used to be, but it still suffers from some frame drops. Especially in the Tower of Mirage.  :???:

They patched alot of stuff including making the wizard op with charge and adding a harder difficulty.

Wizard has always been OP.  :)

#23 chinaurge

chinaurge

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:35 PM

Gamefly has the PS3 version for $17.99. 

Last time they had it at this price it went pretty fast.

www.gamefly.com/Buy-Dragon's-Crown/5002987

EDIT: Sold Out

#24 Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:15 PM

Just got my Vita copy from Amazon and it too came with the art book. Rad!

#25 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:48 PM

Oh, that's the missing link. The first guy who reported getting the artbook probably also ordered the Vita version whereas most people would want it for PS3. Thanks Fry.

#26 Sneaktip

Sneaktip

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:20 PM

Has anyone else received the art book with the PS3 version?  This price drop was very temporary as it's now $29.  If the art books are gone I'm going to hold out for $19.99 which was my original plan with this game.

#27 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:49 PM

Has anyone else received the art book with the PS3 version?  This price drop was very temporary as it's now $29.  If the art books are gone I'm going to hold out for $19.99 which was my original plan with this game.

I ordered the Vita and PS3 versions a few days ago, but haven't received them yet.  The PS3 version was OOS and no shipping date given, the Vita version was in stock but hasn't shipped yet (slow FSSS).  Will report back on the artbook, but I really don't expect to get one since Amazon is restocking that version, and probably won't get more artbooks.  I am hoping to get the Vita version with art book since that never went out of stock, but who knows.  Others here have gotten them.  But Amazon only shows 3 copies left right now for Vita (or is that a 3-copy limit per order, who knows), so these may come without art books in the near future as well.

#28 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:03 PM

I just clicked all the links in the OP and all prices are still valid.

#29 happysquish

happysquish

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:22 PM

I just received my copies from Amazon (that I ordered on the 20th) and the Vita version did not come with the artbook but the PS3 version did come with the artbook shrinkwrapped to it.

#30 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:05 PM

I'll report back when my Vita copy rolls in tomorrow. Hoping that artbook is included, but I'm fairly optimistic that it will.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac