Beware the Batman Season 1, Part 2 (Blu-ray) $19.95 @ WBShop

DNukem170

Banned
It wasn't just boring, KL, it was awful in general.  It did pick up a bit after whatserface officially joined team bat, but it was still really bad.

It's not bad, but GLTAS is the best option if you're looking for a comic based cartoon.
I am assuming you mean "by WB, on Blu-ray, and not sold in stores" because B:TAS, Justice League, and Young Justice were better.

And Batman: Brave and the Bold > Green Lantern too.

Not saying BatB is the Top DC show (though it is in the top 10), but I personally think it is way better than GL.

It's not bad, but GLTAS is the best option if you're looking for a comic based cartoon.
You are kidding right? I never saw Beware the Batman but GLTAS was absolutely abysmal, even for a young children's show. I can't begin to understand how anybody could enjoy something so cliched, predictable, and frankly downright moronic. Maybe part of it is cause I am a huge GL fan but the VA is the only thing I can say didn't absolutely suck.

Hell, it was hardly even GL... from the RL's that were obviously the Sinestro Corps reskinned at the last minute, to the idea of paying "reparations" for the destruction of an entire sector, to a Larfleeze that was nothing more than a cheap Gollum knockoff with a ring, to the idea of both GL's and RL's needing starships to travel the universe, to AI's completely forced "evolution" into a villain so shitty it makes Harvest look like Lex fucking Luthor...... god what a shitty show.

For reasons I don't comprehend I forced myself to watch every episode, hoping it would eventually get better, and it never did. Honest to god, the only entertainment I EVER got from the show was that one scene where Atrocitus enter's the Guardians chambers and Hal tries to stop him, and Atrocitus just beats the hell out of him with his fists while the Guardians cower in fear. I know it was supposed to be a dark and super-serious scene, but I must admit, that shit was so hilarious I was ROFL. Each one of those Guardians has the power of like 10 GL's yet they sit there in the corner and act helpless so they can see Hal get the shit beat out of him.... lol. Otherwise it was a completely miserable experience I wouldn't wish on anybody.

Last edited:
Don't know what you were expecting but it was pretty on par with other Bruce Timm shows. Basically your only reason is " I didn't like it" RLs re skinned Sinestro Corps? Go away, I've seen production sketches that prove otherwise, add the fact that they were clearly setting up Sinestro Corps for season 2 proves you're just trying to troll. On the CAG board no less, good effort, though. Paragraphs &  punctuation...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, I listed several reasons, if you can't comprehend what I wrote that's on you but don't try to twist my words or flat out lie about what I've said. You are being a total dumbass.

And I didn't even get into the broader issues, such as the plot that was so fucking derivative/cliched it felt like a grade schoolers fanwork or the dialogue that would make a preschooler roll their eyes.

And no, they were clearly NOT setting up the SInestro Corps. He had one single episode where he was a bit naughty, how the fuck do you get Sinestro Corps from that? A connected guy like you who has seen all these production sketches should have no problem linking plenty of evidence, but you didn't......

Finally, this show was absolutely NOT on par with Bruce Timm. At all. I don't know if he was beat mercilessly or took a fucking anvil to the head, but something sure as hell happened for a great like him to churn out a turd like this. Saying it's on par with his other work is the greatest insult to the DCAU that you can make.

I just can't stand stuck up little shits who try to insult anybody else who has even the slightest difference of opinion, especially when they have to lie to do it. Do you really feel so poorly about yourself you have to spend time insulting me about a show that was very clearly aimed at the preschool crowd? I mean I am perfectly happy to have a civil discussion but when you start to become insulting don't you realize nobody will want anything to do with you?

Oh, boy, the second worst batman series in recent memory is being sold, the part we never saw. Woo.
I assume you mean Birds of Prey was the worst? I don't know that it really counts as a Batman show though....

Last edited:
No, I'm referring to The Batman.
Aw come on, The Batman was fine. It kinda puttered out at the end with the cliched alien invasion, I really don't think that worked out well, and the absence of Ras/Scarecrow/TwoFace/ect sure didn't help, but otherwise I enjoyed it for what it was.

Now given a choice, I'd rather it never have existed at all because of how it screwed up several plans for JLU including some stuff with Nightwing/Joker/Ras/HugoStrange/ect, but the show itself wasn't bad.

To be honest, the only "modern" DC shows I've seen that I hated were Green Lantern TAS and that Superman + Legion of Superheroes cartoon that lasted for two seasons. Nothing has been able to match the DCAU in terms of quality, I mean how can it when the DCAU had over a decade to flesh out that universe and build up plot and continuity, but I always found plenty to love in The Batman/Brave and the Bold/Teen Titans Go/ect, hell even that Krypto show is charming in a preschool sort of way.

If Beware the Batman is better than The Batman I'll have to give it a chance, maybe someday somebody will actually see fit to put the entire run of these shows on Netflix instead of just the first seasons :whistle2:? Even so, I've always hated the Katana character, the art style looked pretty bad, and while I love Professor Pyg (or at least loved how Grant Morrison handled him) the idea of Professor Pyg toned down for a children's show sounds awful, and IIRC doesn't the show focus on him as a main villain?

Last edited:
The batman was awful, because they screwed up so many of the character designs, especially the Joker, and Catwoman.  The only one that I liked even a little was the Penguin's design.

The batman was awful, because they screwed up so many of the character designs, especially the Joker, and Catwoman. The only one that I liked even a little was the Penguin's design.
What was wrong with Catwoman? I don't remember seeing anything off there.

Joker was certainly...... off. I know they were going out of their way to differentiate him from the BTAS version. I would've liked some clarification on why he had those mutant feet, but otherwise I thought it was an interesting enough take on the character.

I liked The Batman's take on the Joker. It felt different from the DCAU version and his episodes were the best.

Professor Pyg was a re-occuring villain, but the Big Bads of Beware the Batman were Anarchy and Lady Shiva.

I liked The Batman's take on the Joker. It felt different from the DCAU version and his episodes were the best.

Professor Pyg was a re-occuring villain, but the Big Bads of Beware the Batman were Anarchy and Lady Shiva.
I wouldn't want to see that version replace the normal one in the comics (not that Joker's hardly been in the New 52 anyways....). But for a TV series like that I thought it worked pretty well. I still want to know why he had those freakish feet though.

And no, they were clearly NOT setting up the SInestro Corps. 

Yeah, him going rogue and killing a prisoner is being "a little naughty" and having a few episodes heavily feature the yellow ore and it's effects isn't foreshadowing at all. All I got again was "I didn't like it" and that's fine. Saying you're trolling isn't really insulting you, Not like I called you a "stuck up little shit" based on a forum post or anything :shame:

If you take this post serious you need to lighten up. I still like the show and you don't, no need for a drawn out argument. At least tell me you thought it was better than that Ryan Reynolds movie.

Beware the Batman has its good points, but you may think it's "aimed at the preschool crowd", it's cancelled after the first season though.

If you take this post serious you need to lighten up. I still like the show and you don't, no need for a drawn out argument. At least tell me you thought it was better than that Ryan Reynolds movie.
Absolutely not, that movie gets shat on way too much just because it's "cool to hate". It was no Godfather but it's not the travesty everyone makes it out to be either. How Green Lantern gets shat on while films like Transformers, Star Trek Into Darkness, and lately even shit like the fucking Spirit get praise is beyond me. I honestly think the general public and most comic fans are just stupid as hell.

Aside from Carol Ferris being completely miscast (and poorly written at that), the extended version being a complete waste, and the little ending with Sinestro, I had no problems with that movie. Most of the complaints I hear can be boiled down to the fact that the movie was "Green Lantern" and not "Green Lantern Corps".

Meanwhile, there's everything I said about Green Lantern TAS. I can't think of a worse superhero show since some of the mess Marvel cranked out in the 90's (Avengers... the one where they transformed with the armor :wall:).

Last edited:
I actually like the Transformers films (mostly), but I rarely see anybody actually praise them (except Brad Jones and his friends, who said they hated AoE and then proceeded to spend an hour saying how much better it was than the other 3).

I actually like the Transformers films (mostly), but I rarely see anybody actually praise them (except Brad Jones and his friends, who said they hated AoE and then proceeded to spend an hour saying how much better it was than the other 3).
Yeah I've heard some praise for all of them, both in person and online. I was mostly referring to the first movie which is actually rated (relatively) highly on Metacritic IIRC, with an even ridiculously higher user rating. And The Spirit, which may be just behind Dragonball Evolution and The Last Airbender as one of the worst films I've ever seen, seems to have developed itself a nice little cult following.

I can kinda see the appeal in Transformers as far as the designs go, they look amazing. I really did try to like them but even with those designs I just can't get into it, every other aspect is just so bad.

My thoughts exactly, I don't care for either. On a totally different topic, you getting Smash Bros for 3DS?
That's pretty off topic, but yeah. I wasn't going to, I always thought smash on a portable was a bad idea because the screen would be too small for most fights. However knowing the 3DS is getting it's own stages helps alleviate some of that, and with various coupons and offers I was able to pre-order it from K-Mart for a little under $20 so I went ahead and placed the order. The real question is will they honor that, or will they pull the same old crap and cancel my order the day it's supposed to ship :whistle2:?

Last edited:
And The Spirit, which may be just behind Dragonball Evolution and The Last Airbender as one of the worst films I've ever seen, seems to have developed itself a nice little cult following.
I think part of that is just rabid Miller fan boys who love everything he does, and another part are people who have been inspired by Linkara to snark endlessly at anything Miller.

you must be new to WB sale site they only have deals worth talking about during Holidays. Been shopping there for years since they opened.

Alfred_Pennyworth_Beware_the_Batman.jpg

This looks like someone took a wet shit on a CPR video and called it Batman hoping people would like it on name recognition alone.

bread's done
Back