Groupon Iron Man 1 for $5

As a general rule I usually don't spend more than $10 per movie on a blu-ray just because history has always shown me that they'll usually fall to that at some point or sale, and the few that don't usually aren't worth watching outside of cable anyways.  After the shipping and the tax rape this just barely squeezes under $20 for both movies.

So I can't decide if I should go for it.  I've seen them both on TV already (FX) but it felt like it may have been cut-up?  And I remember being mildly offended at the complete and utter stereotype the 2nd movies villain was.  I can't decide if I want to pull the trigger or not lol.

Last edited:
As a general rule I usually don't spend more than $10 per movie on a blu-ray just because history has always shown me that they'll usually fall to that at some point or sale, and the few that don't usually aren't worth watching outside of cable anyways. After the shipping and the tax rape this just barely squeezes under $20 for both movies.

So I can't decide if I should go for it. I've seen them both on TV already (FX) but it felt like it may have been cut-up? And I remember being mildly offended at the complete and utter stereotype the 2nd movies villain was. I can't decide if I want to pull the trigger or not lol.
I have to say that Iron Man 1 is definitely worth the purchase if you enjoy superhero movies. This probably was the best Marvel movie created since The Winter Soldier that came out in April.

It all depends on how much you like Iron Man.

I have to say that Iron Man 1 is definitely worth the purchase if you enjoy superhero movies. This probably was the best Marvel movie created since The Winter Soldier that came out in April.

It all depends on how much you like Iron Man.
Thanks for the input, I will probably go for it. If nothing else, I haven't seen these in a long time so it'll be fun to catch them again.

iron man 2 wasnt the best of the mcu storyline up to this point but it is very important to the storyline leading up to avengers 1 so imo its a must have. plus for 5$ its a steal. btw it looks great on blu ray compaired to that garbage fx version

Last edited by a moderator:
How good are the extras in the 2 disk version of iron man?  Are they the same as the DVD version?  I'm trying to decide if I want to pick this up or continue looking for a good deal on the 2 disk version.  If the extras are the same as the dvd, I'll just keep my steelbook dvd version for the extras and get this version.

Gah I placed my order yesterday afternoon and it still "awaiting fulfillment".  I never deal with Groupon, is it normal for them to take forever to even start processing the order?  I know Budz said shipping was slow but I would've thought they'd have done something by now....

this thing never drops below 20$. great price for a great pilot to this amazing mcu storyline :D
I wouldnt say that now i bought iron man 1,2,3 for 6.99 each on blu ray like 2 or 3 years ago. Older movies go for pretty cheap in most stores now depending on the stores. I usually dont pay more then 15.99 for any blu rays new or old unless its a tv series.

I wouldnt say that now i bought iron man 1,2,3 for 6.99 each on blu ray like 2 or 3 years ago. Older movies go for pretty cheap in most stores now depending on the stores. I usually dont pay more then 15.99 for any blu rays new or old unless its a tv series.
where did you get them at ? ive never seen retailers drop these that low. if disney didnt own them than it would be common

where did you get them at ? ive never seen retailers drop these that low. if disney didnt own them than it would be common
I got them on sale I have over 550+ blu rays movies/ tv series. I got 1 and 2 a couple years ago on Black Friday. I agree with what your saying on a average day nothing will be cheap unless there is a sale. But to say they have never been that cheap is wrong because i have had them. Blu rays drop in price the longer the movie has been out. There is always deals on something eventually. You just have to keep an eye out for em. Isnt that what this site is for? Another site that shows cheap deals is Blu Ray.com they usually update there site on who has the cheapest deal on the movie you want.

bread's done
Back