Amazon Gold Box - Beyond, Skylanders SF, Murdered: Soul Suspect, Drakengard 3

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Pride7ds

Pride7ds

Praise the Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:46 AM

Didn't see it posted anywhere yet but Amazon's Gold Box today has the following (all EST):

http://www.amazon.co...cs_top_nav_gb27

9:00 AM - Beyond: Two Souls
11:00 AM - Skylanders Swap Force Starter Pack - $27.99
1:00 PM - Turtle Beach Marvel Seven LE Gaming Headset - $89.99
5:00 PM - Murdered: Soul Suspect :ps3: :360: $29.99. :ps4: :xb1: $39.99
9:00 PM - Drakengard 3 :ps3:

Currently Playing:
:360: FIFA World Cup 2014

:xb1: Watch Dogs, Titanfall, Battlefield 4

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World

#2 moggsster

moggsster

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:51 AM

Hm, might consider getting Drakengard 3 if the price is right. Square never shipped my CE though they did send me the pre order DLC.

#3 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:44 PM

beyond is a fantastic game !
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#4 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:46 PM

beyond is a fantastic game !

...at $10 or less, maybe. :???:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/26]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Hard] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#5 micbelt

micbelt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:00 PM

Gold box is live, price is $19.99

micbelt.png

#6 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:17 PM

...at $10 or less, maybe. :???:

Your dumb

#7 chnandler_bong

chnandler_bong

A cold-a$$ honky.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:20 PM

Your dumb

Ah the irony...

ach.png

xkcd comics: Zealous Autoconfig | Macgyver Gets Lazy | RTFM | Borders | A random comic strip

Spoiler

- Egon, this reminds me of the time you tried to drill a hole through your head. Remember that?
- That would have worked if you hadn't stopped me.

#8 Equistina

Equistina

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:23 PM

Your dumb

If you're going to call someone dumb, make sure you at least use the correct wording. It should be "you're dumb" (you are dumb) not "your dumb" (his dumb what? Your dumb "insert thing or whatever here" for example?)

Who's dumb now? ;)

:whee:

Equistina.png

#9 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:28 PM

Your dumb

:roll: Right. I played the game for free through my library until I got the platinum trophy, and I still didn't enjoy it all that much. I was saying that if you really wanted to buy it, $10 is the highest I recommend paying.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

#10 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:31 PM

How is it I know nothing about Drakengard despite it being around for over a decade?  I'm curious about what the heck it is.  Might buy if it's cheap enough.

Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#11 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:35 PM

How is it I know nothing about Drakengard despite it being around for over a decade?  I'm curious about what the heck it is.  Might buy if it's cheap enough.

I'm probably not doing the series enough justice with this description, but you could describe it as a "really depressing and/or vulgar Dynasty Warriors-esque Action-RPG".

Cloud_Squall78.png

#12 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:33 PM

How is it I know nothing about Drakengard despite it being around for over a decade?  I'm curious about what the heck it is.  Might buy if it's cheap enough

Well I have played up till chapter 4 and I can give some of my thoughts.  

- it plays much like DW games except not as many enemies on the screen at once.  I wold put it more like Ninja Gaiden type feel but nowhere near as good or complex. 

- It has serious frame rate issues.  Should not be this way since graphics are not really that good.

- Dialogue is crude and vulgar that seems forced.  Vulgar of the sake of vulgar.  Although the dialogue between the Dragon and Zero can be humorous at times.

- Completely linear game.

- Controlling the dragon can be hard till you get used to it.  So far the sequences involving the dragon are not too hard.  

- Blood splatters everywhere.

Actually now that I think more of it this game reminds me of Bullet Witch without a dragon.  It you have played that then you probably know what you are in for.

Less than $20 is about right price.

CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#13 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:35 PM

:roll: Right. I played the game for free through my library until I got the platinum trophy, and I still didn't enjoy it all that much. I was saying that if you really wanted to buy it, $10 is the highest I recommend paying.

I think I've disagreed with you before on this sort of thing, but all the same - I find it hard to accept the opinion of someone who would platinum a game despite not enjoying it.  That's just bizarre to me.  $20 seems alright for Beyond.

Posted Image

#14 aardvarkgod

aardvarkgod

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:41 PM

Actually now that I think more of it this game reminds me of Bullet Witch without a dragon.  It you have played that then you probably know what you are in for.

Oh, that disappoints me.  The game and concept seemed decent but to hear it compared to Bullet Witch is harsh.  I've played through BW for all of the achievements and would never do it again (regardless of how skimpy the costumes get).  Surely the controls are better in Drakengard as that was the worst part of BW for me (well, that and the stupid repetitive monsters).

Currently Playing: :xb1: Thief | :ps4: Knack | :360: Lightning Returns | :ps3: The Last of Us |  :3ds: Bravely Default | :pc: Elder Scrolls Online

Recently Beat: :xb1: Ryse | :ps4: InFamous: Second Son | :360: Charlie Murder

#15 morpheus47

morpheus47

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:55 PM

I picked up Beyond Two Souls.

