Flickering lines issue

bdavid81

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Hey guys, I'm pretty sure this is as simple as RMAing my video card, but I want to ask if there are any other possibles causes.

In some games, I'm experiencing rapidly flickering lines all over my screen. It's been most noticable in Borderlands 2 and ARMA 3, though ACIV Black Flag runs pretty much fine. During standard video playback (ie. Game of Thrones episodes) I can see specks/dots flashing all over the videos, but the lines only occur in games.

I have an ASUS GTX 680 which is well within its warranty period.  Settings are are all optimal according to GEForce Experience and I let each game configure itself for best performance.

Is there anything besides a video card that could be causing this? I'm running the latest drivers since I update GEForce whenever it's available.

The flickering lines (horizontal?) sound like vsync is disabled. There is likely an in game setting to enable it, as well as an override setting in your video card control panel. Specks and dots might be a hardware defect, or it might be the video player or decoders you're using.

Pretty much every direction for the lines, usually diagonal towards the center of the screen in Borderlands 2. Yet, I re-launched the game to record it in ShadowPlay, and it ran ran this time around. It's very sporadic it seems.

bread's done
Back