Scribblenauts Unmasked - A DC Comics Adventure (Nintendo 3DS) $7.99 @ Best Buy

I am going to visit my family this weekend and my little brother is finally getting into comic books! I have been going overall bunch with him when I visit and he loves the Scibblenauts games. This is perfect! I am putting an order in for store pickup right by their house!

Thanks OP!

I don't think I have these two yet for 3DS. I updated my game collection spreadsheet this weekend but didn't upload the new version to my phone. D'oh. I know I have Unlimited for WiiU already but I'm not sure about 3DS. No idea if these will sell out before I get home tonight to check. I suppose I could just do two separate in-store pickups then cancel the either if I already have them. Hmmm...

Also, Putty Squad for PS4 is part of this sale, worth $10? I could swear I've seen it a bit cheaper on PSN already, but I always prefer the disc option when I can.

I have Unlimited that I got last time it was $7.99, and I still haven't played it. As a comics reader, how much would I enjoy Unmasked?

Awesome!  Thanks for sharing, TC!

In for Unmasked at $6.35 after tax and GCU discount.  Always wanted to try this game once and at this price, I'm more than happy to get it.  

Thanks Op! My oldest son's birthday is tomorrow and we just got him a 2ds, so this is perfect! And he can finally leave my Vita alone.

Dang, real tempting. Wish the Wii U version was this price though. Gonna have to think about this one, thanks for posting OP!

I have Unlimited that I got last time it was $7.99, and I still haven't played it. As a comics reader, how much would I enjoy Unmasked?
Well I played the WiiU version but it was pretty cool. That said, the game isn't very detailed. For instance, they programmed it so that Batman refuses to hold a gun..... yet the blue lanterns don't empower green lanterns, black lanterns aren't destroyed only by the power of other lanterns, ect. They have super-obscure lanterns and whatnot, but aside from Blight and Terry McGuiness they are missing the entire Batman Beyondverse.... there are also some other notable gaps in the Legion of Superheroes and other groups. And if you are looking for Blackest Night stuff like Blue Lantern Flash, Yellow Lantern Scarecrow, Orange Lantern Luthor, White Lantern Sinestro/Hal..... forget it.... yet they did include Star Sapphire Wonder Woman and Red Lantern Mera :oops: Hell, they don't even have the Jester-suit Sinestro, you know, the one from that 30 year period between being kicked out of the GL Corps and creating the Sinestro Corps :cry: I found plenty of other characters missing too FWIW.

Finally, the New 52 isn't represented very well, and some choices there are odd. Simon Baz made the cut, but the 3rd Army, White Lantern Kyle Rayner, Volthoom, and tons of others didn't. I would attribute this to the fact that this game was announced when the New 52 was around it's 1st year (IIRC) but it's hard to get why some were included and others weren't.

Despite all the little omissions though it's a fun little game, and for $8 I'm sure it's great. I'm tempted to double dip myself at that price.

Last edited:
I beat Unmasked on Wii U in three days. I still bought a 3DS copy from this sale along with Putty Squad. I don't own a PS4 yet but I will but one someday.

Thanks for the heads up. 3 games for $17.17 after tax and GCU. For that price i couldn't say no.

And the backlog grows stronger....

Seems to be out of stock in my area.  I might stop buy after work anyway and see.

Does this get the 60 Nintendo coins or is that only for the downloadable copy?

Seems to be out of stock in my area. I might stop buy after work anyway and see.

Does this get the 60 Nintendo coins or is that only for the downloadable copy?
60 coins would be for a WiiU game not a 3DS game. I think 3DS is down to either 30 or 40 coins. I can't confirm as I haven't bought and registered a 3DS game in quite some time.

Can a seven year old handle these games?
Website says it is appropriate for children with 10 year old vocabulary.

So I got a $5 certificate for best buy that can only be used in store but my store doesn't have the game but offers ship to store. How can I apply it to the order if I have to pay online?

Excellent price. My 8-year-old son has this and loves it. It's a lot of fun and includes EVERY DC Comics hero and villain in it including the most obscure ones.

Can a seven year old handle these games?
. I don't know, does your 7 year old know what Batman Inc is? Does he know the history between Flash and Eobard Thawne? Can he eveknow who Larfleeze is and what he does? What about Sinestro?

All this stuff is from the story missions, I think the game loses a LOT of its value if you don't have at least a passing familiarity with DC

Last edited:
No Club Nintendo code in the physical. At least not in mine. I think the points are for the digital version only.
Thanks that it what I thought but I wasn't sure. I might stop by my local BB after work anyway to see if they have a copy. Online it shows they don't.

Are people seriously buying this for worthless points? Are Mario stamped notepads and folders really that important to you people? WTF?

This is a fun game that is a fantastic experience for any DC fan. At this price is a bargain. Buy of and quit botching about damn worthless coins, just hit the dollar store on the way home, its the same shit anyways.

[quote name="rcerboss" post="11890565" timestamp="1404354025"]Are people seriously buying this for worthless points? Are Mario stamped notepads and folders really that important to you people? WTF?

This is a fun game that is a fantastic experience for any DC fan. At this price is a bargain. Buy of and quit botching about damn worthless coins, just hit the dollar store on the way home, its the same shit anyways.[/quote]Someone didn't reached Platinum...

Someone didn't reached Platinum...
Uh, yeah I did.... registered 4 MK8s, 4 free games, and a WiiU. And let me tell you I can't wait to receive my deck of cards, worthless pin set, or ancient CD. Its not like I don't have enough worthless shot *eye roll*

[quote name="rcerboss" post="11890612" timestamp="1404355433"]Uh, yeah I did.... registered 4 MK8s, 4 free games, and a WiiU. And let me tell you I can't wait to receive my deck of cards, worthless pin set, or ancient CD. Its not like I don't have enough worthless shot *eye roll*[/quote]Then what are you expecting for basically a free service?

Uh, yeah I did.... registered 4 MK8s, 4 free games, and a WiiU. And let me tell you I can't wait to receive my deck of cards, worthless pin set, or ancient CD. Its not like I don't have enough worthless shot *eye roll*
then stop registering coins. :roll:

Stop bitching about the quality of the items already. Nobody is forcing you to register anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back