Nintendo Wii U 8GB Skylanders Swap Force Bundle w/ Mario Kart 8 $299 at Newegg

It seems like they raised the price on this. I could have sworn it was $250 yesterday, I think they raised it by $50 and bundled Mario Kart 8 instead.

Either way hard to say this is a great deal. The Skylander's bundle has been going for around $200-$250 on eBay, and Gamestop has it for in-store pickup for $250 so really you'll save $10 if that.

To note the 8gb only has 3gb of free memory since 5gb is used for the system software, so half the free games with mario kart 8 promo will not work without buying a additional external storage and the other two will barely fit on the memory.

How much free space is necessary to download and install the free game?
Each game has different download/install size. Please review the information below.
Name Download & Install Size (MB)*
New Super Mario Bros. U 2302 MB
Pikmin 3 4541 MB
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD 2440 MB
Wii Party U 5157 MB
*Does not include current or future game updates.

If anyone out there really wants to match the Mario Kart 8 bundle you're better off buying a refurbished Wii U from Nintendo and then the additional pieces from Amazon. You'll actually save like $30-$40 that way, plus get an additional game. (Nintendoland)

Still, this isn't a terrible deal if you don't mind flipping the Skylanders stuff. I assume the "$15 off $50" Google Wallet app deal applies to this?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you use the $15 off NewEgg purchase off it brings the price to $284.99.

Knock off the MSRP of Mario Kart 8 and the console comes to $224.99

Sell off the Skylanders stuff and you've got a Wii U for $149.99-$174.99.

So...yes.
Also good if you wan't to avoid tax (for the states that Newegg doesn't charge tax that is). Not that there weren't other options available to bypass the tax, but just adding it to the list.

No it was the Wii U, I know cause I bought one. The price ranged from $199-$220 depending on where you got it The 360 never got a skylanders swap force bundle.

Swap force's value is heavily diminished now that trap team is coming out in October and there has been numerous sales on swap force starter sets.

If you use the $15 off NewEgg purchase off it brings the price to $284.99.

Knock off the MSRP of Mario Kart 8 and the console comes to $224.99

Sell off the Skylanders stuff and you've got a Wii U for $149.99-$174.99.

So...yes.
You'll be damn lucky to sell it for $50 on eBay and after fees and shipping it'll be less. Why not just buy the refurbished unit from Nintendo for $205? It'll look brand new in original packaging since it's from Nintendo and for $25 more (If you sell the Skylanders for $50) you'll get the 32GB instead without the hassle of selling everything.

Not to mention with the 8GB You'll have to go get an external hard drive since it has such a poor amount of space on it.

If anyone out there really wants to match the Mario Kart 8 bundle you're better off buying a refurbished Wii U from Nintendo and then the additional pieces from Amazon. You'll actually save like $30-$40 that way, plus get an additional game. (Nintendoland)

Still, this isn't a terrible deal if you don't mind flipping the Skylanders stuff. I assume the "$15 off $50" Google Wallet app deal applies to this?
Or wait for a very common $250 mario deluxe on ebay. I also saw Skylanders Wii U for $200 not too long ago.

That said, the free digital game w/MK is only until the end of July though. Probably best to jump on any good deal you see this month.

Or wait for a very common $250 mario deluxe on ebay. I also saw Skylanders Wii U for $200 not too long ago.

That said, the free digital game w/MK is only until the end of July though. Probably best to jump on any good deal you see this month.
The once a month deal that sells out after about an hour? Sure, that's the better deal, you just better hope you're paying attention when it pops up.

The once a month deal that sells out after about an hour? Sure, that's the better deal, you just better hope you're paying attention when it pops up.
An hour? Was going on for almost the whole day last time. I'd know because I was pacing back and forth about it.

The last two times the Buy eBay $250 Wii U deluxe bundle popped up, they had less quantity for sale and it coincided with the quadruple eBay bucks, so they sold out relatively quickly.

I would of bought one either time if I checked CAG just a couple hours earlier.

Not an hour, that's for sure. They usually last a third of a day with like 1000-1500 units.

The deal is quite common especially from buy.com. They have these deals at least twice a month.

black-guy-surprise-Caddyshack-boat-scene.gif

bread's done
Back