Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Killer is Dead LE PS3 *NEW* $14.99 @ GameStop (restock/possible reprint)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:56 AM

Possible reprint or a restock, these have been popping up at gamestops all over my region the past week. I'm told they just came in a shipment with other random games and were not ordered. They are factory sealed as well though the only copy my closest store received had a few small dings in the corner. Completely came as a surprise because I checked every single store in my region when this dropped to $20 earlier in the year and had no luck.

#2 Mr_hat

Mr_hat

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:29 AM

Possible reprint? Jesus Christ........

I guess anytime lamestop ever gets a game back in stock its automatically them reprinting it now? Even ones that sold like shit and are at bargain prices huh?

Funny thing is as far as I know there is no actual proof they ever reprinted anything. It all started with them getting a ton of xenoblades in and selling it for a high price so of course bloggers, neogaf trolls, and reddit all assumed lamestop must be selling reprints! They were fetching a high price on ebay and amazon, so of course they will sell them at a high price and of course they will get a ton of copies in because it would have a high trade in value and lots of kids who don't care would dump it quick. It takes more than butt hurt game nerds on a blog to prove they reprint shit incase you didn't know.

#3 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:39 AM

I guess anytime lamestop ever gets a game back in stock its automatically them reprinting it now? Even ones that sold like shit and are at bargain prices huh?

Funny thing is as far as I know there is no actual proof they ever reprinted anything. It all started with them getting a ton of xenoblades in and selling it for a high price so of course bloggers, neogaf trolls, and reddit all assumed lamestop must be selling reprints! They were fetching a high price on ebay and amazon, so of course they will sell them at a high price and of course they will get a ton of copies in because it would have a high trade in value and lots of kids who don't care would dump it quick. It takes more than butt hurt game nerds on a blog to prove they reprint shit incase you didn't know.

While I can't speak to "Killer is Dead" it has been confirmed that Metroid and Xenoblades received a reprint----so yeah---you're an idiot.

#4 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:40 AM

Jeez, who peed in your cornflakes?

Anyways, seeing as it was in their ad last week, it stands to reason that they were shipped a bunch of fresh copies so that each store would have them on hand.  The game was likely overproduced and undersold.

Posted Image

#5 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:41 AM

I'm not sure I get your rant mr_hat. I checked a good 20 stores months ago and this was not available at all. In the last week numerous stores are restocking brand née factory sealed copies. My local stores didn't even order these, they're just popping up.

I would doubt it's a reprint since it is supposed to be a 'limited edition' though all of us know that means nothing nowadays.

#6 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:42 AM

Jeez, who peed in your cornflakes?

Anyways, seeing as it was in their ad last week, it stands to reason that they were shipped a bunch of fresh copies so that each store would have them on hand. The game was likely overproduced and undersold.

When I heard about the $15 sale price last week I shrugged it off knowing the LE was long gone. I can't fathom how that version is showing up now. /confused

#7 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:43 AM

I'm not sure I get your rant GBA. I checked a good 20 stores months ago and this was not available at all. In the last week numerous stores are restocking brand née factory sealed copies. My local stores didn't even order these, they're just popping up.

I would doubt it's a reprint since it is supposed to be a 'limited edition' though all of us know that means nothing nowadays.

Wrong poster... I didn't rant that was the other guy.

#8 z24buddy

z24buddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:46 AM

Keep telling yourself there is no proof of those reprints and keep proving to the world that you are a moron with your head in the sand (or somewhere else dark). Please tell me where I can get a factory sealed US version of Metroid Prime Trilogy in a standard white case? Oh wait, thats right they didn't exist in standard cases until Gamestop reprinted them and put them in those white cases. Stupid.

#9 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:32 AM

Xenoblades is Lamestop Exclusive.  They do whatever with they game!  Hope they  contract is expired soon by the time Nintendo release Xenoblades X with Xenoblades in HD. :)

"Evil is Funs"

#10 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:18 PM

I'm amazed that there are people who are still denying the Xenoblade and Prime Trilogy reprint. 

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#11 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:38 PM

When I heard about the $15 sale price last week I shrugged it off knowing the LE was long gone. I can't fathom how that version is showing up now. /confused

A non-LE version of this game doesn't exist as far as I know.  So these are apparently copies that were oversupplied.

#12 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:27 AM

Checked with my local store to try to confirm if this is a reprint. Not a definitive answer, though the SKU now is ACTIVE for this and not only can be readily ordered, yet also is being shipped to stores as a surplus with shipments. Earlier this year when it hovered between $20-$30 this was nowhere to be found.