#16 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:00 PM

Oh, that disappoints me.  The game and concept seemed decent but to hear it compared to Bullet Witch is harsh.  I've played through BW for all of the achievements and would never do it again (regardless of how skimpy the costumes get).  Surely the controls are better in Drakengard as that was the worst part of BW for me (well, that and the stupid repetitive monsters).

Yes the control are better.  But BW comes to mind when I think of D3.  Been awhile since I played BW but I remember the feeling of playing BW and this game felt similar.  D3 you definitely run a lot faster than BW.

Oh yeah and the camera is all wonky in D3.

I could also say it is a really crappy version of Drakengard.

Again I am not too far into it so things could get better but I doubt it.

CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#17 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:23 PM

They added Murdered Soul Suspect at 4PM CDT and a Turtle Beach Marvel LE Gaming Headset that starts at noon CDT (~30 minutes from now).

the_it_crowd_moss.jpgdefault.png

#18 Pride7ds

Pride7ds

Praise the Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:20 PM

They added Murdered Soul Suspect at 4PM CDT and a Turtle Beach Marvel LE Gaming Headset that starts at noon CDT (~30 minutes from now).

Thanks - added it to the OP.

Currently Playing:
:360: FIFA World Cup 2014

:xb1: Watch Dogs, Titanfall, Battlefield 4

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World

#19 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:27 PM

I'm still after Drakengard 3, but I can't see it going low enough to warrant a pickup yet. I'd really like to get it for $20 or less, but I get the feeling they will post it for $40 which I can get anytime through Best Buy GCU. They could really tempt me by putting it up for $30 though...

#20 Leftykins

Leftykins

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:28 PM

Jumped on Skylanders since it was the same price as Best Buy after GCU and I had some amazon credit to burn.

Completed Games:

[2013] [2014]

#21 budz

budz

I like bananas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:57 PM

May get murdered soul suspect if it's 35 or less. It seems a lot like heavy rain , and the Mrs. loved that title

#22 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:34 PM

May get murdered soul suspect if it's 35 or less. It seems a lot like heavy rain , and the Mrs. loved that title

I 100% Murdered: SS last week on a 5 day rental (actually only took me 4 days) and I really enjoyed it... That being said, I wouldn't pay more than $20 for it since the is very little (if any) replay value. The big reason Heavy Rain is better from a story standpoint is there are many outcomes.

If you do get it and are going to 100% it feel free to send me a PM. If you play the game with full out intention of 100% from the start, you will get very very bored. You can easily wait until the last two chapters to do it.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#23 chnandler_bong

chnandler_bong

A cold-a$$ honky.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:10 PM

I'm still after Drakengard 3, but I can't see it going low enough to warrant a pickup yet. I'd really like to get it for $20 or less, but I get the feeling they will post it for $40 which I can get anytime through Best Buy GCU. They could really tempt me by putting it up for $30 though...

Since the game just released last week (or so), I highly doubt it will be under $40...

ach.png

xkcd comics: Zealous Autoconfig | Macgyver Gets Lazy | RTFM | Borders | A random comic strip

Spoiler

- Egon, this reminds me of the time you tried to drill a hole through your head. Remember that?

#24 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:12 PM

Since the game just released last week (or so), I highly doubt it will be under $40...

It released last month, but I agree, it likely won't be under $40, and if it is, it won't be by much.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#25 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:37 PM

Oh I assume there's virtually no chance of it dropping that low, I was just saying that it will have to reach that for me to buy it. No reason to rush on a lightning deal for the $40 I'd wager it will be when I can literally buy it any time I want for that. Backlogs make it so I can wait out my buy price on just about anything so I can wait on Drakengard.

#26 chnandler_bong

chnandler_bong

A cold-a$$ honky.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

Oh I assume there's virtually no chance of it dropping that low, I was just saying that it will have to reach that for me to buy it. No reason to rush on a lightning deal for the $40 I'd wager it will be when I can literally buy it any time I want for that. Backlogs make it so I can wait out my buy price on just about anything so I can wait on Drakengard.

Word. I have a weird relationship with my backlog...every other blue moon I pull out something old and binge on it for a weekend until I'm disgusted with it...otherwise I just ignore my backlog. :)

ach.png

Spoiler

#27 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:00 PM

It released last month, but I agree, it likely won't be under $40, and if it is, it won't be by much.

currently it is sitting at $40.59 , the lowest it will get is probably $34.99 from amazon. i can see this game clearanced out at bestbuy.com for $31.99 in the next six months.

#28 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:11 PM

Your dumb

YOUR gonna have a lot of people convinced of your argument...

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#29 Starcrest

Starcrest

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:24 PM

So is murdered worth 30? I'm thinking 20.

#30 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:47 PM

What did they sell 

Drakengard 3 for?

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay