Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney $29.99 Amazon Pre-order

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:55 AM

Everywhere else is showing $31.99, so saving of $2 from amazon.

http://www.amazon.co...ht Ace Attorney

#2 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:59 AM

Good find...maybe this is MSRP...who knows...but $29.99 is beter than $31.99 at least hah.

#3 Arkanos

Arkanos

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:06 AM

Updated on BestBuy.com as well now for $29.99.  Add GCU ontop of that and not too bad a deal at all.

#4 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:10 AM

Retail price is probably going to be $29.99 than.

#5 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:24 AM

$31.99 started at Gamestop.  Everyone knows that Nintendo never charges such a strange MSRP and Gamestop always charges too much.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#6 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:31 AM

Awesome!

#7 wap05a

wap05a

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:43 AM

Can't choose my local BB for pickup, wonder if it's too early. Haven't had that issue with any other pre-orders, though. Guess I'll wait until closer to release. 

Worst case is it gets to be about a week before release and I order for shipping then.

#8 MaximusDM

MaximusDM

What is a man!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:46 AM

This gets a physical release but Dual Destinies doesn't? Will not buy until Capcom does what is wright.

#9 miyamotorola

miyamotorola

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:51 AM

:o When you get great deals on Amazon, you enter the AmaZONE. AHAHAHA. That's my own joke! I just made it. Right now I am the most proud of myself than I've ever been in the last decade. This is the greatest achievement I've ever attained.. ever.

#10 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:07 AM

This gets a physical release but Dual Destinies doesn't? Will not buy until Capcom does what is wright.

The thing is Nintendo has a hand in the Level 5 pool and they publish Layton stuff physical, so even this spin off gets a physical release. Capcom doesn't care enough for physical with Dual Destinies /Ace Attourney trilogy and that's their choice and the reason I haven't bought Dual Destinies yet.

This also why Fantasy Life is getting a physical release since it's Nintendo publishing it. 

#11 tsoul

tsoul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:31 AM

Will need to find another game to get free shipping from BBY order

#12 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:51 AM

Updated on BestBuy.com as well now for $29.99.  Add GCU ontop of that and not too bad a deal at all.

I knew it. I just knew that that would be the MSRP and Gamestop was just being their typical money-grubbing selves.

Looks like I'm cancelling my Amazon preorder.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/31]: :vita: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#13 MaximusDM

MaximusDM

What is a man!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:54 AM

The thing is Nintendo has a hand in the Level 5 pool and they publish Layton stuff physical, so even this spin off gets a physical release. Capcom doesn't care enough for physical with Dual Destinies /Ace Attourney trilogy and that's their choice and the reason I haven't bought Dual Destinies yet.

This also why Fantasy Life is getting a physical release since it's Nintendo publishing it. 

After what Capcom did to me with Ducktales I can't trust them anymore. That was the last straw. The absolutely convinced me that a physical release wasn't coming because who the hell releases an empty box with a pin in it?

And I am the sucker who bought it. Only for a disc version to come out a couple months later or something.

Bastards.

#14 surak

surak

Pickle Inspector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:12 AM

Got a preorder in when it was 31.99. Hurry up with that Pre-order Price Guarantee, AMZN.

#15 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:18 AM

Got a preorder in when it was 31.99. Hurry up with that Pre-order Price Guarantee, AMZN.

You should get the price change as it should record the lowest price before shipping. When they charge when it's shipping you should get the lowest price recorded between your order date and shipping date even if it's not reflected in your order price.

#16 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:18 AM

Since you aren't charged for an Amazon preorder until it ships, you might consider just cancelling your original preorder and making a new one to save time.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/31]: :vita: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#17 guessed

guessed

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:20 AM

Thanks for the updates. Had ordered from Amazon when it was $31.99. Just canceled and ordered with BB (GCU).
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#18 Shadowmoses12

Shadowmoses12

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:56 AM

sweet 5 dollars off credit with 1 up got it for 29.97 -_-

#19 R4L

R4L

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:53 AM

****! I cancelled my pre order to reorder it for $30

I went to use 1button but now the 1button $5 off app isn't working :(

#20 ryuzx

ryuzx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:59 AM

I'm curious if it is in the store's preorder kiosk thing. If that's so then I can preorder it there instead of online and not have to deal with shipping. Best Buy's online preorder also puts a perpetual hold on your money, which is annoying, especially since the game is 2 months out.

#21 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:30 PM

Newegg has adjusted their price as well. http://www.newegg.co...0-420-_-Product

I'll stick with my preorder here, as there is no tax for me, and free shipping doesn't have any minimum amount requirement. Since Amazon has raised their free shipping from 25 to 35 minimum spent, I haven't bought nearly as much as I did last year from them. They also started charging tax as well, so now, there is "NOTHING" they do that makes them better than any other retailer for me, so they have now lost tons of my business.