atari jaguar cd

lowdwn169

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I happened on a working jaguar CD for super cheap($7. yes, seven dollars!) It works perfect except the eject button it kind of hard to push. Anything I could do to loosen it up with out tearing it apart. I'm afraid to mess something up and it quit working. Thanks

It's not that hard to take apart and put back together, but I can't guarantee that it won't break anything else. Your only two options really is to take it apart and see what's wrong or just live with it. Personally, I'd probably just live with it and I'm super jealous since I never have been able to get my Jaguar CD to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Jaguar CD was notoriously flimsy, and would commonly break. You're very fortunate to have found a working model for such a low price.

If you aren't confident in your maintenance abilities, I'd say just live with the eject button the way it is. I wouldn't, but I take apart and maintain systems all the time. I dismantled my Retron 5 just to get rid of a bit of errant plastic wrap. I take apart just about every used system I acquire for basic cleaning.

Finding a working Jaguar CD is no easy task. Good haul. I always thought the add-on looked like a toilet

atari_jaguar-cd_3.jpg

I've taken just about every system I have for maintenance of some sort at one time or another. Im pretty confident in my abilities. This one I think I'll leave alone though. Its more of a nuisance than anything. Just wanted some opinions. Thanks everyone!

I remember I watched a video about this system, I think it wasnt a very good one and a year or 2 later PSX shattered the system I think.

I remember I watched a video about this system, I think it wasnt a very good one and a year or 2 later PSX shattered the system I think.
The Jaguar CD was released after the Playstation and Saturn. It was released to try to keep up with the new CD consoles, but it never sold very well.

Rodimus sadly the Jaguar cd isn't nearly as curvy from the true pictures of it.  I wish the Jaguar CD pictures actually matched the concept photo.  Instead the corners look so sharp you could cut your fingers on it.

Rodimus sadly the Jaguar cd isn't nearly as curvy from the true pictures of it. I wish the Jaguar CD pictures actually matched the concept photo. Instead the corners look so sharp you could cut your fingers on it.
I had no idea that was a concept picture.

bread's done
Back