The Official CAG July 2014 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olengie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Show us what you got. I'm sure it'll be great. :D 

I got some things incoming this week. Anime Expo is also this week, and I'll be attending. 

I guess I'll start it off. First pick ups of the Month. The Vita needed some love. 

20140702_122009_zpsd5484f78.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
After adding a Top Loader NES to my collection last week, I added yet another retro console today:

Needs a cleaning, but $160 with all the hookups (not shown) and the multiple controllers, I cant complain.

Well, these were a tad bit premature but, I've decided to dabble into some import Sega Saturn stuff and I do have a console on its way, should be here tomorrow. Figured I have to take advantage of the great shooter/fighter/arcade lineup that the Saturn got in Japan.

AKAlBpy.jpg

20140703_110735_zpsaee89613.jpg
Gundam SEED Destiny was from Ebay.

Shakugan no Shana and Strike Witches 2 are from Amazon.

Resident Evil 6 was from a Lowball.

I also ordered Eureka Seven Part 1/2 and Strike Witches S1, but they're backordered. 

I picked up Oregon Trail for $20 brand new when it came out just because of nostalgia. A part of me wondered if it'd increase in value, though, just because I thought it might have a short run and it being popular franchise that normally doesn't get console releases.

I don't know if I'd call this one "shovelware". It's not that bad. It's fairly relaxing if you just wanna chill out. It's not as good as the original, but it's definitely playable if you can deal with really slow games.

I picked up an N64 Clear Smoke console with the box (which is in decent shape). It also came with 12 games (most of them sports games sadly. At least Perfect Dark and 1080 Snowboarding were there, which were super beat up). Paid $60. Paid a bit more than I would wanted to but it was too good to pass on a Smoke N64 with the box at that price.

Time to play the ''glorious'' GoldenEye 007 for the first time.

Got my new toy in. I will say the Japanese take very good care of their consoles. This thing looks practically brand new.

lhLK3uN.jpg

I haven't bought anything this month, I've only preordered a couple of things: theatrythhm ce, class of heroes 2(?), persona q ce, and a Mario and princess peach wii game cube controller :)

I struck out today at the thrifts so I hit a few game stores. Glad I did.

At Half Price Books I found:

Gekioh Shooting King (PS1): $5.99 (complete in great shape). Kind of an uncommon SHMUP.

Bionic Commado (360): $2.00 (I know this got mediocre reviews but for the price I figured it was worth a shot)

That wasn't the interesting find. I went to a local game store that usually overprices most things but I can usually find a couple of solid items. After looking around, I grabbed only two items:

Double Switch (Sega CD): $2.99 (complete with mint case, only reason I grabbed it, Sega CD cases this nice are rare. Even had the styrofoam).

Star Wars Episode I Battle for Naboo (N64): $4.99 (last N64 Star Wars game I needed)

When I got up to the counter though, with tax the guy said just over $5.00. I was confused but he pointed out a sign saying they were running 40% off of EVERYTHING. I was pretty shocked, this is the kind of place that won't mark anything down. The bad news? They were clearly pretty picked over. Guy said they had sold out of PS4s in the couple of days this has been running. Most of their Wii U games were gone. Still, they had a few games I had actually had my eye on here that hadn't sold, but the prices were too high. So I went back and grabbed:

Thunder Force III (Genesis): Marked $20.99, $12.59 with discount (a bit beat up... but great price for this and I already have 2 and Lightening Force, just a loose copy)

Uncharted Waters New Horizons (Genesis): Marked $18.99, $11.39 with discount (big sticker right over the end label, pretty mediocre shape even beyond that. I had passed on it before despite the original price not being bad. With the discount though, hard to pass this up, even loose)

Saga Frontier II (PS1): Marked $15.99, $9.59 with discount (just the disc with a printed cover, reason I had passed on this multiple times. Almost passed even with the discount, but there aren't a lot of PS1 RPGs I still need and this was one of them so...)

Pretty darn happy with that.

I struck out today at the thrifts so I hit a few game stores. Glad I did.

At Half Price Books I found:

Gekioh Shooting King (PS1): $5.99 (complete in great shape). Kind of an uncommon SHMUP.

Bionic Commado (360): $2.00 (I know this got mediocre reviews but for the price I figured it was worth a shot)

That wasn't the interesting find. I went to a local game store that usually overprices most things but I can usually find a couple of solid items. After looking around, I grabbed only two items:

Double Switch (Sega CD): $2.99 (complete with mint case, only reason I grabbed it, Sega CD cases this nice are rare. Even had the styrofoam).

Star Wars Episode I Battle for Naboo (N64): $4.99 (last N64 Star Wars game I needed)

When I got up to the counter though, with tax the guy said just over $5.00. I was confused but he pointed out a sign saying they were running 40% off of EVERYTHING. I was pretty shocked, this is the kind of place that won't mark anything down. The bad news? They were clearly pretty picked over. Guy said they had sold out of PS4s in the couple of days this has been running. Most of their Wii U games were gone. Still, they had a few games I had actually had my eye on here that hadn't sold, but the prices were too high. So I went back and grabbed:

Thunder Force III (Genesis): Marked $20.99, $12.59 with discount (a bit beat up... but great price for this and I already have 2 and Lightening Force, just a loose copy)

Uncharted Waters New Horizons (Genesis): Marked $18.99, $11.39 with discount (big sticker right over the end label, pretty mediocre shape even beyond that. I had passed on it before despite the original price not being bad. With the discount though, hard to pass this up, even loose)

Saga Frontier II (PS1): Marked $15.99, $9.59 with discount (just the disc with a printed cover, reason I had passed on this multiple times. Almost passed even with the discount, but there aren't a lot of PS1 RPGs I still need and this was one of them so...)

