Need help picking out a gaming PC.

justins76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Nvidia 635GT isn't a great card in any sense of the word.    Power supply is 460W which gives you some leeway in upgrading a video card, though not a whole lot since most mid-range and higher video cards need a 500W+ power supply.

There is a huge difference between Dell and XPS.  XPS uses better parts and has separate customer support.

Nvidia 635GT isn't a great card in any sense of the word. Power supply is 460W which gives you some leeway in upgrading a video card, though not a whole lot since most mid-range and higher video cards need a 500W+ power supply.
It's for casual gaming. I'll probably try the Marvel MMO, Sims 4, Minecraft and such. If the card isn't good enough for those either is it difficult upgrading the power supply?

There is a huge difference between Dell and XPS. XPS uses better parts and has separate customer support.
Thanks for the clarification helps me if I do decide to pick this unit up.

Upgrading a PSU isn't hard... the problem is, most vendors usually use proprietary size PSUs, meaning a standard PSU won't fit in there. Not sure if XPS does or not though. 

bread's done
Back