Pretty darn happy with that.
Too much text, more pictures!

I haven't really purchased anything this month. Besides, picking up Hitman: Absolution Professional Edition. I've also picked up YS: Memories of Celceta Anniversary Edition, Project X Zone: Limited Edition, Blades of Time and Enslaved: Odyssey to The West. I'm still waiting on that Sea Green 2DS that I had purchased from Target during the sale that also happened to be back-ordered. Just my luck.

Technically a Craigslist find, but i figure I'd post it here.  Picked up a very nice addition to the collection for $75:

Definitely going to be testing it out in the morning.  No clue where I'll put it as it takes up quite a bit of room, but I'm super excited to have one of these as you don't see them too often anymore (especially for only $75). 

My first NISA purchase! And for $0.25 cheaper than RightStuf!

20140709_153341-1.jpg

Everything here from FYE.com, except the CD, which was from Amazon:

20140709_153432-1.jpg

20140709_153508-1.jpg

20140709_153554-1.jpg

I enjoyed Centipede Infestation, even though it was a tad basic and easy for my tastes. Still a pretty fun 8ish hours I got out of it (couldn't get the wife to play co-op on this though, or it would of been more on an insane difficulty replay).

Also nice pick up on Oregon Trail, that one has been hovering at the $40 mark for some time.

The Questyen, you should make a blog or something documenting your progress on your complete Wii collection. Where you get what games for how much and lists and pics of what you have.

Im always genuinely interested in your progress.

Heard MovieStop was having a Double Discount sale for its members (20% off used and trade-ins instead of 10%) and decided to stop by.

Used the B3G1 Free sale to nab these:

20140711_153324-1.jpg

20140711_153441-1.jpg

Tom & Jerry and Heaven's Lost Property were the free ones. Justice League was the most expensive at $45.99 before discount.

Used the B2G1 Free on all anime DVDs to nab these:

20140711_153209-1.jpg

20140711_153055-1.jpg

Bleach was $17.99 before discount, Ronin Warriors was $26.99, and the other four were $7.99 each.

Found two Pikmin 2s at Walmart today for $9.98 each (found them in the clearence bin with all the junkie games lol). The funny thing about this was I dug through the big clearence bin for about 10 minutes and only managed to find two, through all the copies of the Deadliest Catch videogame lol. I have no idea for its price influx online??!!

[attachment=6536:games.JPG]

I found these DVD box sets at the flea market, I don't know much about this kind of stuff, but I couldn't leave it there for the price she wanted lol and plus everything is really clean&complete from the discs to the boxes. Are these DVDs obsolete because of the Blu-Ray editions? Any info/help is appreciated thanks!

[attachment=6537:stuffz.JPG]

[attachment=6538:stuff.JPG]

Found two Pikmin 2s at Walmart today for $9.98 each (found them in the clearence bin with all the junkie games lol). The funny thing about this was I dug through the big clearence bin for about 10 minutes and only managed to find two, through all the copies of the Deadliest Catch videogame lol. I have no idea for its price influx online??!!

attachicon.gif
games.JPG

I found these DVD box sets at the flea market, I don't know much about this kind of stuff, but I couldn't leave it there for the price she wanted lol and plus everything is really clean&complete from the discs to the boxes. Are these DVDs obsolete because of the Blu-Ray editions? Any info/help is appreciated thanks!

attachicon.gif
stuffz.JPG

attachicon.gif
stuff.JPG
You can easily sell Pikimin 2 online and make your money back and more.

The Anime isn't obsolete. They're just out of print. As far as I am aware, there is no Blu Ray equivalent..yet. Now please donate Escaflowne to me. :D

s-CRY-ed will get you the most cash.

The others will fetch you at least $30-$40 each, but not as much as the Anime Legends versions.

The only one I am unsure of is X, as that I believe is also available in a slim set from FUNimation.

Bundle of stuff I got from a fellow CAG. All in great condition. I didn't have a white nunchuk (only have red and black) or classic controller (I only had gold and black pros). And all the wiimotes I have are the motionplus built inside one's so glad to pick these two with the motion plus add-ons not built in up.  

20140712_112141_zpsdaf8a194.jpg
Eureka Seven Pt 1 + 2 and Strike Witches were backordered on Amazon. Came in yesterday. 

Got 08th MS Team Vol. 1 from Ebay. 

Grabbed the last two colors I needed of the old style Wii remotes (without the motion plus built in). So here's my current Wii remote collection. All I need left of the US versions are the Gold Zelda one and a white motion plus inside remote.

Got these from a fellow CAG's lowball. Final Fantasy II was sealed. Now I can replay Crisis Core again. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back